My three-year-old Onyx+ died. Wouldn't turn on or charge for a month. Then suddenly it came back to life!?

A few weeks back I had the bizarre experience of one of my toys coming back from the dead. I was SO close to throwing it away too, but before I did I thought I’d test it one last time and I’m sure glad I did!

A little background: My Onyx+ was three years old and had seen pretty regular use, even after I received my Handy and started scripting for that. It’s just so much more comfortable and less awkward despite not being as fast or precise. It regularly gives me better orgasms than my Handy, so as you can imagine I was very sad the day it stopped turning on and wouldn’t charge.

Now as I said, I love my Onyx+, so I made absolutely certain that the issue was with the toy itself and NOT the charging setup. I brought a speaker and a phone that also use micro-USB to where it was charging and they charged fine. Then I tried three other micro-USB cables with the same three devices, with three different USB to outlet converters, at three different outlets, and confirmed that every single device, cable, outlet, and converter functioned normally EXCEPT for the Onyx+, which would not charge or respond in any way.

At this point I reached out to support, doubtful for any sort of replacement because it was three years old, but at least hoping for some advice. I had a short email conversation with them, but ultimately when they found out how old it was they said they couldn’t help me at all.

So I tried to accept it. My first toy, the thing that got me started scripting and into this whole community, was dead. It made sense in my mind, too. Not only did I use it frequently, I wrote scripts that pushed that thing to its absolute limit. Still, every few days I found myself plugging it back in to see if it would charge, hopeful that maybe a miracle would happen, to no avail.

Over a month had gone by and it was still completely unresponsive, and I sadly finally accepted that it was just taking up space in my room and in my mind, so I grabbed it from under my desk and accidentally hit it against the desk as I was taking it out. I didn’t think much of that at the time since I’m just a clumsy person. I was ready to get rid of it, but I couldn’t stop myself from just plugging it in one last time before throwing it in the dumpster…

…and the charging light turned on! :open_mouth:

I was so surprised and happy I didn’t touch it or disturb it until I was sure it was done charging. After that it turned on normally, and performed just as well as it always had. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Been using it a couple times a week for over a month since then with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I don’t know what the hell happened. I realize how dumb this sounds, but the ONLY thing I can think of is that somehow I accidentally fixed it by hitting it against my desk. Anyone have a better explanation?

I guess the moral of the story is sometimes being a stubborn hoarder pays off, and if you have a toy you’re about to throw away, give it a good smack against something hard and test it one more time before you do. After all, if it’s about to go in the trash, what do you have to lose? :rofl: