My Tools - Extension for OpenFunscripter

I downloaded this and tried to copy to Extras folder (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS3_data\extensions\Extras) but nothing from it appears in OFS3. I already had a “main.lua” in there for the “My Tools” install and that still shows in OFS now. I tried putting the “main.lua” from “Util” package in subfolder - did not appear… tried renaming to “util.lua” and put in same place as main.lua… did not appear. How do I install botha t same time? No instructions at all with this. The OFS functionality for plugins is very poorly documented.

EDIT: OK I figured it out… for anyone in future… you put the extracted “Util_Eng” folder into the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS3_data\extensions folder … not into the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS3_data\extensions\Extras folder. Then a new menu item Util_eng appears in the Extensions menu for you to open.

1 Like

Hi geogan,

I don’t program tool to select every second top point.
Sorry

Is there some way with this tool to select a bunch of points and randomly move them all differently up or down a random number positions within a range? Like up or down 2-10 positions.

Yes, you can use function with random.
Or Scale by function

Can you explain how this would be done?

With FUNCTION tool configured like that :
Random
Variable amplitude
Amplitude (Start) = 2
Amplitude (End) = 10
Start = 2
Period = very small time like 1 seconde
Random Substractive/Additive

This tool is so helpful and works perfectly in OFS 2.0.0. It was so well-designed I was able to just figure it out intuitively.

What I don’t understand is that it behaves very strangely and is unusable for me in OFS 3.2.0. It will show the window normally, and a few functions work like the “add one action there”, but I can’t get an accurate time lapse with the “Get time lapse” feature nor does the “add as many actions as possible” feature work. I’ve gone back and forth twice now and both times switching back to OFS 2.0.0 was the only thing that gave me back full functionality of the My Tools extension.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Hi TheBassist,
Many thanks for your comment,

You’re right and you don’t miss anything, My Tools - Extension for OpenFunscripter is for OFS 2.0.0 only.
I never try with OFS 3.0.0 and I don’t plan to update soon.

1 Like

Question:

Is there a way with this tool to snap points to the nearest frame/vertical line in the graph?

See here that this point is between the vertical lines. Can we snap it, and hopefully all points to the nearest line?

Capture

Yes,
Be using the button “Add one action there”.
Move your cursor (white line in your screen shot) on the frame then press the button.

This seems to move the tops and bottoms. Is there a way to move just the top points randomly 1-5 numbers without changing the bottom point positions?

Also, could this tool shift all points to the nearest multiple of 5?

Are y’all in this thread still using OFS v2.0? I am curious about this tool but pretty hesitant to downgrade OFS versions.

Hi plabplabplab01,

No, you can’t do that.

why? i run the both version on my pc!

I use OFS 3.2.0 with My Tools, why are people in this comment section saying that it’s either not possible or that they will never try version 3?

2 Likes

I never tried. Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

1 Like