NaughtyAmerica re-added Scripts

Well, your intention is to clearly download everything you can in a month and come back again after a year or so to download more scripts again, so I totally understand why companies are looking for ways to hold people back within their subscriptions.

I’m not telling the NA is the best company, but for $10 extra you get access to hundreads of scripts. And you can download them along with the video to use it locally if you have bad internet for streaming, so I don’t know what you are complaining about. It’s not a scam, it’s just different business model, in terms it’s very similar to SLR’s model - “You cancel membership and you lose access to scripts”.

CzechVR gave people access to download everything they want and people repayed them by uploading their scripts to torrents, so yeah - more access =/= less piracy.

1 Like

Can you use them? , I tried downloading a few scripts that seems to be 1-2kb in size and opened them on handy connect and their empty.

1 Like

I guess he meant the videos. A script is only a few 100kb’s and shouldn’t be affected by bad internet connection or low bandwidth.

1 Like

I think is the main issue , Just them not being clear about it, technically yes you can download scripts to use locally are some extra steps behind it unlike downloading a script from SLR/CzechVR.

1 Like

The SLR model is not “you cancel and lose access to scripts”. If I downloaded a script, and cancel, the script still works. With NA/TNG, it does not.

My intention is not “download everything I can and come back in a year”. With all the sites I sub to (and it’s most of them) I have yearly or lifetime subs. In truth, I only subbed to NA and TNG because they have scripts for Kenna James (pre-implants), Jenna J Ross, Ashley Lane, and Liz Jordan. That’s all I’m interested in from them, and that’s all I’ve downloaded or intend to download, even though I paid for a year sub.

But, again, if I download a movie, and later decide to cancel my sub to your site for some reason (like you never update, or quality goes down, or I am not interested in your latest models, etc), I don’t expect the movie I downloaded last year to suddenly no longer work. That is what will happen with NA and TNG scripts.

It seems like you didn’t clearly read the post.

1 Like

Yes, one of the main issues is this. The other is that you aren’t actually downloading scripts, you are downloading limited time access tokens - which can be revoked at any time (like if they decide that they don’t want to do scripts any more, all your downloaded scripts would then become useless.

1 Like

For me it’s the same buisness model. If you stop ineractive membership at SLR you also lose access to all scripts besides 3 scripts a month that you keep forever as a bonus, other than that it’s 100% the same thing. What I’m saying the scripts at NA are more piracy-proof, because they have a killswitch for the moment of the leak. The only downside is that the scripts are locked to Handy users, so they definitely lost a lot of potenial customers.

About the rest of your post, you can re-read your earlier comment and maybe see where the assumptions come from. I’m not gonna dive into that discussion.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculusnsfw/comments/ue16rj/tonights_girlfriend_ripoff_do_not_subscribe/i6raxzp/

So to clarify a couple of things on this thread:

1. They fixed the bug, and you can download scripts on both Naughty America and Tonight’s Girlfriend. I am happy for this, but I had to literally take a screencap video of myself downloading some scripts from their website and not being able to download others before customer service would acknowledge that a) I was supposed to be able to download scripts and b) that it was broken. That’s a lot of aggravation for me to have to educate your own customer service about how your site works.
  2. You can download scripts, but they are not traditional script files. Handyfeeling seems to host them and serve them up, such that the script you download isn’t usable in DeoVR like other scripts. Instead, you have to use the crappy player on handyfeeling.com, or load it into script player, select handyfeeling as the host, and select DeoVR or whatever as your player before it works. Really cumbersome and annoying to have to do a whole new custom setup just to play a few scripts that NA and TNG offers.
  3. It is unclear if these token you download are able to be used after you subscription lapses. Perhaps TNG or NA could weigh in here, though I doubt they will since they want to keep us locked in to a sub model. I suspect they won’t work once my sub lapses since otherwise I could just download the 8 or 10 scripts I want and cancel my script sub (you know, like a normal site). When my sub expires, I will update this post.

UPDATE: Naughty America/TNGF confirmed above that whatever scripts you download will only be usable for a “predetermined” amount of time after your sub ends. After that, you have to pay them and re-download them all again.

5 Likes

I disagree. I think the model on SLR is pretty straight forward. If you stream it it’s a rental, if you download it you can keep it (and use it) forever. Also on SLR you can buy individual scripts to download them whenever you want.
NA can obviously go with whatever business model they want, but it should be clear on their website. Customers shouldn’t have to go on forum like here, or on reddit, to know if this is something they are ok to pay for or not.

7 Likes

It’s not. SLR looks great next to it. It’s a very bad user experience to say least. We wouldn’t do that shit.

5 Likes

You know, I’d be alright with this model if they would just say it’s the model. It would also work even better for me if they let you DL the scripts for the month you are paid up for or something like that. IDK what these autogenerated scripts would be worth tbh, certainly significantly less then an SLR pro scripter like realcucumber.

5 Likes

Not to belabor the point overmuch, but they have a killswitch for the moment the sub stops paying you, not the moment of the “leak”. If you paid for a sub, downloaded some movies, and then decided not to re-up that sub next year and found that all the movies you downloaded stopped playing the next day, I’d hazard a guess that you might be rather annoyed.

1 Like

Just for a record we have stopped any active engagement with Handy once we learned they are partnering with NA months ago.

Despite Alexander assured they are not anywhere close to our cooperation it appears they became major partners over time.

If I’m not mistaken TheHandy provides a tool, NA implementation is just an implementation.

NA is a total garbage and they are known to run multiple shady practices over time (which tend to end badly for them).

Looks like the Handy intends to build their own scripting pipeline for multiple sites.

2 Likes

@doublevr : I just wanted to say that I’m glad you noticed this thread and chimed in. I hope you realize that your scripters (and the loving, frame-by-frame quality they provide), is what sells us on SLRs model, not the quantity. The immersion from one Realcumber or Judge script is worth 10 shittty auto-generated scripts any day, and I am sure almost everyone here agrees with that.

10 Likes

They are pre-generated? What a shame… With the right development of AI maybe we will see good scripts some day, in the end most careers will be replaced by it and I’m sure scripters will be one of those group. Maybe if they reduced the price tag to 5 dollars it would be more acceptable. All in all it will be interesting - competition is always good for us, customers.

Did you try the scripts @withy? I saw some comments here that they are not that bad as you wrote. Are the scrips at least decent for the riding parts?

I believe most of it is AI generated but there are definitely some manual refinements done by actual people. Some scripts are hit and miss but I found the ones I did try to be decent compared to the first release of scripts.

For an extra $10 I think it is a fair price for what NA/Handy is offering. NA messed up by not advertising as such but at the same time thinking that we can get hundreds of scripts for $10 is an egregious thought. I can only see them offering offline scripts as a PPV model. I think they are trying to figure out how to deal with piracy. Why bother investing in scripting when all it takes are a handful of people to download it all and release them.

1 Like

The standard of scripts is not amazing, but it is initially exciting to find scripts for some of these great scenes with some of my favourite stars. Where it massively falls behind SLR is in the quality of the scripts, and the ability to download 3 scripts a month and buy more, however I would love it if I could stream SLR scripts with the videos on my own PC as the streaming doesn’t work great for me despite me having 100mbit superfast broadband. It’s ok in 4k but still buffers quite frequently, but I’d like to watch in the highest possible resolution.

If NA made an annual bundle available with scripts with a similar discount level to their regular annual bundle (ie an extra $50/£50 PA for the scripts) then I’d most likely consider, given that scripts will hopefully continue to improve, and appear more regularly (the number has been stuck at 247 so far, surely there will be more?). As it is I’ll let my one month sub expire and wait and see what happens.

I would and will of course continue my SLR sub and if it came to a straight choice between the 2, SLR wins every time for quality and quantity of scripts. I think the $9.99 a month for SLR scripts is a bargain, $9.99 a month for NA scripts as it stands now is not.

3 Likes

Not really interested longterm, I would advise people it’s not paid/frame by frame quality… The one thing SLR knocks out of the ballpark consistently is interactive scripts… RC and the scripters do a top tier job with next level VR immersion… I tried NA and for me I immediately noticed there mostly bot scripted… + with SLR you can actually buy/download/own them… If NA ever goes with a similar model wake me up lol

8 Likes

Just curious. How did you get this working with Heresphere on Quest? I can only get VR content to play within the browser frame and even then it does not seem to recognize the connected Handy.

Or did you also download the scripts manually?

Oculus browser suck, limited to 5k max. That was the main reason why I stopped subscribing to czechvr. These vr sites need to seriously step up their game and make it easy to stream script like slr.

2 Likes