NaughtyAmerica re-added Scripts

And yet, that is what we get from a sub to CzechVR, so it isn’t an egregious thought - and their scripts are MUCH better than NA/TNGF. CzechVR is bigger, better, and more well established than NA or TNGF, but still a fair distance behind SLR, and SLRs scripts are better. If I had to choose only one, it’d be SLR for the hands-down best script quality, not quantity.

2 Likes

NA just dumped a bunch more scripts, up to 272 now. Some are just conversions of scripts that had already been scripted and now remastered.

Then should SLR release all their scripts for download on a single subscription?

I agree NA scripts are not the best of quality but they have to start somewhere and as a consumer I welcome any competition, particularly ones that have access to more mainstream talent. CzechVR has better quality scripts than NA but I find their talent are hit and miss and I know I’m not the only one who has this sentiment.

Obviously everyone would choose SLR over all other providers and I’m not arguing that. Having a monopoly on a market is not good in the longer term for consumers. Whilst the business model of NA is apparently polarising to many I’m willing to give them a chance but if they don’t improve over time then I will stop my sub.

3 Likes

No, I actually don’t think that SLR should release all its scripts on a single sub, and here’s why: it isn’t fair to the scripters, they will lose the best, talented, passionate ones, and overall quality will go down for the users. I’m not arguing that everyone should release all their downloads, but I am arguing that you should be transparent about what you are doing, your quality, and charge accordingly.

Frankly, I think that SLRs script subscription is worth MORE than we currently pay, even at only three downloads a month. The frame-by-frame precision is priceless, and currently unmatched anywhere else. I’d easily pay 25 - 30 dollars a month just for that - given that the quality stays the same. Plus, I get to keep three of those masterpieces a month.

For CzechVR, they could probably charge 10 dollars a month for their scripts, given that their scripts are not as high quality, they are released rather sporadically, and they don’t have the talent pool to draw from. Even so, they are not terrible. If they charged $10 bucks a month, they could probably script more frequently and with better quality. They should probably limit their downloads to three, too.

For NA/TNGF, they should really just include them in the sub, considering that their sub alone is more expensive than either CzechVR or SLR, while not having nearly the catalog, the models, the video quality, or functional website of either. When you add that their scripts are auto-generated and that you dont get to keep any after your sub expires - do the math. They are milking you much more money for much less product while actively harming the scripters by flooding the market with cheap crap and being misleading about it to boot.

No thanks.

4 Likes

Agree with everything except that the NA/Handy do have some people who go over and edit the scripts. Lazy or inexperienced who knows but they still have people working on editing it. They are going to need money to pay or get talented scripters but as I said if I don’t see improvement over time then it is a no go.

I got burnt by the original release of NA scripts and if you had experienced that then you would know that this time round it is a great improvement. This is the only reason why I’m not too critical of them yet.

I guess it depends on where you live but I can get an NA sub for $15 including the scripts.

1 Like

When I pull them up here, the month-to-month prices are:

CzechVR 24.95 + 0.00 for scripts (377 scripts available) = 24.95
SLR 29.99 + 9.99 for scripts (718 scripts available) = 39.98
NA 31.95 + 9.99 for scripts (272 scripts available) = 41.94
TNGF 31.95 + 9.99 for scripts (30 scripts available) - 41.94

No, that’s not a typo - TNGF actually has the nerve to charge as much as NA for their sub and script sub, despite far fewer vids and THIRTY WHOLE SCRIPTS.

I am in the US, fyi.

2 Likes

TNGF is a bad business model. I refuse to sub to TNGF because I don’t see why it can’t be part of the NA sub. Do you have an option to pay via PayID? I get an equivalent of $5 USD per month via that option.

I honestly hope the NA/Handy team sees this discussion because if they did improve in the long term it would be amazing for consumers. I still think NA/Handy should make an offline version of scripts available though. It bugs me a bit because it is locked to the Handy and I have both the Handy and Keon.

1 Like

SLR regular price is $37.99. Right now there’s a 21% discount. Unless SLR has a permanent discount and just pretends to have a temporary discount it’s an unfair comparison.

To be honest, I hate business models where discounts are used on a regular basis and to such an extent that paying full price is for suckers that don’t know better. SLR is definitely not alone using that business model unfortunately, but that’s a discussion for another time.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s deceptive too. Tbh, I’ve never seen that discount NOT be there, so I guess it’s marketing “today only” kind of nonsense. I don’t like that tactic either.

Still, though - SLR also offers deeper discounts for low-income folks, something I have never seen elsewhere, and SLR has more videos AND scripts than the other three combined.

I’ve given them a fair amount of crap for other stuff they’ve done, but I can’t complain about quality and quantity of videos and scripts for the price they charge. They’re definitely the cutting edge of value and innovation to me.

3 Likes

It’s only fair if you compare all the prices without discounts or with discounts. Without discounts (1 month sub):
CzechVR 24.95 + 0.00 for scripts (377 scripts available) = $24.95
SLR 49.99 for scripts (718 scripts available) = $49.99 (“add interactive scripts” toggle on when subscribing)
NA 31.95 + 9.99 for scripts (272 scripts available) = $41.94
TNGF 31.95 + 9.99 for scripts (30 scripts available) = $41.94

From all sites mentioned above only CzechVR allows unlimited script download, which makes it the best offer both in pricing and quantity. Quality is top level for me as well, but it’s just personal opinion. Remaining sites require you to use scripts in streaming mode, so you can watch as many as you are able IN A MONTH - even at one video a day, it leaves you with ~30 scripts for the money you paid (+3 scripts that you can download for SLR sub) that dissapear the day you end your sub (again -3 scripts that you can keep on SLR).

There is also one big factor that some people forget. Streaming scripts most likely means that you are forced to use a predefined video player. For SLR it’s DeoVR which sucks. Yes, the scripts are amazing, but the quality of the video itself is much worse in comparision to e.g. Heresphere. This is why I think that NA took a step in the right direction. They don’t force you to use some shitty video player as long as you use the Handy in wifi mode. This doesn’t of course change the fact that for both subs you are forced to keep subbing or you end up with nothing in your pockets. As you mentioned earlier the accessability is the best way to fight piracy and we already had a topic about site called VRSexBoard that where uploading some of the SLR scripts (can’t find it now but it was made by doublevr I think, maybe someone can link it later?) and preyed on people who want to use their scripts locally. I honestly never understood fair use policy on SLR that allows you to download 1500 videos a month, but for some reason 3 scripts is all you can get at the same time. It’s especially weird because each made video requires the studio to pay thousands of dollars. They could pay scripters few hundred dollars for each script + earnings from the interactive sub and allow their customers to download as much scripts as they want, but no - the ratio 1500:3 is “fair”.

Back to pricing. If you want to support SLR scripters I think it’s just better to pay for a discounted sub on something like POVR or directly to each studio (and change it each month) and for the remaining money out of $50 buy scripts on SLR - you will be able to get more scripts this way each month and you also support scripters with more money than $10 that they normally get splitted between all scripters.

2 Likes

You do make a good on point on HereSphere. I sub to SLR but now I see their script streaming as a trial to see whether I want to download or buy the scripts so I can use it in HereSphere. HereSphere is just too good to pass up for the immersion it creates.

Whether it was luck or planned, NA partnering piggy backing up on the Handy’s flexible script streaming infrastructure has in a way made their scripts more accessible funnily enough. If SLR had some option like this then I would consider subbing more consistently but it looks like they are pushing their ecosystem pretty hard.

Do you mind me asking how you can get that deal?

I think it is locked to Aus because PayID seems to be only available here. I think it is only a limited offer or is a bug and should be $16.95 AUD which is equivalent to $12 USD.

Do you have any other payment options available when you try to join? This is what I see when I click join

Yeah Paypal and Crypto are available. I’m in the UK and it sort of sucks as we pay a bit more for most things. Like instead of $100 for the year we pay £100 etc

Good points here. I surprised that a lot of folks here believe SLR is offering the best deal. The quality is inferior compare to CzechVR and POVR. I would say for supporting scripters we need another service that charge users monthly and gives them unlimited download.

The vast majority recognizes known script creators supplying SLR being the king of the hill with no #2 anywhere near.

As I understand CVR scripts were great while Realcumber was making those. Now it’s far from what it was as someone else is in charge.

I would say for supporting scripters

If you really want to support script creators you should get SLR as it offers the biggest script creators commissions which are paid accordingly to how popular their scripts are measured in seconds and downloads. CVR is paying flat fee per script what is relatively low to what a single script makes on SLR.

By the end of the day it’s not about money, but all the innovation and integrity that we make.

I can’t believe how blind some people are and yet very vocal about it.

3 Likes

Next day after writing that you won’t go NaughtyAmerica’s way you started a topic about automation of the scripts. I will quote realcumber:

I can’t believe how blind some people are and yet very vocal about it.

3 Likes

Being reasonable is not your strong skill.

IMO high-demanded videos should be manually scripted, and lower demanded videos could be automated for example. If they get tagged properly, of course.

1 Like

Being trustworthy is not your strong skill.

1 Like