OFS script statistics extension

OFS script statistics extension

Hey guys! I’ve created a new OpenFunscripter v3 Lua extension that enables detailed script-wide statistics. It’s an (unofficial) addition to the default statistics window (View tab > Statistics).

By default, the OFS editor only shows statistics relating to the interval between two actions found at or near the timeline navigation cursor. This extension adds a whole new layer of information by analyzing the entire currently active script.

You can download the extension from the GitHub repository. Below is an extract of the GitHub README with more information about the extension. Let me know what you think and if you find any problems or have suggestions for improvements/additions!

Features

• View statistics about the entire script, as well as for a selected portion of the script
  • View general information, such as number of actions, runtime of the script, number of peaks and troughs (see explanation on GitHub)
  • View the average, maximum and minimum action position, speed and duration, as well as peak and trough duration
  • Convenient GUI with nested cascading headers allowing you to see only what interests you (see showcase on GitHub)
  • Automatically refreshes values when the active script changes, when the script is changed in any way and when the action selection changes
  • Developed for OFS v3

Installation

1. Download and extract the latest version of the extension from GitHub releases
  2. Copy the Script statistics directory and add it to the OFS extensions directory (%appdata%/OFS3_data/extensions/)
  3. Start OpenFunscripter
  4. In the Extensions tab, hover over the Script statistics list item and tick Enabled and Show window
  5. Optionally, you can pin the extension window to the OFS GUI. I prefer dedicating the right side of the UI to both the default and the extended statistics

GUI showcase

If you like this extension, please spread the word about it! Any feedback is welcome, so feel free to share your thoughts, suggestions for improvements or any bugs you may find.

Also, check out my other OFS extension project:

8 Likes

I can’t say how much use I’ll personally get out of this, but fuck yeah data! The more information we have to work with, the more cool shit people can come up with. Nice work!

ALSO, that’s one hell of a way to join the community.

2 Likes

Hah, cheers! And yeah, this was effectively an introduction to Lua scripting for me, since I’m coming from an embedded C/C++ background plus some Python experience. Was fun, worked on it for about a week. It’s not the most efficient implementation ever, but it’s good enough for “lustful” work haha.

1 Like

Indeed, you can watch my career with great interest haha. I’ve just published another extension, building upon what I’ve learned from making this stats extension. However, I believe this new one to be way more important for the community.

This new extension makes it way easier to convert funscript patterns into power level variations suitable for any buttplug.io-supported rotary fuck machine, such as the Hismith lineup or the Lovense Sex Machine.

1 Like

Thanks a ton for this tool. When I share scripts I like to include as much overview data as I can so people know what they’re getting into, so this tool is gonna be super helpful to me.

Honestly kinda weird OFS doesn’t have this built in. Come to think of it other softwares like After Effects and Blender also don’t have something like this built in.

1 Like

Hey, glad it helped you! Also feel free to suggest additional stats you might want to see added to this tool, i’m always down to making improvements if people want them!