OFS VR Frame scripting lag

I’m trying to script a VR video using ofs but when I try to go through each frame (pressing the left or right button), the video does not move or play. This makes it impossible to script because I see no movement.

If I just let the video play without going through each frame, the video will play just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: it might be the video type because i have another vr video that is lower quality but will actually work fine if i go through frame by frame. However I’m not really sure what types of video formats work and what dont

Use a free program like handbrake (simple) or DaVinci Resolve (full-featured editor) to convert the video to something like 1920 x 960, keep the bit-rate/video quality settings low (2400 bps in DaVinci for example) and MAKE SURE you use the exact same frame-rate of the original video.

Save as a different name (add “small” or something else to the title) and export the new video. rename the funscript to this new video name and edit away in OFS.

When you’re happy with the script, change the name to the original file name and that’s it.

Thank you! that works

1 Like

did that work? id assume it didnt… I could be wrong as I haven’t tested it but I am pretty sure its the limitation and complexity of framerate when attempting to cycle through and place nodes. So you wouldn’t lower video quality in terms of bit rate and resolution, just re render the video with a 30 fps framerate

I’ve had some timing issues when I was learning how to script and it came down to framerate variances. If I choose any frame-rate other than the original’s, it resulted in sync issues on scripts as the video played. I’ve been working with VR vids lately and this was a quick and easy solution for me.

Sync isn’t an issue on short videos, but can set everything off as time goes on longer vids.

The advantage of using this method means you can see all 59.94 or 60 fps and tweak the nuances a bit more, but that’s solely just my preference.

Creating a smaller bitrate reduces the single frame reproduction speed in OFS.
It’s relatively fast to re-render in DaVinci. It takes only a couple minutes to reduce an hour long+ 8K video to 1920 x 960, and since the OFS video window is relatively small, you still have plenty of detail to work with if you create a low bit-rate version.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.