OpenFunscripter - a scripting tool - 3.2.0 release

This is pretty slick, I like it!
Another useful for tool for scripts :sunglasses:

1 Like

I try to open the new version and it doesnā€™t open the application, I can only work in the previous versionā€¦ :confused:

Most likely, it searches 10 actions ahead/behind

Ill fix this soon :slight_smile:

EDIT: fixed the issue. it now does consider the first and last node a peak in case it cant find any further ones (yet it is still aware of bottom and top in this, and in case of a flat line might not select it at all)

Ill probably make a seperate thread for this plugin later, so its easier to find it back and link to it.

1 Like

And here is the plugin page :slight_smile: with some extra examples that i used for testing.

1 Like

I just upgraded and noticed that the Simplify and Range extender special functions are no longer there compared to 1.4.4.

I just to rely heavily on these for motion generated scripts, are they no more or do they work/look differently somehow?

They are still there and works for me.

View > Special functions

Ah so they just moved. Thanks!

Hello, I just start making script these days

I clicked Enable waveform and Update waveform, but the waveforms dosenā€™t show up.

Did I do something wrong?

You need to update the waveform to get them to show, just toggling it on isnt enough

OKā€¦ I donā€™t know why but itā€™s working now, thanks

It takes time. It took about 15 seconds to generate the waveform for an hour long video using a CPU with 16 cores/32 threads (it runs 100% on every core for awhile).

If you have a longer video and a CPU that is less powerful than mine then it will take some time. If you disabled and re-enabled waveform during that time because you saw no effect of your actions you probably aborted the waveform generation. So next time, just enable, update and wait and it should work without any issues.

@sentinel Hi, is JFS the only way to make ā€œclips with scriptsā€ from fully scripted scenes.

Thanks

Iā€™m unsure what you mean ā€œclips with scriptsā€. I also havenā€™t used JFS for a very long time so I donā€™t remember its capabilities. JFS isnā€™t actively being developed (for the public at least).

In OFS you can load a video with a script and then you can load additional scripts at the same time. You need to know the timestamps so you can copy the right section from the originally scripted videos you used.

I have a vague recollection that someone had another tool (or if it was just an idea) that could copy video and scripts segments given a bunch of scripted videos and relevant time intervals and encode a new video and assemble the script. But maybe Iā€™m imagining/wishing things :slight_smile:
[edit] When I think about it I probably confuse this with some video cutting solution other than using e.g. Shotcut. So this i probably just a wish from my side.

Ok, Thanks for the explanation butā€¦

Say I just wanted to make a clip from the cowgirl of a certain already scripted full sceneā€¦ and I wanted the script to go with the ā€œclipā€. JFS can do this. I was just wondering in OFS could or you knew of another way.

Thanks

Manual work to create a video/script segment from existing video script, but should not take more than a few minutes.

use ffmpeg to modify original video (you can find all these commands using google):

----------- cut a section from video using specific time length of cut
take the input video input.mp4, and cut out 10 minutes from it starting from 00:05:20 (5 minutes and 20 second mark), i.e. the output video will be from 00:05:20 to 00:15:20.

$ ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -ss 00:05:20 -t 00:10:00 -c:v copy -c:a copy output1.mp4

----------- cut a section from video from time1 to time2
$ ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -ss 00:05:10 -to 00:15:30 -c:v copy -c:a copy output2.mp4

----------- remove last 10 minutes of a video
$ ffmpeg -sseof -00:10:00 -i input.mp4 -c copy output6.mp4

----------- merge videos
ffmpeg -i ā€œconcat:input1.mp4|input2.mp4|input3.mp4|input4.mp4ā€ -c copy output10.mp4

For the funscript:

Just open the original video and script, find the start of the cowgirl, delete all the points to the left.
Find the end of the cowgirl, delete all the points to the right.
Select all remaining points and cut them, then paste them starting at time 0.
Write out this funscript to a new name (it now has cowgirl starting at time 0, which should match your new video).

Now open the cowgirl video (from ffmpeg work), add in this funscript, and if required tweak the alignment (will only require selecting all points and shifting them a bit).

1 Like

Apologies if this is formally mentioned somewhere, Iā€™m still trying to read through a lot of the tutorialsā€¦

But, Is there a way to connect the Handy directly to OFS for testing the script? I canā€™t seem to find information about this. Currently I am exporting the script as I update and testing it in the Handy browser app. Id love to know if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks!

Having an issue after updating where the ā€œSave Templateā€ for Metadata doesnā€™t do anything, metadata always comes up blank no matter what.

That bug has already been reported but no new release has been made after that so itā€™s currently a known issue.

1 Like

Iā€™m having an issue when playing a video - the audio waveform and the points unsync from each other. The waveform seems to jump ahead of the points. It corrects itself and they resync when I pause the video and use the arrow keys to jump to a point manually.

Have you tried to reencode the video to use only i-frames so it isnā€™t compressed? There is information available in the getting started with scripting topics in the help section on how to do that.