OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

Oh wow. I didn’t know that was in the cards. Just to clarify, like i said not really technically adept, when you say compile on github-actions, does that mean it would be usable for Mac?

From your previous comments, I was under the impression that you had little experience with Mac. Are you saying that this is something you personally would be able to yourself??

I have no experience with Mac.
Github provides virtual machines to test and compile code on and they also have macos images.
It’s a painfully slow process because the virtual machines have like one cpu core and I can’t interact with them directly they just run a script which I provide. :snail:

Getting it to compile on there only gets you half way, because I don’t know what to do with the result.
I doubt it is as easy as zipping the binary and handing that out. :roll_eyes:

Ouch that sounds difficult & painstakingly tedious!! :sweat: :

Good luck if you do decide to go through with it.

I managed to compile it first successful run. :pray:
But yeah no idea how to share this. :man_shrugging:
Atleast all my commits now get checked if they compile on macos.

1 Like

Well, you’ve got an output folder, right? What’s in there? (If there’s a place in there where it says what files the whole process spit out, it’s not obvious to me.)

It’s the same as for any other platform a binary/executable and a copy of the data directory the libmpv.dylib I copied manually.
I don’t expect this will run on anybodies system. :man_with_probing_cane:

Here are the contents.

Haters will say it’s fake :upside_down_face:
OFS
Now don’t get your hopes up. This is running in a VM and I’m going to give up here.
I had to disable every single “security” feature that MacOS has to offer and copy a 780 MB directory of libraries into a very specific directory ( of which only a minor fraction is actually used but I wasn’t going try to filter that by hand ).

2 Likes

@mrdoesnothingalot
I did a big refactor and changed “Tempo” mode into what I now call an “overlay” except it’s drawn behind the script positions :thinking:.
There’s the default “Frame” overlay, “None” and “Tempo”.
It’s below the scripting modes this means you can use the “Tempo” overlay with other scripting modes.
All settings now get saved in the script you’re editing.
overlay

@Hydra I also got all your changes.
I took the twist on the 3d simulator out for now. I’ll put it back later.
If you have multiple scripts loaded there’s now a “Mirror mode” check box in the “Mode” window which will cause adding/removing/undo/redo to get mirrored across all loaded scripts.
The next/previous actions bindings are ctrl+up/down and will activate the script with the closest action.
Now that I think about it I feel like that’s not desired so let me know if I should take that out again.
The latest beta build

New release this weekend :fire:

4 Likes

Never thought of that, that’s quite ingenious. It allows all of the other modes to be used as well.

Only thing is that loading charts takes way longer but I can live with that.

Sounds great @gagax123. I will have to test things to be sure I understand what you mean, but I am hoping the ctrl+up/down jumps to the closest action in any script, but keeps the current script I am editing selected rather than switching over to the other one. The idea is to be able to quickly jump to points where I want to add actions that are synced up to points in already completed scripts.

I removed that again.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/gagax1234/openfunscripter/builds/36638095/artifacts

@gagax123 A couple of tiny interaction design details:
In metadata editor, while editing Tags and Performers can you make Enter to behave like clicking on Add and then set input focus on the textbox again? This makes it possible to use the keyboard instead of moving back and forth between mouse and keyboard when adding multiple tags and performers. It should be simple to fix, but it all depends on what this UI framework you use provides when it comes to events on UI controls.

done. it was a trivial addition.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve downloaded the latest build and will test it later.

@gagax123 Update: It works like a charm. Great stuff is all in the details!

@gagax123 I’m just venting some ideas here. I’m not sure if it will to any good so if you decide to try it out then make it a setting to turn on/off.

My initial request for a grid overlay (or whatever I called it quite some time ago) ended up in the 10% marks on the simulator and at least I think that is a great help. However, the guy often tend to shift position during e.g. a reverse cowgirl, like in the pictures below, and the endpoints shift and become unaligned. Is it possible to add 2-3 additional 10% marks below and above the simulator in some way that is not really part of the 0-100%? They should just be there as a guide to see how much the scene has shifted. This is even more helpful in scenes where both the guy and girl is moving from and against each other and there is not fix point for the simulator endpoints.

Left: sim aligned - Right: sim has become unaligned at the bottom later in the scene
sim-aligned sim-unaligned

Like this?
extra_lines

That is more or less exactly what I had envisioned in my head :slight_smile:

The marks outside the simulator might need to be adjusted to that they are visible. I guess that with my settings for the simulator (see images in my last post) they risk to disappear in the clutter of the video. I might be able to solve it with other color settings. I think I use 1.5 for line thickness right now.

I think it’s weird but if you think it’s useful :sweat_smile:
Right now they use the same color as the border, you can change that color to make them more visible or I could add another color to configure these lines separately.
Maybe also a separate width value for these outer lines?

I havn’t commited any of this yet.

I don’t know if it will be of any use to be honest, but there is no way to know without trying. I just realized that I was moving the simulator up and down to get a better estimate of which percentage to use when the guy moves at the same time as the girl. With some additional markers I should be able to do a better estimation on the fly. Since I mostly script frame by frame I try to be true to the strokes in the video instead of just copy paste the same min max for everything. It is not an exact science though.

@gagax123 @poet145x @remc_ren could this help getting OFS on Mac? I guess an Apple dev cert should be useful to avoid some installation warnings. I don’t know MacOS so I’m just speculating a bit.
GitHub - KosalaHerath/macos-installer-builder: Generate macOS installers for your applications and products from one command

Hey @gagax123 When using the 3D simulator. If you load script into for example the pitch. Is there a way to undo remove the scripts in the other options, such pitch and position. I’d like to see the 3D simulator move in just one axis.

I’m not working on a multi-axis script, but i think the 3D simulator would be helpful to script movements where the girl is grinding back and forth