OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

Is this the best tool to adjust alignment of a script to a video that has “extra” intro over the one that was used as the source? Is there any tutorials on how to learn the basis of OpenFunScripter?

No not that I’m aware of. In general I think it’s rather hard to make a Lua extension which is generally usefull to everyone. But they are really powerful the possiblities are endless.

Well that was never the idea because then I would also have to maintain that script.
These scripts are supposed to be for functionality which doesn’t fit in the C++ codebase because they are too niche. The jitter script & the easing script are perfect examples for such functionality and also serve as examples to get someone started.
Do let me know if you have ideas on how the Lua scripting api could be extended.

@g90ak I don’t know about the best tool but yes that’s something you can do.
By default you’d go ctrl+a to select everything and then shift+left / shift+right to offset everything till it lines up.

1 Like

@gagax123 - thanks! I have a few minutes to offset, is there a quicker way than holding down “left” forever? :slight_smile:

Select all, cut, reposition insertion point, paste?

Yeah, sorry about that, PM would have been a good idea. I considered making it a PR but I didn’t particularly want this associated with my github account for obvious reasons and making a smurf seemed like too much effort for this small a change.

Yes, there is.

Awesome, thanks for implementing this. Really appreciate all the hard work you put into this for us!!

Is it possible to get an option to save the default stroke speed for dynamic injection? I like setting it to 350 instead of the default 300 but whenever I switch to default scripting mode it goes back to 300 every time. Just a minor inconvenience I know, but just a little change that could help speed up workflow.

Handy has a max speed of 400 but since it also depends on the stroke distance of your device, speed alone will not be enough. Maybe a global setting?

The Handy officaly supports 110mm but the Handy team just revealed that it’s not using the full range :roll_eyes:
The stroking range of the new beta firmware is increased to 100mm so we have to expect that the current firmware is even less capable. Sadly this is true. It’s only 95mm when using a ruler at slow speeds.
13,6% less than advertised :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There was always the idea of adding device profiles where you could configure that sort of thing.
The thing is there’s barely any places where that sort of thing matters. I can only think of the statistics window and the dynamic injection & I guess the heatmap generation could also be device specific.
Right now everything in OFS is just in generic “units” I kinda want to keep it that way.

I assume that’s 400 mm/s.
300 units/s for a device with a range of 95mm would be: (95 mm*(1/100)) * 300 units/s = 285 mm/s
So the maximum speed for the handy in “units” would be: 400 mm/s / (95*(1/100)) = 421 units/s
At a range of 100mm 300 units/s == 300 mm/s

@Deej I’ll try to make it so that those settings persist as long as OFS is running. Really bad on my part should’ve forseen people are switching modes often.
Saving it in the configuration is also an option I guess…

2 Likes

Yes.

I have made a global setting in HandyControl where you can set the device limits. Those values are used by any calculation that needs them. Currently it’s set to the advertised values but you could also use other values if you create scripts for other toys or if the firmware or hardware changes one day.

Hi gagax123, I have an I dea, and no clue if it is possible, I created an Issue on Github,
It’s basically the Idea of manipulating the Points with the Indication-Slider of the T-Code window,
would be mouch easyer to script Roll and Pitch that way with the 3D Simulator on.

I messed up once, so if You have 2 Issues it’s just because I am an Idiot! :wink:

the multi axis edition

3 Likes

Great! So cool You added the Sliders! Thank You again! :wink:

OFS is really slow with h265 or it’s juste me ? On frame by frame it need 2 second to display the frame and it’s instant in h264 any suggestion ?

That is due to video compression. Read the last section of the getting started with scripting guide regarding how to re-encode the video into so called I-frames, i.e. into a video without compression.

You can use FunExpander to simplify the process by getting a user interface to ffmpeg described in the guide above:

@gagax123 Hey bud, not sure what happened. I recently tried to open OFS but recevied the following error:

Screenshot 2021-03-20 005041

I get the same error when using an older version of OFS. Any idea on what may be causing this?

Delete config.json and restart OFS and it should work. You will need to re-configure OFS, but it should start again.

You can always make a copy of the file and then edit the original. It could be invalid characters in the recent files paths stored in the file that are the culprits. Also, if you made a copy and delete the original you can compare restart OFS and close it again and compare the new settings with the old and see if there are something strange in the old one. Opening a ticket in the project @ github with your config file attached could also be an option so that gagax123 can debug it.

Hey @sentinel @gagax123

I tried deleting the config.json but it reset everything like none of the windows are in the correct position. Is there a way to reset them to their correct positions?

I don’t know, if there is a way to reset the position of the windows.
But you can just drag them and let them snap, to where you want them to be.