OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

No that was poorly worded. Did someone suggest implementing this change or were you just messing around. I personally like the way it is now the single bar going up/down rather than the window being filled, especially when editing scripts.

If you could keep an option for the old version, I’d be happy with that.

Or I could just go back to an older version when editing, so that could work for me.

@poet145x Yes the feature was requested. I’ve already put in a checkbox to disable the indicators.
I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean with “rather than the window being filled”.
I feel like there’s a misunderstanding but I guess I could keep the old simulator. :thinking:

Edit2
Had to get this out ASAP so here’s another one

2 Likes

Happens to me all the time :joy:

Hey bud,

Quick question, Can you clarify by what you mean “smooth scrolling script timeline”? on the newest update.

Quick question, Can you clarify by what you mean “smooth scrolling script timeline”? on the newest update.

gagax123 had a link earlier to a video explaining what it is. I recovered it from the edit history of the post with the 1.0.4a release: video showing smooth scrolling

1 Like

@sentinel Thanks for posting the video again.

It’s supposed to be just a visual improvement, easier to look at.
Basically before I implemented this the scrolling was directly tied to the fps of the video which can be single digit if the playback speed is low.

There’s a minor issue with “smooth scrolling” which is while playing you’re able to place actions in between frames I prefer all actions would always place at the exact timestamp of the current frame displayed.
When paused it snaps to the timestamp of the current frame.

I had a longer scripting session today. And I love the new simulator. It helps so much, when going through the whole video, after you are done.

Overall I had no issues so far and I really like the OFS! It becomes better with every version. Thanks a lot for this great tool.

1 Like

Which of these should I delve into next?

• Scripting with analog inputs (joystick & controllers)
  • Device profiles ( not sure what this would mean yet tbh )
  • Full controller support ( this doesn’t include analog scripting )

0 voters

@gagax123 I’ve started scripting a new video entirely in OFS and found a few things that would be convenient to have.

• Is it possible to increase how far you can zoom out in VR-mode. The current zoom out limit is a bit limited in some scenes, typically in those where you need to see the whole body to be able to script properly due to restricted view in the more intimate parts. This has actually been an issue for me, not just an inconvenience.
  • It would be nice if OFS could remember the files I was working on the last session so I don’t need to reopen them when starting. I mostly work on one project at a time, sometimes two. A recent files feature could also be an option since that would cover working on more than one project at a time without the need for browsing folders to find the video file. Or a combination of them both.
  • Make OFS remember where I was the last time I closed OFS. This is especially important when going through a “completed” script with the simulator before a release. It is quite easy to use the heat map to find the last scripted part when the scripting is incomplete. However, if you don’t do the script in order you might need to search for where you ended the last scripting session.
3 Likes

I’m aware of that one. I haven’t figured out yet how to do it and I have already sunk a couple hours into it.
Right now it’s implemented like this but I honestly have no idea what’s going on :exploding_head:
I’ll experiment some more.

Those two shouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Where is the camera distance in all this? Isn’t scaling more or less a change of camera distance to the plane where the image/video is projected?

@sentinel
Can you name the video you had trouble with?

Edit
I just randomly found the correct place where to apply the zoom :raised_hands:

vec3 camDir = normalize(vec3(uv.xy * vec2(tan(0.5 * hfovDegrees * DEG2RAD), tan(0.5 * vfovDegrees * DEG2RAD)), 1.0));

It was the 1.0 in the end … :man_facepalming:
I swear I spent hours applying random multiplications everywhere but there.

WankzVR - Uma Jolie - Boober Eats
Between 29-33min you rarely see what’s happening down there and you need to use Uma:s whole body to get a feeling for when the guy thrusts and retracts.

Max zoom out JFS.

Max zoom out OFS.

@sentinel I had deliberately limited the zoom because if you zoomed out too much it would distort the video in undesired ways.
I’ll post a video or a screenshot with the new zoom once I’ve downloaded the video :eyes:

1 Like

Mouse input specifically would be a feature I would welcome. Both analog input similar to zJoyfunScripter and being able to click or ctrl-click to add a point directly onto the script.

Bonus idea: If I could “rough-in” a video using an analog method and then view that as a trace overlay and build the script by adding explicit points via clicking I think that might be a great way to get to near “frame-by-frame” quality with some of the speed benefits of on-the-fly. Or I could be completely wrong…

@sentinel Looks pretty much the same as JFS now. :relieved:
fixed

1 Like

@gagax123 It looks fantastic! Can’t wait for your next release. With this fix I can probably try scripting an entire VR-video :slight_smile:

Can you actually completely separate analog inputs from support for other controller functions like that? I was under the impression that the workflow for that method involved using the controller for other things as well. (But I could be wrong because I -don’t- script like that.)