OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

@gagax123, super software, thank you.

So, new to the funscript community gotta say the OFS is a great piece of software, I have really enjoyed scripting my first video which I hope to share soon. However, I have exported my script and loaded it into https://funscript-player.vercel.app/ so that I can test that it is working but I am not getting any movement on my Keon. I am sure there is something I have done wrong but just can get it to work. I have tried with one of the free scripts on here and it was fine so I know it is not the connection to the device. looked at the files (both mine and downloaded) and they appear to be in a similar format, so not sure what is going on.

I have managed to crack it myself. I wasnā€™t using the quick export option which seems to have solved the issue. I should have known the quick would work :joy:

That doesnā€™t make any sense to me and I refuse to believe this was in any way related to OFS.
All export options are functionally the same. Something else mustā€™ve changed.

I am not sure either but it is working now so Iā€™ll take it :slight_smile: I do not believe I changed anything as I was trying to ask, this was my first script so sure it was probably user error.

I sometimes get crashes when scrubbing through the heatmap bar at the bottom. When this happens the little preview shows a black background and garbled white text (see below)

Screenshot 2022-05-12 130721

I use an Intel NUC8i5BEK, with 24GB RAM. Iā€™ve had this in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, on both the AVX and non-AVX versions. Are there any crash logs or useful files for you? Iā€™m normally a mac user so I donā€™t know where to look on Windows.

Itā€™s only when Iā€™m click+dragging in that preview bar. If I hover I can see the corrupt frames, but as long as I donā€™t click on them, it doesnā€™t crash. I transcode all videos to 1080p using Handbrake and the Production 1080p preset.

The garbled white text is actually the font atlas texture but that doesnā€™t really mean anything just tells me that something went horribly wrong. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
It could be a crash in mpv.
You could check if thereā€™s something in the log at %appdata%/OFS/OFS_data/OFS.log.

Iā€™m going to try to reproduce this by also transcoding with the same settings in handbrake.
Maybe it will reproduce but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s something i could fix on my end.

Edit: Well it doesnā€™t reproduce.
@HailSatin Iā€™m curious could you download this.
And extract the mpv-2.dll next to the OpenFunscripter.exe and rename it to mpv-1.dll and try again?
Wondering if updating mpv does anything.

Sure! Iā€™ve tried that dev release of mpv, but I can still reproduce.

I tried something else last night, and used funscript expander to convert the file from original, rather than handbrake, and this didnā€™t exhibit the issue, so I wonder if it is something related to Handbrake (on a mac with M1, so that doesnā€™t help). The log doesnā€™t report any crashes.

For now Iā€™ll keep using funscript expander to convert and see if it happens again.

Thatā€™s too bad Iā€™ve been looking for a reason to update the mpv-1.dll but havenā€™t found a reason yetā€¦

I assumed it was something with the video.
But I also expected not being able to reproduce this on my end because software like mpv is so complicated and behaves different depending on the hardware that you have.

Another thing you can do is make sure your graphics driver is up to date.
Which in youre case should be here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/140931/graphics/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors/intel-iris-plus-graphics-655.html#drivers-software if you scroll down thereā€™s a download. Itā€™s not even that far fetched given that thereā€™s a graphical glitch. :thinking:

Thanks gagax123 for this lovely software. One thing I missed is a way to selct a section and then save this for future use. I am primary use the OFS for creating estim files. And it could be nice when finding a section that is working perfect for ex. edging and then save this to a named section just like Bookmarks. And then reuse this in other script. Rigt now I have to open one and se haw it was made and then manual set this again.
Hope you understand what I am missing.
Or perhaps this is done in another way that I have not found out.

@Puste Just an idea of a workaround.
You could use Project > Addā€¦ > Add Newā€¦ to create a new script in parallel in your project. Copy the section you want to save then paste the copied section into the new script. Using multiple scripts in one project is usually for multi-axis, but you could use it to store a favorite section for later use. Each axis can be exported as individual funscript files and you can save those and create a library for later use. When you are working on another project later you can use Project > Addā€¦ Add Existingā€¦ and then copy/paste the section to your main script.

Check out Part 3 at 09:03 - Multi-axis scripting for a tutorial

This would be a solution.
@Puste You would create one (or multiple scripts) were you store all your patterns and reuse them like @sentinel described.
I can imagine an actual implementation of this with separate gui and everything but I donā€™t think itā€™s the best use of my time.

I was wondering the same. Iā€™ve just started looking at sway and surge for SR6, but it feels a bit dead while scripting without the 3D simulator showing it on screen.

Yes I will try what @sentinel has explained. Thanks for feedback.

Hey,
I made a bunche of tool :yum:
My tools

• Add actions
  • Beyond time line
  • Function
  • Mirror
  • Scale - by Min Max
  • Scale - Step by Step
  • Scale - by Function
  • Selection tool
  • Slope
  • Toggle Position
  • Pattern
1 Like

Can someone maybe answer if this is possible. I am scripting a CH style video using dynamic injection mode, which limits the range to match speed, so all the sections with a faster beat only go halfway but I now realize I actually just want the up-stroke to be at 100 for all those sections. (I was using that mode because it seemed to be the easiest way to get the program to do a full up/down stroke with one key-press) Do I have to go in a manually shift each point? or is there a way I can tell the program to move all tops to 100? Iā€™m new to the program so I dont really know what Iā€™m doing haha. Also could use some tips on how to use alternating to do a full stroke with one key-press. I skimmed the instruction videos, and perused the PDF, but I didnā€™t see how to set that up there.

EDIT: I figured out how to modify it. Still donā€™t get how to use alternating properly.

Alternating will always just insert one point.
Thereā€™s no proper usage :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Itā€™s either useful to you or it isnā€™t.

I need help installing the latest 1.4.4 on Intel processor system running Win 10.
Previously I have had 1.2 running since it came out. And other versions before that.
I downloaded the AVX installer ending .exe and ran it. It appeared to install.
I did not get a desktop shortcut to I navigated to the location of OFS1.4.4 and ran it.
Pretty quickly my screen turned white and after 5 sec or so it ended and my regular screen came back.
I cannot get past this.
Any guidance would be helpful.

@hosenguy Have tried not taking the AVX installer?

I did an uninstall of the AVX and installed the non-AVX. same results.
I am going to try a couple other details today to see if it may be outside issue.
Weird the way it is failing in my opinion,