OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

The JSON library works, thank you! Guess loading only doesn’t work for anything that has C/binary components.

Is it possible that the version of LuaSocket you previously had was outdated? It seems to have come from “Love”, some game engine? The current version’s documentation on how to use HTTP seems fairly straight-forward. Supposedly it can do HTTPS as well if LuaSec (which, in turn, needs OpenSSL) is also installed.

Same with me. White screen then closes and nothing happens.
Already tried v1.4.3, v1.4.2, and v1.3.0_beta
The AVX version doesn’t even produce a white screen–nothing happens.
:pensive:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I lost a script project file in OFS that I was working on. I have a .funscript file, but the .ofsp file is gone. Is there anyway to convert the .funscript file into a .ofsp file?

Use the import video/script option in the file menu.

Also there is a backup folder you can access from OFS. If I remember correctly its under File menu.

Chiming in here with the same white screen issue.
Program opens and immediately crashes. No error message or anything.
Tryed everthing aswell, different versions of OFC, different versions of C++, MPV installed, lav filters and everything.
No luck.
Wierd thing is the program worked on this exact machine just a few days ago.

So what has happened since? Software don’t stop working for no reason.
Any OS updates installed (Windows, Linux)?
Any graphics drivers updated (which brand)?
Any other drivers or software updated?
You could also try to delete the OFS folder in the appdata folder if you are running on Windows (type %appdata% in Windows Explorer to get there). All settings will be lost, but it might remove some setting that messes things up.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Turns out my laptop has 2 nvidia graphics cards in some sort of SLI configuration and it switched to the energy saving one wich seems to struggle with mpv.

So my problem was an outdated graphics card, i’d still love to know what would be the reason for your software not to run on that.
It seems pretty light afterall.

Also it seems the issue wasn’t just limited to me in the past.

Personally I have no idea since I’m not the developer of OFS :slight_smile:

I know that MPV has had its issues as soon as there isn’t a standard nVidia/AMD GPU-setup. The dev has very little control when MPV start causing issues unfortunately. The reason for using MPV is, at least partly, to have a platform independent component that runs on other OS than Windows.

@Whackiejacky I’m guessing you have on top of the SLI configuration also an Intel iGPU?
@xxgetsome999xx do you also have two different GPUs (Intel/Nvidia, Intel/Amd, Nvidia/Amd)?

Conjecture: Maybe OFS is launching with the iGPU and mpv sees the discrete GPU and wants to use that instead. But since they share the same OpenGL context it crashes.

It looks like NVIDIA & AMD both provide symbols I can define which the driver will look for. So it will always pick the discrete GPU when available.
This seems like all I can do though otherwise you’ll have to go into your drivers settings and force a specific GPU for OFS.exe.
I only have one GPU it’s impossible to pick the wrong one :neutral_face:
nvidia

Maybe add stuff like this in a FAQ section in the first post since all this with MPV and OpenGL seems to be a recurring issue? Trying AVX and non-AVX version is another thing. Deleting the appdata-folder to resolve issues is probably also worth mentioning. There are probably other things as well.

@Whackiejacky
@xxgetsome999xx
Can you try this version? Without tampering in the driver.

If that works I’ll create a new release.

@gagax123
Sorry, i did a lot of tampering but am now on the same drivers as before so i think it doesnt mater.
This version does not run aswell.
Is this version AVX enabled? It crashes like the AVX version for me.
No window opens, it just shows up in detailed view in task manager for a second.

My laptop uses 2 dGPU’s and does not have a iGPU.
There is a nice graphic wich explains it in this article: CES 2008: NVIDIA Hybrid SLI
my shit uses a: core 2 duo t9900 + gforce 9100m g + gforce 9600m gs

I basically have to use some really outdated drivers to get functionality out of the bigger GPU.
I can install newer drivers(witch makes OFS run), these dont support hybrid sli tho, so they dont create the bridge to the bigger GPU and im stuck with the low power one. (driver version 341.74 worked for that)
That is atrociously slow, so i have to use the last drivers wich support hybrid sli.
Dumb system, and they didnt make new drivers for it since 2009. So im stuck on 186.91, thats Vista age i think.

So i have to do scripting on my gaming rig from now on i guess. Well, time to buy a new Laptop.

oof yes.
I didn’t realize that my default build script on github was using AVX.
I’ll upload a non AVX version.

Edit: If you’re really using such an old driver version I fear that my change won’t have an effect.
Because it says here that this NvOptimusEnablement variable was added in release 302 (presumably the driver version).
In general this switch doesn’t seem to apply to your situation.
So I think you’re going to have go into the driver settings and create a custom application profile.

Here’s the non AVX version. All I did was add this OFS_GPU.cpp but if your driver is too old that it won’t even look at these variables it won’t matter.

Yeah no, same thing.
Only fix would be newer drivers from nvidia wich support HybridSLI.
Wich don’t exist,
or using newer drivers and loosing that Hybrid functionality.
Time for a new laptop :wink:

Thank you for trying tho.

Hey there! First of all, thanks a lot for this awesome piece of software. I’ve been using it for my scripts since day one, and once you learn the proper hotkeys it’s incredible efficient to use!

There was one slight issue I had, especially when going through a video frame-by-frame, was that the simulator graph always updates instantly while the video codec often takes up to a second to serve the correct frame in an MP4 file, so when using the cursor keys, the simulator is almost always ahead of time.

I sent you a pull request which adds a configurable “Lock FPS” feature to the simulator which, when enabled, will always display the simulation graph for the last rendered frame only. This makes the simulator animate less smoothly, because its own FPS is now tied to the video’s FPS, but makes working frame-by-frame quite a bit more intuitive (at least for me :slight_smile: )

Feel free to have a look at it, and let me know if you like it :slight_smile:

Do you convert your video to i-frames before you start scripting? That removes any lag you might experience. There are several threads about it and also instructions in the getting started guides here. Some of the tools have support for doing it and you can use ffmpeg from the command line as well.

Tried it. No dice. Still gives a white screen with Windows showing a popup “OpenFunscripter.exe has stopped working…”
I too am long overdue for a computer upgrade. The laptop I’m using (circa 2010) just has 1 GPU (Intel integrated) and the driver appears to be 2012. Oh well. Thanks for responding and trying to help!

OMFG Thank you so much! I had the same issue and couldn’t solve it until I deleted the appdata folder. I can go back to scripting now :slight_smile:

1 Like