OSR2+ g90ak Edition - Extremely Limited Availability - $160 + Shipping - Dropping Monthly Starting in 2024

Yes it will fit. Though the Twist is its own receiver. You’d have to print that (and its inner mechanisms) out, assemble it and replace the receiver g90ak prints you.

1 Like

So i guess its waiting time for the next drop? :smiley: You make a new thread for the april drop if its time i guess?

Yep, there will be drops on the 1st of each month. There are also mid-month drops if I’m able to have free time to build additional units.

I have some changes/upgrades coming for new circuit boards, process changes for build, and servo changes.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on vacation during the 1st part of April so there will not be a drop as usual on the 1st. The good news is that there will be a mid-April drop with FOUR units instead of two. Two of them will come with upgraded servos, and two will come with the base/standard servos.

Thank you to all who have shown interest. I will be available to answer questions and provide any info - just not able to ship while on vacation.

3 Likes

What is the price for the upgraded servo model?

good question! Depends on how much they are selling for when I purchase. It’ll likely be $245 for the g90ak Edition OSR2+ with upgraded servos.

In case you haven’t seen it, I’m running a servo comparison here:

I’ll announce which servos are which #'s in the test in a day. Right now, I CAN confirm that the servos that I’m using for upgrades is included in the blind comparison.

1 Like

The test is amazing and obvious (posted already there)

if its possible to get the better servos that are not that loud i would be thrilled. Hopefully i can get one of those in the next drop… the effort you put into the work is awesome. But, i think that the power of the servos are much more important? If they cant handle the fleshlights for example or are making movements that the whole table starts to shake its a bigger problem than some sounds :smiley:

i saw videos with the osr where the table attached to it was rattled like during an earthquake… and it was a normal big table not some small couch-thing.

It is important, but to most users - not “much more” over sound. Typically the #1 complaint about the OSR and SR6 is the sound, not the power.

Even the cheap China servos can handle fleshlights without issue. As far as table shaking… that’s a mount or table issue. Additionally, the servo’s ability to shake a table is direct correlation with the strength… so isn’t shaking a table a good thing if power is what you consider as “much more important”?

Regardless, I have no plans to test the “power” of servos as I really don’t have a way to truly measure the torque of them… plus I don’t have a desire to burn any of these out doing a hardcore stress test like that, some of them are $$$ :slight_smile:

Huh, didnt know that its that “easy” for the servos to handle the fleshlight… cause the handy cant handle it well. So i guess the cheap china servos are more powerful than the handy… on second thaught, not much of a surprise, i cant understand the “praise” going on here about the handy at all, iam very dissapointed in it overall. There are so many flaws about it, if i would start i couldnt stop…

So yeah if its so easy for the servos used in the OSR to handle the fleshlights, my statement is kinda dumb. But well, i dont know shit about those servos and so on :smiley:

In my little brain it goes like this: “quiet servos have no power, the launch is already kinda loud and cant move the fleshlight that well and the handy is a little quieter and cant handle the fleshlight at all, so i need powerful servos to handle that thing, which means they are loud i guess”

Good thing you are building that thing not me :wink:

It is flawed, but it is SUPER attractive in terms of ease of use and easy setup. OSR2+ is a bit more challenging to setup and tune, but I’ve tried to write a very in-depth guide to help with that. I think the Handy is a great toy for first time users that aren’t very tech savvy - great stepping stone to more advanced toys. I think that the main flaw is lack of sturdy hands free mounting. Making a jump to hands free REALLY ups the immersion factor. That all being said - I’ve tried to go back to the Handy (for science) after using the OSR2+, and there is no comparison at all. The Handy feels so 1 dimensional and boring. The OSR2+ has so much more “spice” in its capabilities, there really is no comparison from a sensation/experience standpoint.

Not necessarily a bad line of thought :slight_smile: I think that most servo manufs never gave sound a thought at all. Their main use cases in RC models have very little requirements for quiet operation. It’s nice to see some manufs taking the time to make more quiet models and we’re seeing some great results.

Hi, i been looking to buy a good machine for a very long time now, and i definitely feel yours looks like the best option i seen! also they look super pretty i love them!!

I really want as quite version as possible, i guess that means Flash Hobby M45CHW servers?

Will try to buy one as soon as possible, April drop if i’m that lucky :sweat_smile: i have no idea how fast they go after you post them or what servos you put in them. :smile:

(I have a collection of fleshlight girls already and i also have the universal launch. But i want to sync to videos and that one can’t do that. also i want hands free, so i think this will be perfect.)

Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, the Flash Hobby M45CHW are my recommended ones right now for smoothness, price, and noise. But please keep in mind that I haven’t tested a large amount of servos. There are hundreds of them on the market - I’ve tested only a couple dozen, so if you research finds better ones, I’m happy to install them.

Drops have been going very fast. I typically sell drop units within 1 hour of posting them. I’ve been super fortunate that people have had interest and excitement over them. My next drop will be on 4/15. I’ll release 2 units with the stock China servos, and 2 with the Flash Hobby servos.

1 Like

I really want to buy one :slight_smile:

DROP INCOMING TONIGHT (4/15) AT MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME (9 PACIFIC)!

1 Like

I really anna have one:) ith upgraded servos

Ohh seems this is not the place to responde -.-

i finally have the capital to get one pre built, how does one get one after seeing the drop notification?

I create a separate drop thread at the designated date/time. First come first serve via responses to that post. Next one will likely be 5/1, but will confirm closer in.

3 Likes

Following to try to catch a drop

DROP 5.0 is locked and loaded for 12:00am Eastern Time on 5/1.

There will be 2 standard models and 2 quiet models for sale. Colorways are as always… TOP SECRET.

Thank you to all my current and future customers!

200w

3 Likes

Im down! What do i need to do