OSR2 - How to have a solid VESA MOUNT + CLAMP mount to put on my desk

Hello,
Can Someone give me their settings (tilt, filling, etc) to 3D print a strong VESA MOUNT + CLAMP for my OSR2 because mine just broke after many repairs

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

EL BATMAN

4 perimeter walls

at least 35% but preferably 50% infill

make sure to achieve good layer adhesion with slightly higher temps for your material and slower printing speed

do not print with layers aligned with how the stress will be put on the part.

good luck

2 Likes

I also recommend checking out the hardware exchange on Tempests discord.

There are a different mounts there that might be useful to you.

1 Like

If you are happy to spend a little cash on a clamp, buy a Stanley Hobby Vice, and print one of these VESA block things to clamp it to. This has been my setup since building my OSR2+ and it’s been rock solid. Allows for a little bit of adjustment too (mostly height).

1 Like

Do you need to bolt the vice down somehow?

Both ends of the vice are vices, one end is clamped to my OSR and the other is clamped to my desk. Once done I just unclamp it from the desk and put in the box I store it in.

1 Like

Take the “Metal Plate” pill and it’ll never break or overheat on you again

2 Likes

What are the metal clips on the sides called and where can I buy them?

I found it myself… But expensive, even on Ali

To be honest those clips are a weak spot. They don’t have enough depth for the edge of the desk. Better off getting (2) of the clips I have in the center instead

https://www.amazon.com/WALI-C-Clamp-Mounting-Workstation-C-CLAMP/dp/B07BHXXR4D/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3IBF4MMDW5FBZ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.-LKftB4M1W73iAQwq_Ui2T-97tKE7g4JTqYRnBTf9Y9UvToXpNXgiK8o0_N6lU6b8dUCf5nGB2QDolNEbgKWWg_bY5RgIyKzQZBxup_guibdF0f51rNfV7Adm6ckbD4j0Q2EnqcEQcx0iLNUeG_E42elTEgVKiB76-LviWHWoWpq7Vsnk8eYeEMGZ6JvpryPwZltLuYCfkYUEAbQfudLDQiIBTOutt-_wfKqk5M1Ee8PpSwL8d9u7d7l4UMJiNjt7J5K1CKlaFopo5kSkQvbHJruolRMsjLC-Wr8KwrWVvw.enfLJQRbHWBCjZ80rjN9YOLIAlXh8GixuTmireMgKFM&dib_tag=se&keywords=desk+clamp&qid=1709842479&sprefix=desk+clamp%2Caps%2C127&sr=8-8

Have you ever thought about making the fastener movable to compensate for the downward blow and some manual control of the process, correction of movements?
This is nice, but I haven’t yet come up with a fastener that suits me.

My manual adjustments come from a few things

#1 Configure the Top/Bottom of stroke in MFP
#2 Chair position
#3 Desk position (I have a motorized standing desk)
#4 Before I attached the clamp I made sure it reached everything it needs to

For tests and experiments, I initially planned to assemble the robot also on a plate.
But I bought a 3D printer and printed it on it.
Although I didn’t like more than one existing building.

Please provide a link to the servo mount. I didn’t find anything similar on Ali.