OSR2+ inverted axis need help

Hi, I just get my osr2+ but the up down axis seems to be inverted. 0 on script is up position and 100 is down position. Roll and pitch are good. Someone can help me ? I saw on @M0SAIC website that " Servo Motion Inverted - OSR2: Check that SR6 mode not enabled in web panel settings. Switch(literally swap) the digital servo leads. Normally white or orange. (The wires themselves remove from the connectors they are in by lifting a small plastic tab." not really understand this and not sure it will help

1 Like

Open the Arduino file and swap the servo pins for L and R servo (3 and 8). Mine were also inverted and I had to swap the pins in the sketch file. This is what mine looks like after being swapped:

// ----------------------------
// User Settings
// ----------------------------
// These are the setup parameters for an OSR2 on a Romeo BLE mini v2

// Device IDs, for external reference
#define FIRMWARE_ID “OSR2-Release_3.1.ino” // Device and firmware version
#define TCODE_VER “TCode v0.3” // Current version of TCode

// Pin assignments
// T-wist feedback goes on digital pin 2
#define LeftServo_PIN 8 // Left Servo (change to 7 for Romeo v1.1)
#define RightServo_PIN 3 // Right Servo (change to 4 for Romeo v1.1)
#define PitchServo_PIN 9 // Pitch Servo (change to 8 for Romeo v1.1)
#define TwistServo_PIN 10 // Twist Servo
#define ValveServo_PIN 12 // Valve Servo
#define Vibe0_PIN 5 // Vibration motor 1
#define Vibe1_PIN 6 // Vibration motor 2

1 Like

So you download something to do this ?
I already have done some arduino projects few years ago but don’t want to do something bad here :laughing:.

1 Like

I have to download the arduino editor and the code will show up ? Because I guess the code inside is compiled so I can’t modify it

1 Like

I built my own so I’m not sure what was sent to you by @M0SAIC. He’s great, just send him a DM and he can help get everything figured out.

Actually the osr is doing strange stuff like not moving except small weird movement not sync with the video. Could it come from alimentation ? It’s 6V 5A it should be good no ?

You could bring the script into OSF and invert the points on the script aswell. If your not adept at removing terminals from the connectors, i dont recommend it.
Please take no offense from that, none is meant. Its just that I am a mechanic and fix peoples screw ups weekly when they decide to be smart and fix the terminal vs replace the connector.

The OSR2 is 5 OR 6v at 3 amps, the voltage is based on your servos installed but the amperage may be the problem.
My OSR2 chip died one day and now it jitters randomly in all directions and independently of eachother, but that is neither here nor there.

@M0SAIC on is site talk about 5A powersupply that strange. So you tell me that the 5A can provoc the problem ? Switch to a 3A could solve the problem ?

No, sorry for any confusion. Having a universal PSU that can handle higher amps will not cause a problem.

Amps on a circuit only increase as the total voltage used rises

so basically 6 servos that consume .25 amps at 6v would have ~ amperage(current) of 1.50. This is just an example.

No, 5A is the maximum your powersupply can deliver. OSR takes as much amps as it needs. 5A is better then 3A.

1 Like

You are correct. @HeelsLover69

1 Like

The same thing happened with mine too, you literally just have to swap the servo leads on the header, you can trace them by following the wire that comes from the servo and goes to the pins, once you see where they both go take a note on which pin they’re on and literally swap the wires, I haven’t tried any audrino software edits but that could do it too. (I might just be insane lmao)

I run my servo’s at 6v and they do just fine too.

Maybe adding a few photos should fix this? People don’t need to be worried about swapping terminals if the info they need is right in front of them. (Sorry guys, I’d make a crude diagram if I was home)

This was not my work except the black text added for SR6 users

1 Like

Well fo what I see it seems to match

It also depends on the servos. With the same signal, some servos rotate clockwise, while others rotate counterclockwise.