Realsync payment

Yeah, anything new needs to be verified Im guessing is why the wait, or depending on your card type, and depending on the coin exchange platform.
I didnt have to wait for my first time adding funds, at least on coinbase (Im in Canada too) - maybe length of waiting depends on regulations on where you are from?
Any transactions after the first time were just minutes to hours tops, but again I wish the first time setup was better but thats all we have for now :frowning:

We very much appreciate it :slight_smile:

RealSync would not be possible without you guys.

1 Like

what kind of payment service Clips4sale or Iwantclips use? i Guess They could work for realsync too. Am i wrong?

I think those guys have some sort of custom solutions. I’ve checked up the payment processing company names and the one doesn’t even have a website and the other is just an FAQ. I mean go and look up IWC International or IWC international payment processing. You get stuff about whaling.

I was about to buy some scripts using bitcoin but was asked for a transaction fee over 20$ which is ridiculous considering the low amount I was trying to send.
I’m new to bitcoin and I’m searching for a way to avoid such high fee. Is it safe to lower the fee and wait longer? What happens if the transaction ends up taking longer that the one hour timer from OpenNode?
Or would using Lightning be a better option (My current wallet does not seem to support it)?

Thats much too high a transaction fee, and should be avoidable

Which wallet/exchange are you using? (Coinbase pro and Bluewallet are recommended for lowest fees - Bluewallet is free app that lets you choose your own slower fee transaction)

Slower just means lower transaction fee, but it will be all clear within the day, so I recommend slowest fee option everytime

2 Likes

I use Shakepay as an exchange and I then transfer to a wallet I manage from Ledger Live.
The lowest preset as network fee is still 11 CAD but I am able to set a custom value in “sat per byte”. If I set it to something around 5, I get a network fee similar to your screenshot.
So the one hour timer on OpenNode does not include confirmation time and can safely be ignored?
2021-02-22 13_03_01

I totally get the frustration, but BTC isn’t meant to be used like cash as it’s built now. It will get better moving forward, but it’s a better comparison to digital gold right now than digital cash. Gold isn’t easy to spend on things either, but it’s an excellent store of value compared to cash.

Also, most banks require KYC information (know your customer) before they allow any kind of money movement. You know, to prevent terrorism and shit. That’s not odd for a first time customer of a financial service. TD Ameritrade needed to verify my info as well so I’m not sure why you are complaining about that really. 30m transaction time is the worst I’ve experienced. If you wouldn’t have sold your BTC at 15k, you would have it to spend easily and would have had a similar experience as me and the 30m wait time to process the transaction.

I prefer BTC to any fiat currency handled by governments or people that run the Federal Bank of the US. Don’t blame the entire BTC system for your singular bad experience is all I’m saying. I’m sorry it’s so frustrating, it’s simply another method of sending money and it has it’s HUGE benefits and some inconveniences if you are simply thinking of it as digital money.

Let’s start with - what kind of bitcoin fanboy are you?

Then go bad and read what I said " the worst payment platform". Which it is, you can argue about digital currency and everything else until you pass out but the fact remains, bitcoin is a shit payment platform.
Have you tried to make a bitcoin payment in the last couple weeks? - I have seen miners fees of 60%, no payment platform is going to survive on 60% fees.

Then of course you ignore the fact that it took 8 business days for a $200 transaction to clear. That is 100% inexcusable and no other payment platform has such shit performance!

Please stop being obtuse!

1 Like

Lol, don’t be bitter. I’m not a fanboy and I’m well diversified. I just think BTC is better than fiat long-term, and so far all the evidence has supported my theory. I don’t buy coffee or masturbatory material with crypto lol. Fees get crazy for small transactions so you can jack off when the price sky-rockets. That’s when all the miners get together and readjust fees. It’s a democratic process for storage of value to a degree. A money system managed by people instead of a government or collection of governments. Look at Brexit. Look at the value of gold since Nixon took us off the standard. I’m not obtuse, I just don’t pretend BTC is something it’s not yet. For small purchases it’s bad right now. You are right. Good job. Sorry I offended you so bad, thanks for calling me obtuse lol.

Best to just choose the lowest fee you possibly can - Im not sure why theres a timer there - maybe @Evernessince knows why - but transaction times should mostly be ignored as everything should clear within the day

1 Like

How do scripters not loose money? Bitcoin being as volatile as it is. You sell scripts for so much and then the coin value falls.

Hey @Keebler , @anon18820507 - thanks for the much appreciated feedback and opinions, as the more thoughts and experiences on current realsync payment options, the better to know
Of course we should not take any comments personally :slight_smile: - the crypto thing can be aggaravating I understand - but I would really like to figure out the best user friendly method possible and your guys feedback really helps with that

@anon18820507 - Im not sure where these super high transaction fees are occurring - what exchange or wallet were you using/checking?
There are much better crypto like LTC - which has almost nonexistent fees and super fast transaction speeds - just not sure if people want to buy that as BTC seems to be the houeshold name people moreso trust and it would require guys converting to another coin which we would then need to convert back on opennode iirc

I think it makes sense for exchanges to make sure to know their customer by verifying identities etc hence the delay in approving first time transactions - unfortunately some exchanges are faster or slower depending on your countrys regulations as well, but once that first transaction clears, it should work quickly after that, at least I hope and would make sense to

There are ways to buy direct from blue wallet or more instant methods bypassing the ID requirement, but of course those may charge a bit more for the quickness and require a higher minimum

@Keebler - I have come around and see BTC / crypto’s value day to day now and see the developments around it much more clearly and I believe in its future as well.
So Im less concerned when it drops - as there are a ton of developments around crypto that it just seems to big to fail at this point it - just needs to have more clarity on what methods works best to properly use it

Seems Coinbase (Pro) and Bluewallet app seem the best way so far with lowest fee options
I’ve heard Binance is good for Europe
Im personally using Nexo.io as a good interest earning wallet

If others have had good (or bad) experiences with certain apps/exchanges to use or avoid please let us know!

Just like when you buy BTC - you can just buy only the amount u want at the time - you can also simply withdraw the same time whatever BTC is worth at the moment - there are conversion/transaction fees we lose on too ofc
That said - its only gone up considerably in value since we started

Im personally collecting as much BTC I can as I believe in it going up long term and Im taking realsync using it as payment as a silver lining helping me/us actually get involved in it collecting it as well as the gains have been pretty significant especially comparing it to our fiat/dollar losing rather than gaining value over the years

1 Like

If you’re worried about people being inconvenienced by using a cheaper / faster crypto such as Litecoin, perhaps other users could provide feedback on this? I’d suggest if you can use and understand BTC, LTC is going to be just as easy, it’s on every major exchange and is a well-established, reliable and trusted form of payment. I’d be surprised if a single person preferred BTC to LTC actually. Whenever I send crypto between exchanges, that’s what I use personally.

1 Like

I tried to buy a few scripts (just over $20 worth) someday last week and at first I tried to pay with bitpay - they wanted $11.94 (that is the # seared into my memory) in miners fees and warned fees were high due to “transaction volumes”. After that I tried blue wallet (I have multiple wallets, I didn’t have to move the coin between them) and the fees were also over $10. I tried again a day or two later, and it was more or less the same (amounts varied) so I just bagged it thinking I would just buy a bunch next time you have a sale :slightly_smiling_face:

And yeah, it would have been easier if how I bought the coins the first time (back on 5/7/2015) was still an option, but that site is long gone now so I had to start over with Coinbase. Ah, the good old days of no regulation.

I also agree that the new coins are “designed better” (faster transactions, lower fees, etc.) and I agree with @vrpicasso; if you can figure out how to buy bitcoin, you can figure out how to buy the others - except maybe dogecoin, I didn’t see that on coinbase a couple days ago (yes I looked, my buddy wanted me to buy some on a gaff}.

2 Likes

The timer just indicates the time you have to start a transaction. It doesn’t have to complete / confirm within that window so you can safely ignore it.

1 Like

I highly recommend coinbase pro if it’s available in your region. Fees to purchase bitcoin there are the best I’ve seen so far.

I tried to purchase some scripts a few weeks ago, but then realized the market I bought my coins on wanted around $20 in fees to send off network. Checked a few others and they all seemed to be around the same (but apparently the high fees are because of the interest spike crypto has had lately?). Will leave the coin in that account for now because it will likely continue going up in value.

Ended up putting my 3080 to work and mined some coin, transferred that to my lightning blue wallet, then used that to pay. Have got 3 scripts (with a few dollars worth left) with about a day and a half of mining. Just means I’m paying for the scripts with my electricity bill (should probably work out the power usage/cost).

Don’t plan on running that long term, would rather not hammer my GPU 24/7, but will grab a few more scripts first.

1 Like

If you have any LTC tips it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Specifically, is there a way to buy LTC in a majority of countries without having to wait 9 days like coinbase?

LTC is the same as BTC, just much faster and cheaper. I think with any crypto users will have to sign up to an exchange, which takes a while, and I would always suggest Coinbase as a first stop. AFAIK most developed countries can sign up to coinbase? I’m not in the US and had no probs. All exchanges are busy because of the popularity of crypto so signing up is a chore. Not sure if Binance is quicker (Binance.us if you’re in the USA).

1 Like