Recording VaM Scripts

I’ve seen a lot of VaM videos being scripted lately. Many of them uses the same scene. Theoretically one set of multi-axis scripts should fits all of them.

@Yoooi’s ToySerialController now provides an option to record multi-axis scripts directly from the VaM. I was about to use the feature to make scripts for popular scenes before my PC breaks down.

So this is just a head up that such feature exists. If you have VaM and the original scene, you can generate multi-axis scripts that will work for all those videos doing a model swap.

That said, it’s not as simple as clicking a record button. Depending on the scene you may still want to manually edit the output in OFS. When I did this with Hip Venus I got very short stroke length on L0. Turns out the male’s hip is moving in the same direction as the female due to funny game physics and I had to manually extend them.

Why not directly use it in VaM you say? Well VaM is quite heavy piece of software and not everyone has the capacity to run it. Plus some videos just got better looks than what I got in my collection.

4 Likes

oh thats neat, i wonder how well does this work with VamX?