Script-Player Handy Over Bluetooth Firmware 3. Much better expirience

try to update by the handyfelling page

if you have already upgraded to the latest firmware you’re already set and don’t need to upgrade manually. Just press the on button and then hold the connect button for a few seconds until the LED turns blue to indicate bluetooth mode.

1 Like

Thanks - that did the trick! I feel a little silly now. :laughing:

tbh I also found the op a little confusing

Do you guys find this better then wifi with scriptplayer? Especially for more complex scripts.

for me WiFi works better; for some reason Bluetooth only work for slower scripts. If the scripts are too fast the handy will just skip a lot actions. While on WiFi it never skips fast actions. Does anyone have the same experience? Could this be the limitation of bluetooth protocol?

1 Like

Yeah, Bluetooth seems to work better for slower and simpler scripts. Lowering the command delay on Scriptplayer to 10ms helps a bit, but it still seems to struggle with fast scripts with small complex movements. WiFi seems to handle those better.

1 Like

I’ve found that reducing the minimum Min Command Delay to 1ms (via editing the source) was enough to eliminate stuttering issues in complex and long scripts.

1 Like

How do you edit the source to get Min Command Delay to 1ms? Do you use OFS? The Scriptplayer Min Command Delay only goes down to 10ms.

No, no, I’m referring to the source code for ScriptPlayer. The software is open source, I edited the min/max on the controls and compiled it.

Would it be possible if you could upload your compiled version? If not, is it hard to edit the source code for ScriptPlayer?

Editing the source isn’t particularly difficult, compiling it is a bit of a pain as the project references are a bit particular to the developer’s setup rather than using more general references. I’ve uploaded a version of the installer here, should work on Win10 64-bit machines at least and should be safe to install over the current version of ScriptPlayer.

There’s an outstanding issue I’m seeing, in that ScriptPlayer doesn’t seem to play h.265-encoded video; I’m hoping I can get that resolved before I submit a few PRs.

Figured out h.265, just needed to install “HEVC Video Extensions” (ref. XDA, or navigate to ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9n4wgh0z6vhq). I’ll kick up a PR on ScriptPlayer at some point.

1 Like

Just installed your compiled version of Scriptplayer, everything works great. The stuttering is practically gone. Thank you!

1 Like

Same here. Also with the same setup.
Did you find a solution?

I think I solved it.
Just increase the speed range in the setting. (Settings → Speed)
By default the min speed was set to 20. Just lower the limit and the movements should be smooth.

Gave your solution a try, still having the same issue.
My solution, don’t use bluetooth… :+1:

Thank you very much it worked for me

I don’t know if this can solve your problem and the people who also have it.

I discovered it recently, by default the movements are smooth, if you click or press on the up and down controls of the device the movements are longer and not so short, then the handy makes the movements until the end from top to bottom.

That said, you just have to configure it to your liking, calibrating with the up and down buttons.

And one more thing, when you see the blue light flashing red, it means that you are already at the limit and no matter how much you click on it, it will not go down or up any further.

Special mention to Thanny who is the one who thanks to him I discovered this:

I can’t believe how long I went without knowing about this. SO much better than shitty WiFi connections.

Update: While I’m still thrilled I’m able to use my Handy without the internet, I have to take back my previous statment. I’ve been doing some comparing now that all of Handy’s services are back online, and while connecting via intiface and bluetooth is a great option to have as it doesn’t require internet, it doesn’t seem to be able to play the really fast complex parts of scripts as well as WiFi, which makes no sense to me but it’s what my testing has confirmed. Has anyone else noticed this?

2 Likes