Script player question

so i have been using ScriptPlayer…I can’t remember where I got it from or if it is similar or the same as others use but I was wondering if it can be used for macs. Are there any out there that are mac compatible. Because I would love to try out as many of the great scripts and vids people are putting out but the windows-based laptop I use to script with is bare bones…maybe 32 GB storage or something really small. I don’t want to go out and buy another with more storage because I loathe windows. But my storage runs out quickly and I have to decide to keep scripts and vids that I like that everyone has submitted and the ones I am working on OR not continue dumping some on jump drives.
Any advice would be appreciated.

What device are you using? That’s going to affect your options.

i have an imac, a macbook. i have been using a shitty little asus laptop with VERY LITTLE storage that I got just to start scripting. i bought it new so it is updated to today’s standards. it just has no storage. I should have gotten a laptop with more storage but i don’t care for windows and i had NO IDEA that scripting and access to others’ scripts was such a widespread field.

The way i script is by using funsjacks funscripting addon for blender for blender.
Blender is multiplatform and does have a macOS version, so this could be a viable solution.

For playback there is Syncydink which has a somewhat convoluted setup, but generally supports most devices and is multiplatform.

thanks. where would i find the syncydink?

By device, I meant launch, handy, osr2, etc.

Syncidink works if you have the launch, but I don’t think it supports the other two devices yet. OSR2, you might be able to use XTPlayer? I’m under the impression that some linux software can be run on macs, but I don’t know how that works exactly. Handy I don’t know about.

Or there’s always virtual machines, but I’m not sure how well that would work with the hardware stuff.

yeah. i have two launches that i am currently using so that shouldn’t be an issue. i am afraid the solution really would be to invest in a more substantial windows pc/laptop. I just really hate buying one with more storage when i am only using it to make scripts and download others’ scripts and vids. oh well…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.