Scripting Timelapse - Me Speedrunning A RIM Animation

Timelapse

I tried to record my scripting workflow for self reflection, and potentially helping others getting into scripting.

The Video (PixelDrain)

This 4-minute video took me over an hour to script. Looking at my workflow there is a lot of rooms for improvement:

• Somehow get into detailing during the drafting stage, then had to remove these rough details later.
  • Overly obsessed with accuracy and frame-perfection. Good craftsmanship tho.

If you are new to scripting you may find some useful tricks in this, such as how I used motion tracking. But please don’t copy every action I take since a lot of them are me wasting time.

For fellow scriptwriters who somehow caught interest of me speedrunning an RIM animation, any feedback will be appreciated. Let us polish our craft together.

Video used:

The script is pending release. Join my Patreon for early access.
EDIT: Now available here: https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/rim-grim-aloes-nipple-teasing-cowgirl-multi-axis-sr6-updated/131513

14 Likes

Hot diggity dog…the speed on this guy…he goes so fast that his webcam footage loops and goes to a black screen once in a while :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway could you tell me as to how much time roughly was spent on each section? I haven’t watched it fully but just skipped through and boy you blew my mind a bit with how you planned it all out and got the motion tracking to do so much lifting by just having it focus on the wings and kneecap instead of the actual action.

AND you added in multiple axis…aaahhh I only have one more thing to say/show for my appreciation of this:

My appreciation

bow-down-worthy

PS Your not alone with getting into detailing when drafting up as I’ve been doing that too and has hurt me though I haven’t ended up changing those details later…as I end up finishing that section usually when I had meant to do an keypoint drafting once over and then detail.
I feel like frame perfection and accuracy is something that I personally am fine with gain as a result of sacrificing more time since I know it personally bugs myself when it’s not in tune, at least when I notice it in the moment.
I find myself usually losing most of my time currently I think to my slowness with using the program and not using motion tracking as I go frame by frame, tapping away on my next frame key rather than space-baring.

1 Like

The video was sped up 4x. Probably spent ~40 minutes on planning & drafting, and another 40 later detailing. But like I said I wasn’t too determined sticking to that workflow and would jump to detailing as I draft out basic movements. Would have spent less time otherwise.

Yes! I would put it on the pube if it isn’t blocked by the man’s body. The point of motion tracking is to just get the timings right, so as long as the feature is moving in sync it can be used for that.

1 Like

As a scripter I’ve always been both skeptical and a bit intimidated about using motion tracking software, but hot damn it would have taken me at LEAST twice as long to write that script as it did for you.

You’ve got me convinced it might be time to learn. Could save me a lot of time in the long run.

1 Like

Solid run honestly. I saw this and its made me get into scripting after seeing that theres actually decent tools for doing it. I do some small animations in Unity, mainly for VRChat models but with the scripting it means i can make the scenes and also create scripts to go with them.

I noticed the link for the script is broken though, is there a new location for the script you made in this post ?

Keep up the solid work.

1 Like

Updated, try again: https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/rim-grim-aloes-nipple-teasing-cowgirl-multi-axis-sr6-updated/131513

Noice TY!

1 Like

I’m glad this is helpful! If you make animations I believe there’s a way to output script for it? Something like calculating the relative distance between bones.

Check out Buttplug.io too. I’ve seen some cool stuff people made for VRC to interact with toys.

This is posted in Buttplug’s discord server if you’re interested: Buttplug Community | Buttplug

EDIT: I noticed your username is grey, if you cannot access the script topic still maybe you need to do something to gain trust level.

Funny you mention this lol. Im actually an avid user of VRBrations in vrchat. i have several models with a LOT of different sensors and reactions/animations and objects that report distance, speed, etc. to toys IRL. This is partly why i want to script some animations, i can only act out so much in vrchat before it has tracking issues (bluetooth, IK/FK and so on). I do have a way of importing mmd dances to unity, then exporting them as FBX files so i can actually use and play them in vrchat too which is neat since booth and other sites have a lot of MMD animations i like.

I am able to access the script topic and i see theres a ton of them (bless). Im assuming theres no one-stop-shop for the downloads right? I imagine reuploading or changing folders everytime you add a new one would be a nightmare.

1 Like

The PixelDrain link above the scripts section let you download all at once. I also attached the scripts to the topic as a backup, just in case the PixelDrain link dies many years after and I’m not around to fix them.

If you use a single-axis toy one script would be enough. For multi-axis toy (SR6, OSR2+) you’ll need all of them.

Ah nice, i gotcha. I only use a single axis + some lovense stuff for vrchat. As for the links, i was referencing the collection of different animations and scripts, not just the one here. Smart to back things up, i missed the mark on that one for imgur XD

Ah, I haven’t got something like this set up yet, but I should look into it soon. Thanks for the reminder.

PixelDrain’s Filesystem feature might be a good place to go. However I won’t be able to include the videos due to transfer limits and content policies. I’ll see if there’s a way to work around it.

:pray: You’re a legend. Ill have to find a way to share some of the animations and model work ive done to you if you’ve touched vrchat or use it. Would be neat to have some scripts of animation i make for people to use.

1 Like