ScriptPlayer Beta Features (and how to get them)

Must be on the same network, Windows version shouldn’t matter

The last time I asked the Handy devs they told me that the API requires a Win10 PC.
I had trouble to get Handy working on HandyControl because of unsecure security ciphers in Win7/8.

Not sure if they already done something about that.

Try HandyControl and see if you can connect or if you get this error.

Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

1 Like

I have tested with a windows 10 computer and it works.
It was the same scriptplayer’s configuration and the handy was connected to another LAN.
It’s definitely a bug with windows7.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, I didn’t know that.

I recently added a new “favourite folders” system, that lets you define a set of folders to be used by commands like “move”, “add folder”, etc.
So if you always move your files to the same couple of folders this should save you a lot of time.
(Also comes with a couple of new keyboard shortcuts, e.g. to instantly move the currently loaded files to a “default” folder and play the next entry in the playlist)

New folder selection dialog

Edit favourites in the settings dialog

3 Likes

New features since my last post:

• New heatmap that displays the approximate range of commands
  • Improved Handy support (Range slider now works with FW 3)
  • Command Line Interface (Details here)
2 Likes

Hey there, I’ve been trying get my we-vibe verge to work in conjunction with my Handy for a while now, and I haven’t been able to find a good solution. What I want to do specifically is have multiple devices using different funscripts linked to a single video source. The closest single app I’ve found to what I want is MultiFunPlayer, but it seems like it was designed for the OSR in particular, and while it has multiple channels and a bunch of connectivity options, there’s pretty much no documentation out there for it, so while I can get it working with Intiface, I haven’t been able to hook it up to the handy via wifi. Using the Handy through bluetooth with Intiface just makes all of my devices respond jerkily.
Scriptplayer, on the other hand, can connect to the handy directly while also using Intiface, but it seems like it can only run one script at a time.

So my question is, a) is there some way for Scriptplayer to route multiple scripts to different devices, or b) is there a way to get multiple copies of Scriptplayer running at the same time, linked to a single video player?

Right now, the only way I’ve found to do what I want is to use Scriptplayer to control the vibe, link it to DeoVR, and have that app control the Handy directly. That means I can only watch video using my headset, which is kinda awkward.

Nope, neither of those things are possible

That is sad. I am sad. :frowning_face:

Srsly tho, thanks for responding. I think that being able to do one of those things would really improve scriptplayer, but I can barely make a python file to convert up/down motions into vibration intensities, so I’m certainly not going to try and guess how hard it would be to program multiple script functionality in.

I’ll keep troubleshooting, and if I find any solutions I’ll try to remember to come back and post them.

Why do you need multiple funscripts?
Do none of the vibration-conversion modes work for you?

hey having this weird issue keep happening and cant figure out how to resolve it. Everytime i load a script and then connect my handy then scriptplayer will stall for a few seconds and will just close, ive tried connecting my handy first then the script but still closes a few seconds later. ive enjoyed using scriptplayer alot so would like some kind of resolution from anyone who could help. thanks

Apparently an issue with the HandyFeeling server:

Hello :slight_smile: I ran into a bug that prevented e-stim audio from playing when using an external player, found that someone else had already reported it, and I think I’ve found the issue. I sent you a pull request with what I think is the proper fix, feel free to have a look at it.

1 Like

Update: Should be fixed now - new beta version available:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FredTungsten/scriptplayer/build/job/xmsof2minm5s3jbt/artifacts

3 Likes

@Liquid Multi-axis devices (like OSR2 and SR6) have a funscript for each axis.

Edit: Sorry all, trying to figure out how to block quote the original post.

Seems to be working for me now. Thanks for the quick fix!

I want multiple funscripts because vibes are best with different patterns than a stroker, especially if you’re using them together.

As for why I made the program, part of it was just as a coding experiment, part of it was for better customization of the patterns, and part was that unlike yours, not everyone’s funscripts come with a simple txt beatmap with just timings on it, so I wanted something more universal.

1 Like

Issue: High cpu usage from ffmpeg.exe when there is a path with ffmpeg registered while using ScriptPlayer with remote control function. (tested with DeoVR / Heresphere and Whirligig)

ffmpeg is what generates the thumbnails and previews for loaded videos and videos in your playlist - a high cpu usage means it’s running efficiently (it will be done faster)

You can click the icon in the top right corner to show what it is currently working on:

When it’s done generating all optional assets it should stop using any resources.

Edit: True. Since I enabled the automatic thumbnail generation by accident, it really takes a lot of time for VR content. Didn’t expect that, because non VR content is done within a few seconds.
Sorry for any inconveniences. :slight_smile:

1 Like