Setaria the Demon Realm - device integration

I would say go for it and then the video can just be re-uploaded when they add on as they did with Setaria when they added fairies in.

I haven’t completed the new game yet (can’t find the mastrubation door on the far right in hospital area due to a lack of remembering about the map button, but I haven’t been using glowsticks as I don’t understand them still, tips?) but I agree that if it has device intergration added to it then it will be more fun than Setaria was in my mind since the first boss fight despite having no sex on the player was done to the boss to win which is different compared to Setaria where it felt out of place in my mind that suddenly no one is trying to corrupt them. Game is still easy enough to run through most rooms if you just want to move to somewhere and don’t need cash, though I don’t like not being able to aim the gun. It’s harder though to master this game as the previous was just point and shoot at a point while this one is all keyboard or gamepad as it has a lot more mechanics.

1 Like

I’ll try to if I find some time soon.

I got stuck at the same part you did and spent far too long running in circles. It turns out the map shows you all rooms. So if you’re in a room that has two visible doors, but there are 3 connected rooms then you know there’s one hidden door. Likewise you can use this to make sure you’ve been to every room. I went through and made sure I entered every room, turns out if you use the map it’s just a matter of time until you get to the one place you haven’t been to yet.

Glowsticks reveal hidden chests and doors. The hidden doors are all buffs if I remember correctly. The chests are gold. The trick for hidden doors was using the map to check the number of connections a room has vs the visible doors. Another way to find hidden things is to walk in front of them and you’ll see the interact triangle appear above your head even though there isn’t anything visible. Then throw a glowsticks at the spot where that happened and it will appear.

Maybe I was underpowered, but the final boss was actually tough until I grinded to get more damage. At which point it was much more manageable.

Yep as I said my post and yours…it’s because I forgot about the map button that I misinterpted what the room was as I believed it to be a room to take you to like all four corners of the hospital…not the gateway to the next area that unlocks when you’ve come at it from all 3 angles. Once I used the map I found the right way and went to the next area and the final boss which I did have to go back and grind for as I realized my defence was 23 ish so I put it up to 53 as that’s what the enemies were and then a bit into attack and got it done. But yeah the 2nd and final boss were very much bullet hell like and you have to sometimes trade damage or fully evade and take your one or two hits which result in a very slow and drawn out fight, much harder boss fights though compared to Setaria as only the final boss there is harder than the first boss fight but is easier than the final and maybe the second in my view so I think the devs turned up the difficulty. (Slightly sad that the final boss fight didn’t have a similar way to win compared to the other two as it made me question for a second what was going on before I realized I had won)

I had no clue about the buff doors nor did I realize until I watched that the clothing only gave you one extra HP and goes to a max of 10.

As soon as I saw the ending I think I understand the plot of the whole game roughly at least (and Setaria’s ending more) but I also think that the title screen ending up having a fairy there I think is a hint towards what maybe needs to be found in order to unlock that last door maybe. (Or we do just need to wait for an update)

Intergration for this game like the first would be good I agree (and a hard mode for more sex) though I failed to understand what I needed to do with the chair so although intergration there would be great it needs something to explain it first I feel. Though the entire game from that point afterwards honestly…feels rushed or had cut content (via the meat pillars enemies and lack of traps) as you can get through it very quickly with the right stats.

Figured I would give some thanks to NoDude for adding integration to Setaria, I came back to this site and played through the beta recently and really enjoyed it. This game had more horror elements than I was expecting, which was cool. Big props and I will be playing the hardmode now.

1 Like

If you can find my original request post someone else posted a different hard mode mod that’s worth checking out.

1 Like

Good callout. Did you ever find out what the changes were? Also @Ansky the site no longer provides your hardmode for free.

In his hard mode it’ll make your weapon disappear if the red chick starts haunting you in the second level u til you rest at one of the hung lady statues

2 Likes

How can i change how long the Stroke is when shooting???

There is no UI option
In the config you have:
fillerHeight Which is the normal filler height (0-100)
fillerDur Which is the length of 2 strokes (up, down, in ms i think)
fillerModFireSpeed Which is how fast the script should be in float (so 1.0 is normal, 1.2 is 20% speedup)
fillerModFireHeight Which is also a float of what % the filler height should increase by.

If you dont use filler, it uses a builtin vibrate which isnt configureable.
I should clean it up a bit

1 Like

Nice. Would love the ability to change how mutch it moves. I dont use filler.

I like the idea. Sort of what the filler does, but while shooting. Would be great

Unfortunately my ssd shit itself and I lost everything. If there’s a lot of demand I’ll recreate it.

To make the deathroom brutal, make sure to enable the filler and to set "fillerModDamageSpeed":2.0,"fillerModDamageHeight":2.5 in the config.json file.

Also modify the game following these steps:

1. Open data.win in UndertaleModTool.

2. Navigate to the script gml_Object_oDeathRoomDeathAreaEv_Alarm_0.

3. Add the following lines after oPlayer.mp += 0.03:
    scr_launcher_report(("player_damage?" + str), "")
    var cam = view_camera[0]
    camera_cw = 300
    camera_ch = 200
    camera_set_view_size(cam, camera_cw, camera_ch)
    oCamera.view_w_half = (camera_cw * 0.5)
    oCamera.view_h_half = (camera_ch * 0.5)

4. Save your changes by going to File > Save, and then save the modified game.

I highly recommend that modders share the specific changes they’ve made to the game, as this enables multiple modders to collaborate on the same project.

2 Likes

That’s a shame! I’ve lost it as well unfortunately :sob:

I cant get this to work, got it to register my handy but it plays no script when i get attacked or attack.
Do i need to do something else?

1 Like

Had a renewed interest in this game. Wanted to check out the new hard mode but it’s not available.
Remembered I had something myself going and decided to finish it up and share.
There’s a lot of changes, I included a changelog for modders and the curious, but more than anything the alterations were done with my personal config options in mind. (fire_lazer trigger is used by new things and the laser ability does player_damage instead for example) Highly recommend you use the config settings I added and only tweak minimally if needed. (Filler & min height are necessary to create intended ranges with fire/laser/damage multipliers and should not be changed.)

Some of the changes affect the base game state upon creation, so you will need to wipe your previous save file in your AppData\Local\Setaria folder. (You’ll miss the only buff if you don’t.)

To install just replace each file with its old counterpart.

I’ve done a handful of run throughs during the process but its gotten to the point where I can’t put the time in for legitimate runs. I’m sure I’ve missed a bug somewhere so I may update this at some point.

Just a heads up for people who are playing for the first time or want to go in blind, the general info on changes may contain some mechanical spoilers that you may have wanted to be surprised by.

BUFFS:
+1 heart.
Chest rewards tripled.

NERFS:
Saving only recovers your last layer of clothing.
Said clothing only protects you from 1 hit.
Struggling to escape is much harder. (You will need to spam A and D at the same time.)
Speed reduced and jump slightly reduced.
Base weapon stats lowered and progression nerfed.
Bullets push enemies away only half the distance now.
Reloading causes more contamination and triggers your device like shooting does.
Game over screen triggers script properly.
Shop prices increased by 50%, except for laser damage, which is 2x.
Coins scatter further.
Gold drop amounts have been adjusted to discourage easy farming.
Queen Fairy limit is now 1 and requires 25 fairies to summon, which are removed when you do.
Enemies are stronger, some now have randomized elements and/or altered abilities.
Traps are harder to avoid and can be extra punishing.
Higher level enemies deal more contamination, which ends up draining more hearts.
Enemies have randomized hscene durations that are extended, stronger monsters have longer scenes.
Max contamination uses player_damage and stuns you for longer (higher combo chance)
Invincibility duration after taking damage reduced. (speedrun punisher)
Stuck getting gangraped? Sucks. You can’t pause. Ever. Lose those hearts like a good hero.
Ghost shrine actually does something now…
Saving doesn’t remove the curse anymore, only the hanged statue. (does remove slimes)
Added @Ansky’s Brutal Deathroom Mod but changed the trigger to fire_lazer instead.
Also made the deathroom girl faster and always appear after the first door. (Escape door has lights fyi)
Cyclops eye has no more warning and timings are harder/unfair. (Don’t forget to use moving cover)
Enemy projectiles now trigger relevant hscenes instead removing hearts.
Boss attacks now trigger a random hscene from any random monster found in its area.
Bosses can combo you, either by using slimes from randomized hscenes or special abilities.
First boss can only combo with slimes, a main body hit is always a slime.
Second boss can combo you with a ground slam, green laser, or random slime scene.
Third boss is annoying enough without any combos or slimes.
Final boss eye orbs can combo you after a laser attack, the mega laser ignores invincibility frames completely, and any of its attacks can potentially slime you.

11 Likes

I can’t wait to give this a try when I get back from my trip! Thank you for expanding on this game!

2 Likes

Okay so I’ve starting playing it with the new mod to get a feel for it (can’t use my handy at the moment due to being away) but my god you made this game punishing as hell! So far my only gripe is the green tentacle flys, the already move fast own their own but now the move at the speed of light and are impossible to avoid! :skull:

1 Like

You will need some upgrades for sure. If they’re above you, running horizontally underneath them during the dash has a good chance of dodging. If they’re to the side, your best bet is falling during the dash. Pushing them and keeping them as far away as possible helps. Using obstacles to cut off their path is a great idea too. It all gets fucked up if they swarm you though mwahaha :smiling_imp:

Love the boss fight mod though! Stand alone the bosses were lacking but I love that now instead of taking immediate damage you get caught in a sex scene! First boss is still a mega pain in the ass though! Also no sure how I feel about making upgrades more difficult though, I already felt like I would have to spend entirely too much time in the starting area before being able to advance as it was though lol