Stuttering Video on Heresphere for All VR Videos

Long story short, I use Heresphere on the Quest 2 and have a SMB setup with ScriptPlayer and the Kiiro Keon. I’m noticing that practically anytime I use VR and not just flat 1080p video, the video ends up stuttering, and the script has to pause a ridiculous amount of times. I’ve tried artificially lowering the resolution and bitrate of the videos but to no avail (sub 100 bitrate, 2432x1216). Is this kind of thing just typical for this kind of setup, or is there some way to bypass this stuttering every 2-4 seconds? My setup is from this guide: How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

If you play the file locally does it stutter?

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I must admit, I’m not entirely sure how to play the files locally with Scriptplayer still enabled. Would you have any recommendations on how I could do that?

Heresphere on Quest 2 should support funscripts natively for bluetooth devices like the Launch.

I assume it would work with a Keon.

1 Like

I don’t think heresphere is the problem, as pretty much any VR video will play in heresphere without stuttering.

SMB means you already have the file locally (i.e. on your computer disk).

Can you play VR videos in heresphere without a script, and do they stutter?

1 Like

If it still stutters when trying it without a script and using SMB try putting the file on the Quest 2 directly and not using SMB.

That could rule out an issue with the wireless network or the SMB server.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

I was finally able to remove the stuttering. Playing the files locally as suggested (instead of over SMB) eliminated the stuttering. All I had to do was transfer my PC mp4s to my headset. Luckily, despite a different storage location for the mp4s, ScriptPlayer was still fully functional.

That said, a word of advice for those that want to transfer files locally to the Quest 2. Local file transfers over USB to USB-C require you to have the headset on towards the end of the file transfer in order to successfully complete the transfer. Apparently, this is due to a bug that Meta is currently investigating with their newest update.

Anyways, thanks for the advice, fellas; hopefully, this helps someone in a similar situation.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.