The Handy and overheating

No issues with overheating. Mainly handheld but occasionally in a mount.

I agree with you here and have in the past suggested a small sachet of lubricating grease for the handy (not a penis) and brief instruction should be provided maintanance use to be added with a cotton qtip/ earbud when the need arises. It could be due to heat variances in transit and lubrication drying out.

Great mounting option for over the desk.

1 Like

Thanks everyone responding so far, hopefully more to come. I think the obvious is becoming more apparent, overheating can happen if not mounted, using a 3rd party sleeve or not enough lube perhaps. Maybe, if the motor is strained, it overheats. Simple. Holding the device with the base on the pubic mound, above penis, with skin contact will heat up though comfort levels vary from person to person. Logically this stops heat dissipation so a mount should be used for sessions over 30mins - Glad you guys can last that long and have the time :slight_smile:

I’m wondering could some kind of thermal paste applied internally to the handy help at all. The open slot is a good vent space… maybe, although the manual illustrates to place the handy this way, a note should be added about heat that some may feel the discomfort of as well as to the protection mode in a trouble shooter if not already there. - Just checked, its not in the short manual but is on the www.handysetup.com page under led status in the Troubleshooting section.

Anyhow, please do continue your responses, and please be true to your experience - This can become biased from reading all the above.

Can you link the Discord group? Thanks.

1 Like

Cock Hero scripts are going to strain the motor as much as no scripts, pretty much. Lots of high intensity repetitive action, unlike a natural scene script which has more variation and pauses. It sucks that it happens though, hope they sort it out.

A new product designer is on board to hopefully help solve this. The only way I can think of helping it is dynamat material lined inside the case for sound and heat, maybe some thermal pasting, and upgraded top and bottom caps with integrated mounting options - reinforced with metal plating behind and welded on nut 1/4 kinda thing going on or another method if not strong enough.

1 Like

Maybe small vent holes near the base too.

• I only use The Handy with scripts.
  • I have been running it many times for 60-90+ minutes without overheating, but I mostly use it in ~45 min sessions. I’m scripting a 2h 8min video now (20 min left of the video to script), I wonder if I will reach the heating breaking point for The Handy with that :slight_smile:
  • I don’t use a handsfree since I haven’t managed to create a setup that I’m satisfied with. I’m having a hard time finding a solution that is flexible enough so that I can easily change position without taking a break to readjust the rig.
  • I rest the bottom part of The Handy in my lap so to speak.
  • I use different sleves, some with casings, but never a full Fleshlight with casing.

The Handy gets warm, but never hot, and it hasn’t shutdown for me at least.

Yes. Handsfree more than 30 min. and also on full beat scripts, handy sleeve. Gets really hot before shutdown, uncomfortably so. I flip it upside down so hot spot is at the top away and cools better. No problems since and no themal shutdowns that way. Scripts are backwards though lol.

Maybe holding the up button and down button for 2 seconds could be programmed to invert the sync. This is possible with software so I think it could be a good workaround for for workarounds like yours.

1 Like

Thanks Sentinel, like many, I sympathise with the mounting issue - I have almost solved it for every move but standing but kneeling is possible - check out my HandY gun mount set up on the discord customization thread or on the handy reddit page. Bit expensive though but was just for testing out… if you have a sit stand desk, this might be perfect for you as to allow for all positions.

You could just use the invert function in HandyControl to flip the script.

2 Likes
  • Using a mix of the original Handy sleeve and onaholes
  • Sessions usually last for about 30mins-1hr
  • The base gets warm after about 20 minutes of constant use, usually earlier for faster scripts (Scripted)
  • Never hands-free I just place it on my groin area
  • Usually in an air-conditioned room

I only notice it getting weirdly warm when I use anything other than the original Handy sleeve. I presume the weight of the sleeve also plays a part in the machine (the onaholes are around 300-500 grams)

Maybe we need to have a specific script that causes the overheating protection mode to be triggered - maybe we should submit these scripts for testing by the handy team who can then pin point where things go wrong. This should be with the standard sleeve.

Similarly, maybe a maximum weight of third party sleeve could be found out - e.g. Full size fleshlight is a no, fleshlight go is a no, quickshot is okay?

You don’t need a special script for that. Just enable automatic mode and set speed and stroke to 100%.

Good thinking Lucifie!

It must have been lab tested and recorded as to 100% speed and stroke, temp rises at 30 mins… at 60 mins overheat protection mode initialised/such down for cool off.

Maybe the Handy team could eLABorate on it but I have a feeling maybe its a set sequence or a specific level of stroke and speed that triggers the shut down fastest … like thinking too much can give a headache and make your head hot, too many commands can make the processor and motor get hot and bothered to shut down for the Handy :slight_smile: like being overwhelmed.

So, it is Saturday :slight_smile:

Heres everything listed/paraphrased - It is like 12 to 8 (counting Liquid twice as both experiences are valid) to not having over heating issues, possibly from handsfree use, and not using much heavier 3rd party sleeves or scripts that are very intense, possibly the pmv cock hero music beat types that can be very fast and unnatural:

No over heating problems:

1. Abdulis - Handsfree
  2. Liquid - With Handsfree
  3. Jcakes - Even with terrible/little cleaning or maintenance
  4. Dekadince - No overheating, but noise issue likely from lack of lubrication
  5. Vrpicasso - Handsfree
  6. Lucifie - Handsfree
  7. Alkali - Longest use was for 90 minutes with no overheating
  8. Solarmus - No overheating shutdown but does get warm during longer sessions - Handsfree
  9. Jupiter - Hour long sessions, never overheated - Only used low to medium speeds
  10. Mjw1174 - No overheating, mainly handheld, occasionally mounted too
  11. Sentinel - No overheating with use 60 to 90 minutes or more, handheld. Different sleeves, some with casings have been used but never a full sized Fleshlight with casing. Handy has gotten warm, but never shut down into protection mode
  12. Softserve - Handheld, used for 30 minutes to 1 hour sessions, warms after 20 minutes, faster with faster scripts, used onaholes too. The warmness is only noticed when using 3rd party sleeves like the onahole that weighs between 300 and 500 grams.

Over heating problems:

1. Liquid - When holding close, when handheld.
  2. Gwadaeln - Warms up after 20-30 mins of use but not alarming
  3. VladTheImplier - Has got pretty warm, overheated with use after nearly an hour, has only happened a couple of times
  4. Shakystevens - Overheated with a Fleshlight and intense scripts, both handheld and handsfree
  5. Mort - Not overheated yet but has got almost too hot for skin after 30 minutes of use, handheld
  6. Rabid_fiend - With a handsfree mount, overheated after 45 minutes of use a couple of times
  7. Dnp - Handheld, overheats after 20 to 30 mins of use with Cock hero scripts, shuts down into protection mode for a few minutes to cool off and then is ready again for use.
  8. Blingitybing - Handsfree mounting used, after 30 minutes on full beat scripts, gets uncomfortably hot before shut down - Flipped around to allow base of Handy/ hot motor to be on topside, vents better (heat does travel upwards/outwards) but scripts become inverted.

Things that can be taken away from this is that:

1. Handsfree can be helpful for the user as well as for the Handy motor.
  2. Heat from user holding can be potentially remedied - heat reflective inner layer on casing - like dynamat material maybe, good for sound too: better air flow to base where motor sits, maybe small air vents. Potential for script inversion via good software like Handycontrol or Handy physical button reprogramming to invert scripting signals.
  3. a safety caution note about warming and heating up could be added to the short version of the user guide/manual.

Can anyone think of anything else from this?

2 Likes

For safety with regards to EU regulations there must a hint if the device can get hot and I think I have already seen this. The device also must shut down before it reaches a defined temperature which it does.

I think one of the main problem is that the user is holding it with warm hands or placing it on his skin so this area can’t cool. In my hands free mount the base is free and it never got too hot.

Next is the resistance against handy needs to push. If a stroke takes longer down than up then Handy tried to push against and uses more current and this heats up the device. Heavy sleeves or a wrong position can increase this. An open ended sleeve for sure has less resistance too.

My mount is horizontal so this might be also a point since Handy does not have to lift the weight of the sleeve with each stroke and needs less current. The more energy is needed the faster it will get hot.

I have not looked inside but if a fan is not possible or not desired maybe the motor can be wrapped in a passive cooler + some air vents to help to spread the heat.

Placing dynamat inside the case will just lead to more heat in the motor since this material prevents that heat can be dissipated. It maybe don’t feel hot anymore but the device will still shut down.