The Handy customer service

Let me say that my tale on the handy customer service is non existent…
I bought one not even 2 months ago and the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections no longer work and it’s makes a loud grinding sound while in use and gets hung up and stuck.

I have been in contact with them and after discussion of a warranty replacement, communication has halted.
It’s now been alomoat 1 month since we’ve spoken.

Stay informed of companies before eating large amounts of money on their inferior product!

2 Likes

Hey! My name is Vitor, I’m with Tech Support for the Handy.

I’m really sorry to hear about this, sounds like you were having a bad time with getting help from us and that is not ideal. I’m reaching out to see if we can correct that.

If possible, can you DM in discord if you have it? I don’t think EroScripts has DMs but I want to personally located your email and take of the issue.

My Discord username is handyvitor and it should be the same profile picture I use here. Once you message me we can look into both helping you out and investigating why you were left hanging for so long ok?

Once more I apologize for this and hope we can rectify it now!
Hope to hear from you soon! :smiley:

6 Likes

We’ve been emailing back and forth since Early December and I have sent every bit of info you asked for… You say you didn’t receive anything from me since our last contact, well it was sent.
Here is an image of my invoice, with private info blacked out…
It shows order number, that should be all you need for a replacement or refund…
You will find my name and address on the invoice info via your company account O would think.
The total cost to me was $222.06

And here you have it…
Non-existent!

So… you don’t use the Amazon refund or replacement function because?

Fishy.

He bought a Handy through Amazon, tried it for a couple days, decided he didn’t like it and tried to sell it here: Brand new Handy

Says he already dealt with Amazon which implies that he had already received a refund

3 Likes

Actually, if it your business, Amazon did NOTHING for me…
No I didn’t like it, that has nothing to do with a damaged unit and no company customer service to fix or replace it…

I kept it, used it and now it’s completely junk.
Doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, get hung up on the up and down extremes.
It’s junk and the company has abandoned me.

Customer service is non existent and after weeks of mails back and forth, has stopped communication and help.

So,…
Handy is a piece of crap and a waste of hundreds of dollars and their company doesn’t give a crap about their purchasers!

So gimme a break on what you THINK is the problem and mind your business…
Simple!

Sure mate. Just contact them through Amazon and do it that way. Not sure why you try to do it through the Handy support itself even though you bought it from Amazon. I would love to read your mails you’ve written them, because it’s pretty difficult to understand you (not to mention you being rude to them) and maybe support doesn’t want to handle that kind of customer.

But as said, go through Amazon - the place you bought it from. I had a buddy also get a replacement through Amazon. I got my Handy through the Handy itself and no issues at all after more than 1000+ uses already. Not to mention most people on here using it as their main device and having no issues - so it’s not a trash product.

5 Likes

I guess it needs explaining that when you air your BS in an open forum like this you are inviting comment. Welcome to the internet.

3 Likes

So being new to EroScripts at the time certainly didn’t help but when clearing my notifications, I noticed that OP did respond.

I can’t offer more information or support on Open Forums like this, if you want support the methods we always necessitate you contact us is via email on contact@thehandy.com, the chat box on Handyfeeling, Handy Store or our Help Center

The reason for this rules are long but ultimately all revolve around privacy, consistency and providing follow ups. (AKA Not let situations like the one that just occurred happen). Considering I’m not sure I got contacted by you on Discord DMs either, your request (and response) feel through the gaps of this wider net of contact points.

While this has been far from the expected performance (Going to start literally revisiting all posts I interact if my notifications can miss stuff like this) I’m still available to help, just contact us through the official methods or my Discord DMs and we should be able to look into it. If you post a follow up on a forum, the help I can give is limited so please do reach out via the methods mentioned above.

I’ll own up to not catching this earlier (5-6 months, that is honestly my mistake.) but we still hope we can work on solving your original issue, if you are still willing to go through it.

I’ve had a handy and been involved for like the last couple of years and have to say the customer service is great - Evident from both personal experience and vicariously from others feedback too. It’s probably even best at the moment considering you get responses from Handy Vit or Handy Carly on the day and if not, the next.

I think the op has just had some bad luck and hope better luck comes his way and recommend they simply try to use it again or maybe chat in the handy discord where they may get some live responses from community members to help too.

1 Like

Strange, i had the exact same thing happen with a handy from Amazon. I think someone is selling broken/refurbished units as new there and hoping people will be too embarassed to contact customer service.

When it happened to me i originally contacted the Handy support and they told me i had to go through Amazon. I called Amazon and they refunded me the full price pretty much immediately. Then i ordered a new one from the actual Handy website and it’s worked perfectly for about a year now.

1 Like

My hands free cup broke right after I got it and they shipped me a replacement super quick, very good customer support. I finally realized it was probably because my dumbass used Loctite on the threads and that’s probably what embrittled the plastic, causing it to crack… Oops!

Interesting point about the threadlock, did you over do it - like you would only need a tiny drop on the screw thread that then goes into the metal insert. If excess was used, i can see how that could flow out and mess with the plastic surrounding the insert.

However, it that were the case, the plastic were the threadlock was used excessively would become crumbly. Quite a few have had a particular 3 lined crack like a Mercedes symbol but I think this is more attributable to overtightening an already bound to loosen part. - I say bound to as this magic arm mount is something designed to hold stationary cameras etc. Also, only having one anchoring point can mean that with vibrations and movement from the handy, it can loosen overtime while if there were atleast 2 anchor points, or even just “2 nuts” as a princliple, one would counter the other to lock.

Anyhow, this is going beyond the initial point that customer service from handy is generally great for most folks. OP must be having a rare experience thats atleast being dealt with now.

1 Like

Hmm, yeah it was kinda like a Mercedes symbol… But it happened merely from the weight of the handy, after only 1 use (in which it was only holding the handy stable). I only used a conservative amount of loctite, but the fumes do increase the chance of stress fractures regardless, so it probably at least contributed to it. I can say for sure I did not overtighten the screw, though. I haven’t made use of my replacement cup yet because I’m still pondering how to decrease the chances of it cracking again.

All of this to say their customer support is great, but not every product they sell is as good as the handy itself.