The Terminator: New Open Source Stroker

I thought it would be fun to start a new IoT project and what could be more fun than a powerful masturbation device. The goal of this weekend endeavor was to start a ruggedly built extensible platform with a healthy community of supporters to enhance the software and have fun in the process.

Device

I added an Arca Swiss plate at the bottom to easily attach it to a tripod or other retention devices.

Slider Design
Attaches roller sliders to the modified Scotch yoke oscillation mechanism

Code: GitHub - sopioman/yoi
My plans for v1 capabilities will be a simple rotary encoder to manually regulate its speed and also an automatic mode to support funscripts. At first funcripts will have to be compiled as part of the application as embedded content and pushed to the board, v1 will not have any connectivity or Internet capabilities.
I specifically chose the Arduino Nano RP2040 for its connectivity options (integrated WiFi+Bluetooth) and its 16MB of flash memory for the funscripts storage.

Name: My original thought was to name it Yoi. However, after seeing the resulting device I could not help notice the striking resemblance with “The Terminator” T-800 endoskeleton design. :slight_smile:
Any feedback/suggestions are quite welcome.

I will briefly push all the v1 code after I perform some more testing to make sure the device is safe and performs to specs.

More details to follow…
I will post list of materials, 3D Printed mount files and everything I used in the code repo.
All the electronics will be separate from the device. They will all be in a small case away from the device, closer to arms reach. A shell for the device will be created later, hopefully with the help of the community.

Cheers,
Sopio

11 Likes

Fuck yeah dude this is rad! Keep us posted :smiley:

1 Like

Looks great, needs a button that says Asta la Vista baby, after I cum :joy:
200w

7 Likes

Looks like its going to rip my dick off lol.

2 Likes

Hehe, safety is a big deal.
A few thoughts to provide some piece of mind:

• Motion is mechanically limited to be reciprocating on its full length. There are no quick sudden changes of short to long strokes or incredibly fast jerky motions that could cause physical damage.
  • Max travel is currently 11.5cm (115 mm). However, you can adjust the top travel by the length of the shaft and motor hub mount length. Motor spins only in 1 direction (this guarantees a flowing stroking motion) so there is no risk of sudden, hurtful changes.
  • Motor RPM is 435 RPM (planetary gears) with a 2:1 reduction bevel gears (~217 RPM or 3.61 full strokes per second at Full theoretical speed). That translates to 3.61 sps * 115mm = 415 mm/s which is very comparable to The Handy. I will need to run some tests and put some additional software restrictions as well, if needed. I won’t release a v1 without adequate testing in this area.
2 Likes

“Aw yeah, you’re a bad girl, aren’t you…”

1 Like

How loud is it?

I don’t have a Handy or any similar devices to compare. However, I will run some tests at 10% speed increments and post the decibels at 1 foot from the device. Once everything is ready for testing and gears properly lubricated I will run some tests.

I think the twist motion is very doable. It operates on a separate axis so it would be a matter adding another axis of rotation. However, I don’t want to introduce too much complexity before tackling some of the basic issues. My time for the project is quite limited, it would be great as the project matures to get some collaborators to introduce more advanced functionality.
Thanks for the feedback!

It certainly would be easier. However, a big part of DIY is experimentation and trial & error. Im not doing this for commercial gain. I want to try different things and see where it leads. It might be worse or it could be better, more rugged, stable and durable. Who knows, I will continue to expand on it and the feature set will grow.
I can’t expect to match or exceed a mature, commercial product in a couple of weekends. But I will have fun in the process and add the features I want.
The hope is that more people join in the fun of building and steer the platform into cool directions. The big plus is that it is all open source and anyone will be able to improve it as they see fit.

2 Likes