Thumbnail previews?

It doesn’t seem to work when filtering by a tag, is that not supported?

1 Like

List grid for me …. And I’m sorry… but kudos to you buddy. I won’t take any credit for putting this upgrade in play!!! Lol amazing

Curious, did this update change anything about how the site would reach out to external image sources, and make local thumbnails available in a “carousel” view? Noticing a few of my posts recently continue to point out to Imgur, when in the past the images would be grabbed. I’m keeping all the file sizes under ~300kb which worked in the past.

don’t think so. It also doesn’t download images immediately, it happens after a delay, maybe that’s what you’re seeing

A post was split to a new topic: Imgur images not downloading?

When will this be implemented? I don’t see a change yet in “Latest” and “New” lists.

I think you missed that it works only under scripts and script request category.

grafik

Thx @mADsCRIPTS. This is how it looks like on Android phone.

Screenshot_20220630-194750_Opera

Is it alright how it looks? How can I change List and Grid?
Thx

as of right now, i don’t think it’s user customizable

@hugecat “Latest” view now shows gifs and pictures. Thank you very much!

Altough sometimes the text gets into another post mixed up and overlaps.

This is what it looks like

Screenshot_20220701-201844_Opera

Screenshot_20220701-201822_Opera

Screenshot_20220701-201805_Opera

Can we turn thumbnails off and go to old view?

1 Like

can you try again? Is it still broken?

unfortunately no, it’s not user customizable

It’s also now working when filtering by a tag, very nice, thanks!

BUMMER. Hopefully in the future it’ll be a preference toggle.

Screenshot_20220701-210434_Opera

Screenshot_20220701-210421_Opera

Screenshot_20220701-210415_Opera

Works amazing now you’re a Saint! :pray:

1 Like

@msejixwq Hide thumbnail images shown next to script posts

Hi,
Is it possible to hide the thumbnail images shown next to script posts?
Some content posted here is restricted in some regions, Posters often mention the content in the post title, like futa, but fail to apply the corresponding tag, so I can’t filter it out.
Now that there are preview images next to posts, I can’t browse the forum without seeing images of this restricted content.
Is there anyway around this, if the thumbnails can’t be hidden. Is there an advanced search option that lets you filter out posts by keywords in the title?
Thanks

mods, the topic creator, and users level 2 or greater (which include you @msejixwq) are able to update tags. So you can help add any important missing tags.

that’s not a complete solution though. One possible workaround is we could create a new theme that disables the thumbnails. It’s not the most discoverable solution though.

Thanks for the reply. How do I add tags to another user’s post?

I realized another possible brute-force solution to my problem, could be to add a rule to my ad-blocker to block images of a specific size, so I don’t see the previews.

Update: If you’re using ublock origin adblocker adding the following filter blocks the preview images

discuss.eroscripts.com##.thumbnail

@msejixwq
I just added another theme just so I could exclude the thumbnail preview. If you go into your settings and choose “Minima”, you shouldn’t get any thumbnails.

and the pencil button at the top of a topic should give you the ability to change the topic name and tags

2 Likes