Unethical Studios and Actors

Allowing random people add tags to my posts would piss me off especially if its tagged as “unethical” with no discussion. Its one thing for the mods to do it but opening up the system to all is just asking for abuse/harassment.

7 Likes

Agree 100%.
This community at large is about scripts, sex robots, and software. We are not the ethics police especially when no laws have been broken. If something is not your cup of tea or anything else (philosophical, personal, ethical, or etc), then you can always choose to move on to something that agrees with you. Plenty of posts here to appease a wide range of people.

Humbly ask that everyone understands that we are all are looking at this through different lenses and that is ok as long as people here come together for what this site was primarily made for.

1 Like

A thought, though. Ultimately everything on this site is illegal somewhere.

This community at large is about scripts, sex robots, and software. We are not the ethics police

This is my personal line of thought as well. And an ‘unethical’ tag seems extremely subjective and impossible to clearly and fairly rule on.

So far we’ve been operating on the principle of not taking anything down unless the video is non-consensual or we feel it poses a risk to the site staying up.

Just as a thought experiment, if we assumed that Deen is provably guilty of whatever he’s accused of, I’m personally not sure what to do about that.

2 Likes

perhaps a taboo tag would be more appropriate

Taboo usually applies to things that would be technically illegal but consenting like real incest but the parties are of consenting age, tagging my original post as taboo wouldn’t fit if you didn’t know of the accusations any may drive people who wouldn’t know/care from a post they would be happy with.

1 Like

I think that as long as it wasn’t ruled by the court it should be allowed. People can always skip the script and inform scripter about rumors about studio / actor, but in a constructive way.

At the bottom of the post people can mute the topic as well if it really bothers them that’s on the site:

In extreme cases you can always mute certain scripters as well, so you won’t see their work at all.

4 Likes

@Husky I’m all for this but if you go back to the original post the 2 guys making a fuss over it were in the “ignoring isn’t good enough camp”

throwawayacct posted " Paradox of Tolerance applies here - ignoring the damage he’s caused to many people and performers, is what allows it to continue."

And Maviarab’s stance was “Maybe if content from abusive rapists wasn’t posted I wouldn’t have to ‘move on’ with my ‘negativity’ hmmm? Cheer on Stoya…post James Deen crap…go figure. So no, I won’t take my negativity elsewhere and ‘move on’ when his content is posted (unless the site admins tell me to). Sorry, not sorry at all.”

1 Like

Maybe an additional subsection for “debatable content” could be added, a subfolder of scripts where people can post their scripts they know that are not illegal but might cause trouble of some sort? Everything that concerns questionable actors, pretty heavy lolistuff or other stuff that people might have a problem with (I don´t mean really everything people get annoyed by that pretty much search for reasons to argue about but the heavy stuff).
Mods could also push Postings over there whenever something was included that poses a serious problem.
This might be a good middleground between doing nothing and deleting it completely and people having trouble with this don´t see it in their normal browsing.
But I don´t know how forums like this one operate, it´s just an idea^^

From an operations standpoint, this isn’t a great idea.
Say we create this section. What constitutes “debatable”.

Say a mod receives a report for a video, the reason is the male talent was accused of some form of crime.
They haven’t been prosecuted, but some people are against this person.

There are two realities now. One where the male talent is guilty, and one where they aren’t.

In the universe where they are guilty, sure we do a great thing in reducing their visibility in the world.

In the universe where they aren’t, well now we are participating in a lie that damages someone’s reputation because they might have committed a crime.

I believe in innocence before being proven guilty. No actress has pushed to pursue him in court. As far as what I believe, unless they want to be believed they should make a report and take him to court. Otherwise, they’re either lying or allowing a rapist to continue to be a rapist.

People like to say “Oh but it’s like 8 people” As if people don’t jump in on the accusations to be included in the drama and back pats.

TL;DR - Take him to court. If you don’t I’m going to assume you’re lying for clout.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I kinda feel that tge recent Johnny Depp trial showed that it’s easy for people to assume that harassment happend, but the truth might be totally different (although some behaviours were questionable, but definitely not even close as to what was described by his ex-wife).

I’m not saying that James Deen is not an abuser (I personally think he was) but we can’t be 100%.

A tag might be the solution (like it is for loli), but then name it so it doesn’t sound like scripter makes some weird, shady scripts about abusers. Maybe a “debate” tag or something.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was just an idea and at the end of the day it would be up to mods or admins to decide what is “debatable content”; like it´s solved in many cases on many boards out there where the rule is pretty much “my board, my decision”. This can be good because it leads to less discussion or can be really really bad depending on the mods.
The thought behind this was just to get the stuff at least out of eyes of people “easily offendable” to somewhere where they have to enter first and through this reducing the risk of sparking regular discussions about this stuff because people can simply say “then stay out of this specific area”.
Sorry, was just brainstorming, at the end of the day (as written further up) I´m still for as little censorship as possible as long as videos don´t contain a crime or people that are serious pos and it´s clearly proven^^
But to get into one point: tags also would participate in damaging someones reputation since you mention his name or something similar and people might start looking into it and stumble over the accusations, so as long as there is any mention in any form this would imply that there is a reason to mention it while it isn´t important for 90% of the other stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is also my take in all of this, If you don’t like it, don’t look!

And I don’t care what someone thinks when the stats look like this.

2 Likes