Want to start scripting, but can't even open practice video

Hi everyone! New here to this community and I decided I want to see if I can learn how to be a good script writer.

I have had one issue right after the other. First I don’t understand the getting started guide at all. It uses terns like points which I don’t get at all. Then it talks about a white vertical line in an illustration that I didn’t see.

I have no idea what the differences are between joyfunscript and openfunscript and which I should be using.

I downloaded joyfunscripter and couldn’t get it to open the .rar file (I had to download winzip to do it)

Now, anytime I try to open a video in joyfunscript, I get error messages saying couldn’t detect framerate and something about the stream couldn’t be opened or sourced from uri or whatever.

At this point I don’t know if I can do this or not. I may just have to leave this to the pros.

1 Like

Hello!

This opening videos issue is pretty common and should be fixed by downloading this two things here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Let me know, if it works or if there are any more problems.
Feel free to ask, if you need any help with anything.

Also, please read the instructions from where you downloaded JFS. The quote below is from that post. Many common issues have been asked about in the same thread already so it could be valuable to scroll down and have a look at the discussions there. However, @Slibowitz response above will probably be enough to solve your problem.

System requirements

• Windows operating system
  • .NET Framework 4.6.2
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3
  • LAV or K-Lite Video codecs

Do you have problems opening or playing videos? Try installing this:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.