Web based scripting tool

Havent used this tool yet, but I am here to say THANKS! it appears very easy and intuitive to use.

I understand. Im mostly interested to use it to quickly create additional axis for multi-scripts.

@et232man
For the arrow keys, if you place the time marker where there is no keyframe and press either the up or down arrow key, it will add a keyframe there, based on the current position. If you place it where there is a keyframe, it will change the position by 10 each press of either up or down. You can also hold down to move it multiple steps.

So the idea is that you can hold down Control to step frames, and then up and down to mark positions, so you can just use the arrow keys for scripting, instead of having to jump between the mouse and arrow keys.

As for running out of free hours. For Heroku where I host my applications, you have to pay at least $7 a month for each application if you want to keep them always running. Otherwise they will go to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity, and if they’re have been running for too many hours, they go down.

I’m fine with paying $7, but if something isn’t used enough, it’s not really worth it. I’m also not interested in any kind of donations, as there are usually problems that comes with that.

As for sharing the code, I originally worked on this as a pet project, so I just wanted it to be something I could do anything I want with. However, now I have pretty much moved on to other things, so if I were to share it, I would make it open source.

@Jupiter
You’re welcome! Please let me know if you end up making any scripts with it.

@xAliasGo
So you would use the tracking features to track a face going side to side, for example? I could see the tool being fairly useful for that, but I think it would run into the same issue there, where it isn’t quite accurate enough.

@notSafeForDev

Ah right, thanks for the full explanation of the arrow keys etc. That sounds like a really useful feature! Will definitely give that a go as my mouse work is sometimes a bit off, or if a mistake is made the arrow key option sounds like a good way to fix things up.

Thanks also for paying the $7 for this to stay up. Note if you do ever want a donation, hit me up.

Good idea re open sourcing the tool at some stage in the future!

I used to be a software developer like 20 years ago, so have a rudimentary understanding of coding etc, and I love tinkering especially with cloud apps etc, so I’d love to be able to set up and run some of these tools one day.

Re my scripts made to date, I’ve so far only created a few short scripts from a couple of short clips that I have then put into loops. But I’ll certainly share anything that is half decent.

Thanks again for your work and effort on this tool!

et232man

This is really cool! A good way to try scripting on MacOS. Thanks.

Mind open-sourcing your work on this? We can combine efforts. We’re like humping doorknobs here.

@notSafeForDev I have now made four scripts with Funscripter Lite and plan to make more. It’s a great little tool and my only option really with a Mac.

A small improvement suggestion that would make scripting way faster is being able to press number keys to set stroke position. For example number key 7 for position 70.

You don’t seem to develop it so open sourcing would probably make sense. Thank you for making this!

Thanks for using it! You’re right, I haven’t touched it in a while, so that’s a good idea. When I get back after the holidays I’ll look at making it open source.

1 Like