What are you using to play funscript and VR

Hi all, actually i’m juste using 2d videos and there funscripts with scriptPlayer on windows with a launch. But I’m seeing a lot of VR script passing and looking very good. I’m wondering what is your setup for VR video. There is some Vr headset + app working with IOS or the best way is an headset connected to computer ? Less expensive better it ez :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got an Oculus Go. Because it can’t tether to a computer, I use the SLR app, which syncs with my Handy without a smartphone proxy. I just side-load all my scripts to the headset, then I’ve got a DNLA Kodi server on my computer so I can stream any of my local VR or 2D media over my local network. (I also have my top 5-10 favorite VR scenes stored locally on my Go) As soon as the video starts playing, SLR sends the script to my Handy and after a few seconds, it starts up.

I don’t doubt that more expensive VR setups with direct PC tethering are much nicer but I’m pretty happy with my setup and don’t feel an urgent need to upgrade at this time. Sometimes depending on the size and encode of the video file it might stutter over my local wifi, so for some vids I’ll also have a 1600p version in my collection for smooth wireless playback. Also sometimes it loses connection and I have to toggle the wifi off and on, on my Go. So those are the downsides of the Go.

With the Launch, SLR says you need to use their smartphone app as a proxy. I’ve never tried that. I believe the people with tethered VR use Scriptplayer on their PC to play videos and control their Launch/Handy/etc, but I’m not very familiar with how that works either.

Edit: It used to be that you could find Oculus Gos for ~$130 but since Oculus discontinued them, the few remaining for sale have gone way up in price, so it might be worth it to get the nicer Oculus Quest.

3 Likes

I read some lines about SLR app on oculus go but I’m read that it’s not really easy to use on IOS (SLR not on app store). Anyone using Oculus go and iphone to play funscript on launch ?

1 Like

SLR Interactive is in the App Store. I just checked. (At least in the US where I am)

1 Like

I use Oculus Quest and SLR App with the Handy or OSR2. Before that i also used a launch and a smartphone with a second smartphone as proxy with SLR Interactive app.

2 Likes

You can use the iphone with SLR Interactive to control the launch, that works.

1 Like

What a surprise slr interactive is again available for me on the app store. Oculus go seems to be the best deal. It’s easy to run local videos with there script ? Maybe possible throught the oculus slr app ? Sorry for all the questions i’m not at ease with vr tech

1 Like

You can copy the video and the script to the Go (same name except extension) in the same folder and play it in SLR app.

1 Like

Well with all those informations it’s time to start the vr adventure. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

no problem, i’m sure you won’t regret it, i love vr!

1 Like

I am rocking the Oculus Quest and OSR2. I Stream with ALVR Steam Server and JFS using Whirligig. Makes for a nice experience.

Can confirm the Quest is bangin.

2 Likes

I’ve been curious how this works, in case I ever want to upgrade to a Quest at some point. I’m not too familiar with ALVR or Whirligig, so, do you need to take your headset off and fiddle on your computer to open the video and script files and hit play, then put the headset back on? Or is there a VR interface that you can use to browse the media on your PC and simply hit play and the script auto-loads? I’m just wondering how streamlined the experience is because I often like switching videos mid-session and too much fiddling would put a damper on things.

1 Like

Yeah, you can swap videos part way through and still have the appropriate script attached. At least in Whirligig, DeoVR, and SLR App. Never used ALVR, not sure about that one.

The interface is a file browser that can be used with a VR controller or mouse/keyboard. VR controller feels the most natural to me, but I have used the keyboard/mouse when my controller batteries died.

1 Like

That’s helpful, thanks! If figured it was probably pretty streamlined but wanted to make sure.

1 Like

To confirm, once ALVR is launched and connected on both the PC and Quest you will be in the Steam VR home. Then Launch Whirligig through JFS, you will need to purchase Whirligig on steam, inside Whirligig you can navigate the folders on your PC. Once you are fapping you will not need to remove the headset to play videos, you may need to be able to reach out and grab your mouse. I didn’t have the patience to get my controller back in the loop after it stopped working for some reason.

1 Like

I have an Oculus Quest

To make it work:
Virtual Desktop - Oculus quest store
Virtual Desktop - Sidequest patch to make it work
Virtual Desktop Streamer - Program in windows to connect trough wifi
Whirligig - steam version (can’t get oculus version to work properly)
ScriptPlayer

Took me some time initially to figure out how to make it work, but now it works flawlessly.

5 Likes

I don’t always VR but when I do I use Samsung Odyssey + on Windows with ScriptPlayer and Whirlygig. There’s no exact mapping for the Odyssey controllers but you can get the basics to work.

1 Like

I have a setup very similar to eleven, but note it’s spelled Whirligig.
I don’t bother with the VR controller, I just use my keyboard.

1 Like

With the Quest you can also use Virtual Desktop and the SLR Windows App or DeoVR (and then go to www.sexlikereal.com) and play the videos on your pc. I dont like whirlygig very much, so i go this way.

2 Likes