Would anybody be interested in a detailed tutorial video series on how to script?

I think the OFS side is already pretty well covered in a different tutorial on here. Personally I would be more interested in scripting specific actions like mentioned in the OP.

2 Likes

While true and these guides are of course really good, I still would like to cover the basics in the first episode. There is also additional stuff I would like to talk about, that hasn’t been mentioned in these tutorials.

Is there anybody with an account on vkontakte, who could help me out and upload the first episode there, once it’s done? I would like to add to FapTap, for streaming, because I think more people would watch it, when it’s available as a stream. I will still provide a mega link for people, who want to download it.

1 Like

hi, you can send me a link, I will upload the video to VK, in the evening when I’m at home

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I will text you, onceI am done.

The first, or how I called it “Episode 0” episode would be ready.
Before making the actual thread for it, I will leave it here for reviewing.

So, if anybody has some time, I’d be very grateful if somebody can review it and check if it’s good, all the Information I provide are correct, there are no spelling mistakes, all the things are explained well enough and it’s understandable and the overall viewer experience is good.

There is some light background music I put in, but when the actual explanations are starting, I muted it. Or should the music play all the time? Thought it could be a bit annoying.

I will release the episode later today, if everything is good with it.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Have seen the whole video.

Good:
Production value is good
You show mostly every single step for even the most basic user

Neutral:
No subtitles for everything

Not so good:
Way too long. It’s way quicker and with more explanations about the stroke speed and length in currently available written guides
Importing movies especially VR videos and setting the view is important, but it would be way more important to show how to prepare your files for easy scripting (lowering resolution and framerate)

It’s a good video, but I would rather read a guide than to watch the tutorial episode 0, but it’s a start.

1 Like

Thank very much for the detailed feedback and for your time watching the video.

Was thinking about them, but decided against it. Will take space away and I would need to find a way to generate them. I think Davinci Resolve can add them automatically now, but I am not sure. But I think the TTS voice is clean enough and everybody understands English good enough to understand the script.

17 minutes is too long? Really? It’s not really that long in my opinion. My goal was to stick under 20 minutes. And for written guides: Yeah, sure. Everybody can decide what they want to use. I prefer video guides over written guides, but that’s because I hate reading and prefer videos.

I never did that. Never changed resolution, rarely changed framerate from 60 to 30, whenever I was too lazy to script a 60 fps video. And I am not even recommending doing that. I can only teach, what I know and did.
Also, I think that is a more advanced thing, which I don’t would want to cover in an introduction episode. Maybe that’s something for later in an advanced showcase episode.

Fair enough. As I said, everybody can use what guide they want. This is just an offer and for people, who prefer video guides. If people don’t like it and prefer reading, that’s ok and then I won’t need to make a video guide. Because it’s a enormous amount of work and I can spend the time somewhere else.

You should mention that the installation you describe is for Windows only. Linux and MacOS cannot use your installation guide.

The first choice should be to try the AVX version since most modern CPU:s support the instructions provided by AVX. The non-AVX version is mainly for those that run on some odd or very old CPU.

I don’t recommend installing LAV filters unless you really need them. All codec packs tend to cause issues for many, often due to conflicts of having conflicting codecs installed. I only use the HEVC addon from Microsoft app store to get h265 support and nothing else.

I’m also uncertain about the need for VS2015 since that is Microsoft specific and OFS can be compiled for many platforms.

Could the LAV and VS C++ redist 2015 be a mixup with JFS that at least require VS C++ redist 2015. BTW, VS C++ redist 2015 has been replaced by VS C++ redist 2015-2022. The pure 2015 version might not be up to date and may contain security vulnerabilities.

OFS is not pinned in the software section, at least not for me.

When you go through the window overview, why not load a video and a script so you actually see data as an example. I believe it is difficult for a new scripter to understand what statistics, modes, chapters etc. are, hence the information provides little value this early in the video. At least that is my experience from making presentations and demos at work.

More scripters should use the metadata window so disabling it for new projects is a bad recommendation in my opinion.

You should consider to add that new scripters should probably avoid videos with blowjobs as well as avoiding obstructed or long videos as their first videos if possible.

I personally don’t step one frame back as you describe in the video. I actually do the opposite when I don’t set it on the very top. I do this because down movement in videos are often a bit faster the up movements so you might want a higher speed down. I also don’t want to feel the device start moving before I visually experience the girl to start moving down so that also motivates me not to move backwards when setting the top point. However, this is where personal preferences comes in I guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicely done! I think it covers most important parts and don’t think it’s too long.

You are mentioning too fast movement but I think too slow is also valid to mention, I think it is harder to handle than too fast. But this could maybe be a separate episode on how to script accurately/for pleasure.

I personally don’t step one frame back as you describe in the video. I actually do the opposite when I don’t set it on the very top. I do this because down movement in videos are often a bit faster the up movements so you might want a higher speed down. I also don’t want to feel the device start moving before I visually experience the girl to start moving down so that also motivates me not to move backwards when setting the top point. However, this is where personal preferences comes in I guess :slight_smile:

Totally agree with this :point_up_2:

1 Like

Reencoding a 60fps VR videos to 30fps through Funexpander cuts down the time to script a lot. Manually scripting is way way quicker and if you use Motion Trackers the speed increases a lot too. Changing resolution is recommended for people with older machines. It’s one of the quickest ways to improve scripting speed especially for manually scripting.

As for me, a 17 minute tutorial video with slow information makes it incredible uninteresting. I changed the speed to 1.5x and it’s a lot more enjoyable and engaging imo.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Based on the feedback I think it’s best to not release it and to not continue on working on this series. It seems it’s lacking too much.

Was worth a try I guess.

Just don’t give up. Making good training material takes a lot of effort. That’s why video material is hard. Editing a written guide is so much easier in comparison.

You might consider posting a manuscript to get feedback before actually do all the hard work with the video parts, much like when film makers shoot a film. They have the manuscript and make a storyboard based on that before actual shooting any scenes.

3 Likes

Definitely agree on the framerate, when i first started scripting i downloaded the Joyfunscripter and it defaulted to 30 FPS and i didn’t know that. Ended up putting out 2 total dogshit scripts because i had no idea how to fix it for 60 FPS replay. 100% not noobie friendly

Just watched “Episode 0”, and learned a few things that probably appeared in a written tutorial, but just failed to sink in. So the vid did what i needed to do, and was explained well enough for a numpty like me, and got me to revisit OFS and put some of it into practice.

For a first run at a video tutorial, you’ve done a pretty good job. It seems a little long, though, and it may be worth splitting it into the “Find and Install OFS” part, followed by the First run and setup of OFS.

Pease don’t give up on doing this series. I have the creative ability of a rock, and I’m sure that there are many other, more capable, fledgling scripters that have been hoping for some insight into how to script the more complex stuff, and how veteran scripters, like yourself, view and handle those parts of scripts.

Thank you for putting the time and effort into helping us wannabe scripters. I, for one am looking forwards to seeing this tutorial project come to life.

2 Likes

Thank you the video was excellent.

Did this ever get done? It would be cool to learn how to do this!

i aggree @digbickmane42069

Need help finding already made scripts on here: Almost found all. Sooo close worth looking at in my opinion

Yes, see here: