Would it be worth it to have a new category/tag for subscription based scripts?

Paid scripts seems to be a mix of individual purchase or subscription based paid scripts. Would it make sense for an added category/sub-category or tag to differentiate how you can acquire a script?

2 Likes

Personally it wouldn’t change anything in how I use the forum. Once I see a script I like and it happens to be a paid one, I look at the price and platform.
If it’s subscription based I look at the scripter’s other paid scripts to see if there are other scripts I’d like which would justify a higher price tag of being subscribed for a month.
Usually however, people set their prices low enough that a subscription for a month is worth it for a single script I actually am interested in.

This feels like it would be better off in Site Feedback rather than general… :eyes:

Also I feel like there should always be a way to purchase a singular item/script instead of ‘rent’ it so having a way to tell which topic has which so I can mute it or not would be useful. (Sorry I’m on that side of the internet of where if I purchase a game/software I’d rather own it for life)
Though if it’s subscription to access an archive or collection…then instead I think of it more so in the frame of it being supporting the creator (like joining their Patreon, SubscribeStar) especially if said archive/collection is being constantly updated.

So in short it depends on what the subscription is giving as to what use I’d have for using the tag.