DEOVR no more interactive feature?

You can’t really expect me to give support for every third-party device and software that’s out there. We have no control over it or can fix issues that are not ours. Nor can I follow up on every piece of software some one puts on github.

SLR/DeoVR app versions older than 9.8 will no longer work with scripts due to security updates. If your device can’t update to 9.8 ask the device manufacturer to update their firmware/add support for it.

I’ve been using the SLR app on daydream with a pixel 3 for the screen and I can still stream video and connect handy but for some reason it no longer sends the scripts or displays the blue icon on any video with an interactive script even if I’ve already purchased it.

1 Like

Mhmmm thought it was through both the feelconnect app and DEOVR but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help with what you can @Rakly3

For everyone else still having issues with slr interactive app and that has the Quest → Can you guys try this method a user just reported being able to work by sideloading the slr interactive apk directly onto the quest and report back if it helps?

1 Like

I just upgraded my slr subscription to include scripts and now the interactive button disappeared on all my videos, even for all the scripts that I bought before upgrading. Using deovr on the oculus go and now I’m paying more and can’t use any scripts. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

The whole interactive subscription was a shady mess from the beginning. You guys should request refund if it’s not working after all those months.

From the somewhat vague comments on their forum it seems they added security for the streaming scripts, and I think that’s probably smart… But they are leaving a whole bunch of subs in the lurch for an issue that they do not need to probably immediately address. So with v.10 if you have an old device you are basically screwed if you can’t update. There may just be no way to secure streaming scripts for old devices and I get that they don’t want people to rip the streaming ones, but it’s verging on a bit of an overreaction, especially doing it so quickly and with little notice. Although I guess they don’t want to say ‘hey scripts are super easy to capture so we are fixing it in 2 weeks’ lol.

So they are in a quandary, is it worth ruining the customer experience for people using old or unsupported devices (like maybe the OSR??? set up in certain ways from what I’ve seen) to protect their IP RIGHT NOW. IDK maybe, if their is a way to code without messing up those devices but it takes longer a few more weeks probably wouldn’t hurt. Guess we’ll see how it plays out.

1 Like

download the videos instead of streaming them and use newer devices…u can literally get a good vr headset for like 300 nowadays and hard drives are super cheap as well…streaming is nowhere near as good as downloading the video and watching it

Getting your money or some equivalence thereof of what was spent back would involve someone taking an ethical approach to maintain their reputation. Not sure if they see it that way, would I be surprised if this didn’t resolve itself and my money spent pretty much now is some guys stream of income…no.

Not that I disagree with you, but they have been pretty clear about what devices are supported, I think that’s where they fall. I mean, I think they pulled the trigger pretty quick with this security patch and to the detriment of customers who ARE PAYING, just to stop a few pirates. I get it, but putting the DRM before the customer has proven to be a losing model in the west, JAV does it and most people just pirate their stuff, even things they paid for since their experience is so shitty.

They advertise their service as working with 150 devices or so. If they don’t deliver it’s clearly false advertising and anyone have full rights to demand a refund. Looking at how long it took them to allow exisitng customers to get interactive sub I don’t see a working service for at least a few months if at all. The best way to speed things up is always to vote with your wallet.

You are kidding, right? Everything seemed to work until recently so it’s not the fault of the headset but the service. Why would people spend 1000 bucks for the new headset and NAS system if they could play it on their current setup.

It appears the problem only emerges for older versions of Deo which were discontinued for technical reasons. Make sure to update your DeoVR or SLR app to the most recent version.

Hey guys - we made a step by step guide to install SLR interactive directly onto your Quest 2 that is possible now (no need for android/iOS device)

Hopefully it helps alot of guys out → How To Connect Your Sex Toys directly to Quest 2 with DEOVR/SLR app (No need for any additional device!)