Ditch the mandatory tags

Not interested in doing that.

2 Likes

Don’t ditch the mandatory tags

It’s makes it far simpler to look for something that you’re looking for

If we give up on those now, as this place grows it’ll get so untidy

3 Likes

Perhaps instead; allow users to suggest tags after the fact. This allows public moderation of tags and reduces the burden on folks who are already doing a lot of work by contributing to the community with scripts.

4 Likes

Yeah, if somebody wants to go through and tag my scripts that is fine… If I am forced to tag my own work (hours of work)…I will choose the first tag that pops up.

1 Like

I was actually hoping I could have the option to go through and add tags…all opposed and all for? I got you @jacecolm

1 Like

I’m down with the idea of crowd-sourcing tags so the poster doesn’t have to (if they don’t want to).
How this will have to be done is by giving certain power users a higher trust level and allowing them to edit posts/tags as well as create their own tags.

@M0SAIC mods already have the ability to edit other people’s posts

2 Likes

I don’t really care re: tags but don’t think they should be mandatory. I almost tagged my last video as “furry” out of spite because I had difficulty finding one that fit and it wouldn’t let me post without tagging :confused:

2 Likes

This was discussed but hidden/hard to follow in the other thread about tags. I will revert it and do what I said in my previous post right now

1 Like

There is another site that requires tags but that is not my topic. The topic that is important is that any user can add and vote on tags (from the list) with both pro and con votes allowed on any tag. No magical powers required. After the tags receive votes the tally is displayed with each tag. Users can decide if the tag is valid by the site user’s votes.

1 Like

mmmm I don’t think I have too much control over tagging unfortunately. Doubt I’d be able to do that.

1 Like