DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

I will probably do the same setup because it’s working in all position. Just have to found a way to print it.

It’s very user friendly now. You can move The Handy in every possible position. You can just find someone in a printer Facebook group to print it?

1 Like

Bed solution:

This laptop bed desk https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-RAINBEAN-Portable-Workstation-Ergonomic/dp/B086DX4NJG

Add a waterbottle holder, bolt it through the desk heat vent holes, adjust the desk leg height appropriately, use a zip tie for the top of the handy, done. You can add weight or whatever, with no weight it can bounce a bit which is often not a bad thing.

1 Like

You have a pic of that setup ?

What actually also works quite well as a freehand solution when lying down is a heavy large eiderdown / quilt. The thing can be well formed and compressed by folding. With a little trial and error, you can position the Handy so that it moves little or not at all. In addition, the blanket has a sound-dampening effect.

I have something similar and it works quite well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089GPHSLP/
Maybe you already have such a thing lying around at home.

il_1588xN.2446779881_h623
I just loop 2 D ring belts to make an adjustable belt that holds the top on the handy and secures the device down and use a pillow the prevent it from tipping towards me. Standing it usually works with no assistance, gravity keeps it in place.

You roll up a large quilt into a cylinder than you tape above and below the handy around the cylindrical blanket rolled up at desired height. Rest the butt end of the rolled up blanket on your abdomen.

1 Like

I’ve been doing a simple setup for hands free (Lying down, in bed) for quite a while and figured I’d share it here if anyone is interested. A lot of pullup bars use a similar design which allows you to fit your legs through while placed on a bed and do hands free easily. I use a pullup bar similar to this one (https://www.amazon.ca/ProsourceFit-Foldable-Doorway-Trainer-Exercise/dp/B08B1DXWH7/ref=sr_1_56?keywords=pull+up+bar&qid=1650695758&sprefix=pull+u%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-56) along with the multi-angle vice which has been discussed in this thread before. I’m posting that link as an example. The pullup bar I use was much less expensive and I’m sure there are other lower-priced ones out there

3 Likes

Hands free couch mount $6.49

Simple long clamp

This works on a couch with sections. Load up your handy and place the clamp between the sections.
PXL_20220423_065431999
PXL_20220423_065553731
PXL_20220423_065317721
PXL_20220423_065340889

8 Likes

IMG-0851

Personally, I like this Multi-Axis Vice (Price ranges $20-60; I got mine for $30) mounted to my desk with my desk chair. My chair can fold almost 180 degrees so I can be sitting or laying at almost any angle.

No other tools or stuff needed to mount the Handy. You just need to line it up correctly so the wifi button is barely unobstructed and tighten slowly until it is firmly attached to the clamp (do not over tighten unless you plan on cracking the clamshell).

You can also flip it upside down and angle it so you can have a hands free standing experience.

Also the FL Flight series works perfectly and does not slow down the Handy or pose the issues found with the full sized FLs (smaller & much lighter than the full sized FLs but still give you full-ish coverage). I own the entire Flight series and personally recommend the FL Flight Aviator.

9 Likes

I’ve got one of these but it makes so much noise that I rarely get to use it. Shakes my desk to the point it’s audible on the floor below. Sounds like I’m on a running machine.

buying the little tablet stand and paying a site like craftcloud to 3d print the attachment have been the best solution for me, probably $35 spent toal

Any chance you could post a picture?

Depending on your surroundings, velcro. Although the motor at the top can warm the adhesive and make it unstick unless you use a large strip on the smoother part of the plastic area around a good portion of the diameter. Might be a way to incorporate a velcroed metal bracket or angle piece in between the Handy and the right spot for mounting the setup according the the video its for. I lucked out with spots on my desk to mount both vertically and horizontally. Be careful with a horizontal mount because the Handy might need to sit ‘face’ down with the slider exposed. Excess lube can drip into the inside. I use the True grip Gen 2 Sleeve, it has a lip on the inside at the opening that helps. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi all,

this is my first post. I have silently enjoyed this community and all it has to offer. The Handy is truly a great product, and I’m glad to see such a beautiful inventions regarding the hands-free control of The Handy. it really takes the device to a next level.

I also invented something while I was at home in quarantine. I thought it’d be my turn to give something, a smile at least, since the inventions here tend to be very high tech! My invention consists only of stuff I had laying around my house.

So, behold, my hands-free Handy invention, The Milkmaid.

It includes:
1x a plastic industrial milk box,
2-4x pillows,
2x silk cravats,
1x leather guitar strap

A pillow is placed on the bottom of the box and then The Handy is tightened with the cravats (the cravat’s can be tied on the bottom of the box, since the box’s bottom is a plastic grid. At this point, the hands-free box is already fantastically working solution. It could be used while laying down or sittting on top of the box in squat position (I attached one body pillow under my thighs to make it extra comfy.)

However, I wanted to make it even better by attaching one more pillow under the cravats’ knots, so The Handy is placed more firmly and aligned a little better (it’s tilted more upwards, secured that any skin doesn’t interfere with the motor’s movement). Lastly, I added a guitar strap so I can use it while standing. It’s like selling donuts at a football tournament, or something like that, but instead of having shitty time selling donuts and wasting my life, I’m making love with the sexiest industrial milk box ever!

I still think squatting is the most enjoyable position with The Milkmaid, it’s like taking a relaxing dump, but better.

Here are pictures:

The Milkmaid:
BreadBasketHandyInvention

Side:
IMG_20220506_172248

Bottom:
IMG_20220506_174541

Standing with The Milkmaid attached:
IMG_20220506_175052

Squatting on the The Milkmaid:
IMG_20220506_175115

Hope you enjoyed my invention and I encourage everyone to try to build their own! It’s quite simple and really fun.

8 Likes

Hahahaha! Fappers should work for NASA.

3 Likes

Someone already try to work on a handfree stand that is fixed to you chest or hips to work on all position ?

Haha, that’s true, we have some Apollo 13 level shit right here :rofl: It’s a good thing of course.

2 Likes

After experimenting with a lot of different handsfree setups, including designs with 3d-printed parts as well as designs that use no 3d-printed parts at all, these are the two I like the best.

For a bed or couch, I’m now using this fully adjustable (on the fly) design that allows for the buttons to be facing me.
2022.adjustable.handsfree.mount

Handsfree Mount for the Handy by bafangit - Thingiverse

Here’s a desk mount that’s fully adjustable but also very solid:
magic.arm.mount.with.clamp
Download free STL file Handy Clamp for Magic Arm (Handsfree Mount for Desk/Table) • 3D print template • Cults (cults3d.com)

7 Likes

I designed a 3d printed mount for the Handy that connects to a GoPro chest mount. I can share the file with anyone who wants it.