DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

TheHandy devs recommend to not use the device with buttons facing away because of safety concerns and on reddit there are people that have severely injured themselves with the device

From what i’ve read the Handy team was supposed to release the ‘full’ hands-free product by the end of august 2022 and then they postponed it to the end of this year.

From what i understand they arent happy with the fully hands free product so they released this add-on in the meantime. I am expecting them to release the full product.

Although when i try to find the blogposts they made about this i cant find anything anymore…

Got this from Amazon.
It definitely doesn’t work well horizontally, but vertically it seems fine. My setup doesn’t use a traditional chair so I gotta see.

There is plenty of DIY solution designed by the Handy community in the official server. One guy even dsigned their own mount cap models for 3d printing.

(make sure you read about it in the discord before printing)

Aside from using a ‘cap’ you can also use a 71mm tripod mount to grip the top of the Handy.
For a firm gip you’ll need some electrical tape / furniture dots / felt strips inside the ring.

Then for the stand, small rig magic arm worked for me as a set-up for desk.

@bafangit hand free is by far the best i have used.

1 Like

I’m waiting for my Handy to be delivered and I’m very excited about reading this thread (and this forum in general)! Many cool ideas here, I will most likely go for the Stanley MaxSteel vice solution, since it seems to be the simplest, most cost effective way to get started?

1 Like

whatever you do , do not buy the handsfree cup from handy … total rip off , it’s just the cup nothing more nothing less you still need to buy all the other provisions .
a other way to get handsfree is see on thingiverse for handsfree handy stuff and 3D print them yourself .
Way cheaper than the handsfree cup from handy.

Yeah, I’ve read about that…really disappointing that they don’t offer an actual handsfree kit (including mount) yet, just an overpriced adapter.

Hm…I guess I’d have to look more into 3D printing. Actually I never even thought about it since I don’t own a printer, but obviously I could outsource it. Doesn’t this get really expensive though?

i bought myself a Creality Ender 3 V2 and this prints magnificent things and wasn’t that expensive either 230 € and one roll of 1KG filament 1.75mm 20.95€ so in total 250.95€ and you can start printing :wink:

Haha, ok, I guess I’m out then lol! I don’t really have any other uses for a 3D printer, at least not to a degree that 250€ would be worthwhile. Anyway, sorry for going off topic here.

The problem is that handsfree has a lot of ways to achieve. And the main diffirences can already be standing, sitting and laying down which can all require the handy to be positioned diffirently.

(in a laying down situation you realy dont want the handy facing towards you with its buttons! your dick will drop toward the device then. yet in standing situations, its the inverse. and for sitting situations it depends on the way of sitting)

A good handsfree solution must be well adaptable, and this is exactly its issue, as its either not easy to make, or very expensive.

Thanks! :star_struck:

I picked up the Handsfree Mount, using a Joby GorillaPod 3K to hold it, works well for me

Yes, can you please link to those two products? (bottle holder and c-clamp)

This is the bottle holder: https://bbbcycling.com/nl_nl/bbc-41-fastcage
And this is the clamp: Caruba Multi Functional Tough C-Clamp Mount (table clamp)!

1 Like

Question: Whenever I tried using a full fleshlight with the handy in horizontal position like you, the whole thing slows down on the upstrike motion. Downstrike appears normal.
Do you have a special Fleshlight “Superleggera” edition like a Lamborghini?

I’m using the Fleshlight Go, the diameter is a lot smaller and it weighs less so it doesn’t make the Handy struggle

Add grip and girth to the top or bottom of the handy.

5 Likes

Nice find!

I use to use the tablet arm mount but they were pretty fragile over time. I recently put together what I consider to be my end game mount. I purchased some camera hardware (flex arm, ball head and a cheese plate) mounted that to an old shelf which Im weighing down with a weighted blanket. You need either the handy 1/4" mount or a 3d printed head mount but this solution has been working very well for about two weeks and is still as good as new.