DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

I have a new handsfree design if anyones interested

im curious, could you show it here?

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Are you meant to put a belt/strap through the “finger” holes of that plastic hand? The render just makes it looks like the whole thing is head in place by the model’s rock hard abs :joy::joy::joy:

Yep :slight_smile:

I didn’t draw in the belt as it should be obvious and as a bit of a psychology hack, people like things more when its easy for them to get and this positive aha imagining of it makes them more likely to try it. Like doing a easy maths equation and feeling good for being able to figure it out - e.g. if 2/3 = 100/ x … what is x?

I have explained more in the thingiverse description and similarly many times over in the handy discord where I am more active as its easier for me to respond there.

2 Likes

I’ll just say this too … For standing or laying - wear the belt around the waist. For sitting, angle the belt under the middle of buttocks or lower to anchor down. The wedge piece is also optional for varying angles up or down, incline or decline, whatever you are inclined or decline to do - more so for the cowgirl positions though.

1 Like

not gonna lie, that actually looks like it could work quite well haha

2 Likes

Looks brilliant, but that pose fucking kills me lol.

1 Like

it still needs to be tested out - the previous version, the i love you hand, could slightly rock when laying down when long fast strokes from the handy would create a bit of a sea like bobbing. I actually liked that sensation though for those who want it more stable and secure, simply tighten up the belt as much as possible. If that doesn’t work, try out the revised head and shoulders version coming soon - Hopefully next week.

This is really cool and all, but what I really need to know is where are we with a battery adapter for the Handy? I’ve currently got a bunch of sealed lead acid batteries that I’ve “harvested” from the golf carts down at the “junk yard.” I’m working on a vest type unit with maybe two on the chest and two on the back. If we could get this sucker to run 10 or 12 hours off those golf cart batteries, I might be able to get some work done around the house.

2 Likes

You can use a molle pouch on the tactical belt to hold a rechargeable battery pack - I’ve posted about it before. Lasts for about 3hrs.

1 Like

Yeah I could see how that could work. It’s still 7 to 9 hours short though. The weight of the SLA batteries is also why I was going for a vest unit. In order to move about properly and get my work done the weight of the batteries need to be balanced with an equal number in the front and the back. These sons-a-guns are heavy! Let me tell you it was no picnic getting these little boogers back to the homestead from the “junk yard” in the middle of the night!

1 Like

Maybe you could have a spare battery pack in an additional molle pouch to switch out as needed but yeah, 6 hrs + of handy use…you should be in the Guinness world records

1 Like

I just have a lot of work that needs to be done around the house.

2 Likes

Is thing supposed to be suctioned onto my lower abdomen? How does it stay in place?

I know the feeling but cannot multi-task well enough as to have the handy working away while i for example, put laundry away etc. Anyhow kudos to ya

1 Like

You can add it to a waistbelt throught the belt slots in the fingers. A tactical belt with a quick release buckle works best.

2 Likes

A bit like this… for a belt and battery method

1 Like