Don't update Deovr on quest! No longer free to use Handy on your own scripts. Help?

I added it to my Steam when I picked up a bunch of other players (Simple VR Video Player, Whirlygig, etc) to test video playback back in 2018. My mistake on the cost. However, my point still stands about features being removed and put behind a paywall. It’s a good way to piss people off.

1 Like

I don’t understand. You can get access to script syncing on DeoVR for less than the price of Whirlgig, But still DeoVR is the bad guy, even though the app itself is free.

@anon83863909

The point is, I bought Deovr years ago

No you did not. DeoVR has always been free.

1 Like

Even with your local files, you are still using SLR’s server. That was my point.

And my point is you aren’t helping so stfu

I tried to be cool but you’re gettin on my nerves bruh. I’m not the one.

1 Like

I have to make sure other readers have correct information instead of the misinformation you give. So, I am helping.

You are SLR’s employee, aren’t you? This forum is getting sad, soon we will have posts where 4 SLR’s employees praise their service to each other.

It could be a good idea if people affiliated with services gets a flair like on reddit, or if it’s not possible maybe they could have their usernames replaced with “Username (Service)”, like “Rakly3 (SLR Official)”.

1 Like

Man shut up!!! That is NOT what you were doing. There was no misinformation and you didn’t clear anything up! You’re over here talking about who’s servers we are using trying to justify the costs and all I was letting people know was that if they don’t have money to pay for the service then they shouldn’t update. But you are really pissing me off!!!

Get off my post with that bs. I’m trying not to get back to my violent ways but man you are testing me. Leave me alone and get off my damn post with with your unhelpful slr fanboy crap.

Like dude said, if you work for them and are trying to justify your charging for something that was originally free then make that clear like doublevr did. So we can judge you accordingly. Now leave me the fuck alone!!!

Or maybe I should just launch a campaign talking about your service!

Exactly, he’s just over here causing bad vibes in a place we should be chill and enjoying life. And he isn’t the swiftest because he doesn’t realize he’s annoyance is causing people (specifically me) to have an extremely negative experience with his company. Even when they originally offered their service for free and with no warning pulled that service away and forced it on it’s users. Not cool.

Hi.
I have bought script but can’t get the DeoVR player playing local videos to function with neither SLRinteractive or Haptics connect anymore. (I have a Android VR phone setup)
It worked up until a couple of weeks ago.

With the old SLR interactive app i can’t login anymore, that also stopped working a couple of weeks ago. With a newer app i can login but playing local videos in DeoVR won’t make the Launch move.

With newer SLR interactive or Haptics connect the app can login and connect to Launch and works in “manual mode”. But still no movement when playing local files in DeoVR.

I really need to have it working local cause slow Internet connection.
Sincerely A

You should sort this out with SLR support in my opinion. Deo used to work with most devices in the past, but right now I’m really confused if it works with other headsets than Quest 2 and headsets using SteamVR.

Definitely create a support ticket, it will be much faster than looking for help here as SLR knows their software.

If you are using Gear VR or Oculus Go then these versions of DeoVR no longer talk to the haptics app. It does however still work with the handy. Gear Vr and Oculus Go stopped being actively supported by facebook about 18 months ago and SLR about 12 months ago.

If you have a PC or Laptop with bluetooth you can use scriptplayer instead of the haptics app. Scriptplayer has DeoVR support although it takes a little bit of playing with to get it to recognise your files on the fly.

I have grabbed the (supposedly - did not test) working file and hosting it here

On an additional note, it sucks that DLNA is being turned off. This will only increase piracy.
I use DLNA on my jellyfin server. The fact that using my own hardware and network bandwidth I own is becoming a recurring software license is quite frankly criminal in my opinion.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have the knowledge to assist you. Sorry it’s not working for you either. Like someone else suggested maybe contact slr support? I don’t work for slr and have stopped using the app since the update that stopped me being able to use the handy.

Thanks to someone on here I tried out heresphere and it works great for me. Maybe give that a go, although I’m on an oculus quest 2 and not sure how well it works with your android phone setup. But hey, give it a shot and let me know if that helps. I’ll keep checking back here periodically to see if it worked for you and try to get you a solution if I can.

Yeah I feel you. Thankfully my new setup does work with my local files. Using heresphere, my laptop and the handy. Not using dlna for my local files but with something called smb. It was pretty easy to setup tho. You can google it to see the process, pretty straight forward. Someone on one of the heresphere threads that I read on here said that in the future dlna might come to that app but for now the smb thing gets the job done for me.

Only issue I’ve had is when trying to adjust the delay it’s a different system than just sliding the delay to the left or right. But thankfully the sync has only
Been an issue on a couple vids and somehow corrected itself when I restarted the vid

SMB is fine. I use linux and samba isn’t a great solution for me. CIFS is fine on windows because you can map the drives to a letter which works perfect out of the box.

Samba on linux I’d need to add to fstab and mount it on boot, and probably won’t work with DEO because it only got it working with some hackery.

DLNA is perfect for me since it doesn’t have many different implementations of the protocol.
CIFS/Samba/APFS vs just DLNA

2 Likes

Wow yeah you definitely know more than me because I don’t know the most of that hackery you’re talking about. Lol.

I guess try the heresphere angle out and see?

So, I load the Script in scriptplayer on a PC and can play the VR video on DeoVR in Android?
How do they talk to each other? I don´t get it…
Thanks if you can explain a bit further.
/Ace

Script Player has the option to select what is playing the video. If you tell it that you are using Deo VR it will take the timings from Deo VR for the script. If you then move skip forward or back Script player does the same.

You may need to tell it the IP address for the device your using.

In settings > Players > Deo VR. then enter the ip address of the device followed by “:23554”

I SOLVED IT!
Follow the steps I outlined here.
No need for whirligig or scriptplayer or premiuim SLR or selling your organs to use DeoVR anymore.

You’re welcome