Easy Device Integration for Games. EDI Update [05/2024]

que integra

I really wish there were more games like Fallen Angel Marielle that worked with the handy using EDI. I’d even be interested in trying to “mod” some if I had any idea where to start. I’m not into the games that look like weird cartoon characters, at least Marielle looks kinda hot and “real” in a cartoon way.

My advice for getting started with modding is to first look for a game that has gameplay compatible for integration. Fallen Angel has a dynamic where you are constantly fuck enemies, or being fucked, which becomes more intense during boss fights. If you find a game with good interactivity, the next step would be to create a compilation video with all the elements. Also, if you find a good game, posting it in the community before you start can help you get assistance with the project and attract other enthusiasts.

Solved.
It seemed to have just been THIS specific version of EDI packaged with the demo, I downloaded another EDI from a post on here for a game and that worked.

Another thing, I’ve tried but this all goes WAY over my head, has anybody considered writing a version of this that works with Virt-A-Mate? I feel like this would work perfectly with it and massively enhance it overall - you say in the How-To post for EDI that you have to basically hack the game.

Virt-A-Mate has so many possibilities to potentially just trigger these changes, telling EDI exactly which funscript to play and when.

Hypothetically, somebody could write a Plugin for Virt-A-Mate that talks directly to EDI on a per-scene basis. If you’re not familiar with Virt-A-Mate that might not make sense, but to gloss over it quickly - Virt-A-Mate (VaM) is a game where people can make sex scenes in many different ways, the community create scenes, clothes, hairstyles, plugins, etc for each other to use.

I’ve thought about it a lot since coming across EDI, and if somebody was to create a Plugin for VaM where you could specify funscripts to play through triggers (when this thing happens, do this thing) it would bypass a lot of the “behind the scenes” that EDI has. There potentially wouldn’t need to be a definitions.csv as you could just call the funscripts directly within VaM via triggers. I don’t really know how it all works too well, so I might be making it sound a LOT easier than it would be to write this.

This use case is different to the way EDI was originally intended to be used obviously, but as I said it would be a game changer for VaM. There are Plugins that exist already to sync the Launch and Handy to the movement of in-game characters, but the tracking is so god damn awful that they’re not worth using. EDI support for VaM would open up so many new possibilities for interactivity with it.

where do i get this

So a little weirdness here:

Using the old edi.exe that comes with that mod, the scripts work; but if I update to the current edi.exe, the scripts don’t work.

Using a newer version of edi.exe I have from a different game (one that has the “ready” checkbox by the device, but not the script player bit at the bottom the newest version has…think I grabbed it like 2-3 weeks ago) the scripts work, so the issue is definitely with the newest version of edi.exe. (I haven’t tested the newest edi.exe with any of my other games)

Edi.exe doesnt run any kinda edi launcher, am i missing something?

can anyone help with why why edi doesnt work for me with the wifi option? it works with the handy with intiface, but when on wifi, it says ready, but nothing happens. i am using this integration:[Dieselmine] Milking Farm / Succubus Farm - EDI (v1.4.2) - #99 by ZeroScripts/ thank you. is there a difference with wifi or bluetooth in this case? i read on edi that i could select the detailed scripts
so i thought wifi would be the best option.

Try to open a EDI and connect the HANDY five minute before start playing in the game.

thank you, will try that later, i normally wait until the ready becomes a checkmark

@dimnogro Hello, I was after a pointer if known…Not a big issue, as I can workaround.

I use nordvpn, if i’m connected and open EDI - it cannot find my handy. If I disable my connection its all good. I tried adding edi.exe under splittunnel but no joy. wondered if you happen to know what or where i might need to tweak mysetup for it to work?

Currently I have to disable VPN if i want to use EDI. not end of world but be nicer to not have to do that.

Hi, I found a bug today that I’ve never seen before.
I tried the latest version of EDI, but it wouldn’t open, so I re-run version 1.4.2.

The 1.4.2 version was able to connect.

There is no response from http://localhost:5000/swagger/index.html.
Is it possible to find out what the problem is?

Please also review the issue with the latest EDI not opening.

Issue with the newest version. I want to use this with Mage Kanage, and Succubus farm. I put all the files in the right place, and then replace the EDI with the newest version, as instructed. EDI opens when I open the games, but my Lovense Max2 doesn’t react to the game when it’s supposed to. And if I try and reload the galleries, EDI crashes on me. Before the update, the versions that come with Succubus Farm and Mage Kanade will work for a bit, but when they try to loop patterns, Intiface gets an error, and my device loses connection to my PC.

I solved it, but another problem arose.
First, I solved the edi execution issue in the EdiConfig.json.

I need to have the gallery folder as an absolute path so the program doesn’t get an error.
I don’t know if this is an error in swagger or edi.

Also, this is a new discovery, the ready check is not activated.
It was working in the previous version.
Fortunately the funscript was uploaded to the handy and worked.

One line summary: Record the GalleryPath in EdiConfig.json as an absolute path.

1 Like

Hello, regarding the relative path, it generally needs to start with “./”, otherwise it might not be recognized correctly. As for the ready check, I did notice that it is not working. It’s an issue with the interface that I haven’t yet been able to fix, which at some point stopped refreshing the grid automatically. Thank you for the feedback and observations.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.
I said absolute paths because using “./Gallery” doesn’t seem to open 5000 ports.
In my system, I get “HTTP ERROR 404”.

It’s in Korean, but you can understand it by the web address and error code.

1 Like

Okay, I will check it.

1 Like

i upload a new version in the mega folder
let me know if it fix the problem

1 Like

“GalleryPath”: “/Gallery” didn’t work.
“GalleryPath”: “./Gallery” would be better.

swagger now also works well with relative paths.

The ready button still doesn’t work, but uploads seem to be faster. (maybe)

1 Like