Fun Expander 2.5.2 - Video converter with ffmpeg to i-frames added [Updated 2022-04-11]

The -g option works with all three versions of ffmpeg. The oldest one I have (and been using until all this came up) was built June 2019 so I think you should be safe to change -intra to -g 0 regardless. If people still use even older versions of ffmpeg then it is time for them to upgrade :wink:

New update to version 2.5.2 released, tested with ffmpeg v5 and an older version from 2020.

1 Like

20220504_194416
i am getting this error when i try and run batch. And not working at all when trying to run ffmpeg through fun expander. Whats my issue?

Fixed the post so that the image is shown properly.

And regarding the question. This is caused by the fact that the ffmpeg removed a command line option called intra. If you read just 5 posts right above your post the problem is explained and the solution is described.

Yes, as @sentinel said. Please try again with FunExpander Version 2.5.2

And ffmpeg 4.4.1?

Hm, i think this should work. I’ve also tested with an older ffmpeg version, but didn’t know which one. Or get the newest ffmpeg version here: Download FFmpeg

Figured it out! Thanks for the help

2 Likes

@HeelsLover69 I’d like to get your opinion on something to the effect I describe here. Would this be hard to create? I assume it’d be similar to the ‘Expand the Fun’ button to a degree

Where did you describe what, @GoonerScriptz ?

Wow, I forgot to post the link. Discussion/Action is underway from multiple angles. Thought you might be interested in it

My idea would be the same as gagax123 has writen in that other post:

“From the OFS perspective the solution to this would be to pre-generate the interpolated scripts from the main axis and then go in and modify whatever you want. You would end up with 3 funscripts in the end.
The downside is that you loose the ability to change the parameters of the intepolation at runtime.”

I’ve only an OSR without the +. For this reason i only use single axis scripts and have no idea about the multiaxis stuff. Why is this solution not working?

All the proposed solutions would work to the same effect; They just don’t exist yet.

Ah, ok! And do you know how such a interpolated script should look like compared to the main axis script? Is it the same script, maybe inverted or with a lower range? Or completely different?

I’m not sure; Yoooi said it’s the same script but blended with other motions.

In one of the previous releases it was mentioned that FunExpander fixes the Onyx+ timeout issue if there are large gaps in the script. I used to have no issues with that until I migrated from SLR Interactive to Haptics Connect. Now I get the red light whenever there is a large enough gap. I have to exit SLR on my Quest 2, restart my Onyx+ and click on HC to get it to connect again.

I use FunExpander 2.5.1 to limit the gaps but I noticed that it doesn’t seem to add points if the beginning and end value of the gap are the same (ie 100,100 or 0,0). I was wondering if this is intentional or isn’t the timeout issue supposed to happen when the gap values are the same? Maybe my Onyx+ is broken (again)? As a workaround I change the value of either the beginning or end point of the gap to make FunExpander close it.

I don’t have an Onix+. According to my information, the timeout only occurs when there is a movement, not when the start and end points have the same value.

did that work?

1 Like

Yeah that seems to work for now.

1 Like

So, I’ve downloaded FunExpander and ffmpeg and have tried to convert the video, but it appears the command doesn’t execute after selecting the video. I’ve tried using the command stated with the directory for ffmpeg, the video and the output amended to my preferences; but still no joy.
I’ve also tried giving both FunExpander and ffmpeg admin rights with no success.

Apologies if I’m being a doofus!

Hi @lilshrimpo

What is your ffmpeg path?
Maybe you can try to copy ffmpeg to “C:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe”, enter this in the field “ffmpeg path” in FunExpander and try it again.

1 Like