FUNSR1 - the better Handy - my detailed review

Ahh yeah I forgot about their test videos. Seems good to me so no WiFi is not that big of an issue. Unfortunately with it not being available to order for Germany at all it’s a dead fish.

I have no idea but there is some progress being made in OSR2/SR6 to Intiface Central connection unofficial rough guide - #4 by Ratattack15

Nice review, link not working

Thank you, I’ll give it another try.

No idea what’s wrong there. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Maybe it has to do something with the region.

I managed to connect the SR1 with ScriptPlayer through Intiface. This tutorial helped with it → OSR2/SR6 to Intiface Central connection unofficial rough guide - #4 by Ratattack15

Seems you like you have to start scanning for devices in Intiface first and then connect the SR1 via USB. Then it shows up. Before I always had the SR1 connected before and then I searched for devices and it didn’t show up. Doing it the other way around works.

1 Like

I updated the review. Got to test the SR1 with a Fleshlight. You can find the update in the original post above under “Sleeves”.

After some more usages after I wrote the review, I am still very impressed by the device. It completely replaced the Handy for me. Now with the Fleshlight, it got even better. If you still hesitating getting a SR1 yourself, there is no need. You won’t regret it, it is really that good.

2 Likes

I don’t think I agree that having to go through a physical PC and complex setup of a chain of applications, rather than to just enter an eight letter code into a box in your VR device one and be off is not a downside.

You’re basically hand waving how SLR integration can be achieved, to the extent that I doubt it will work. Also, you mention a required patreon subscription. If that’s not a downside, I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

As written in the disclaimer, it’s my personal review and subjective. I personally don’t see the issues you mentioned.

Firstly, I am using mostly 2d videos. When I use VR, I use scripts made from the community here, that’s why I have no issues connecting via HereSphere.

I also don’t see a “complex chain of applications” here. Multifunplayer and HereSphere, that’s all. It goes fast, it connects fast, works without issues. For 2d it’s Intiface and ScriptPlayer.

For me it’s worth it. The SR1 is way more powerful and delivers a much better experience. It’s worth for me to connect it with one more app.

Multifunplayer offers you SLR streaming. Yes, with a sub to his Patreon. It’s 3 bucks. If I can afford (any kind of) sub to SLR, I can afford 3 bucks for a very good and competent piece of software. He puts a lot of work and effort into this app and releases it for free to the community. It’s more than understandable that he wants to get at least a bit out of it. So I wouldn’t mind at all supporting him. And nobody forces me stay subbed. The feature is there and complete. I could sub for a month, get the app with the SLR streaming function and unsub. I don’t need to be subbed to use this function. And if I want to get a new update that I really need, I can sub anytime again. I personally don’t see any problem here.

Everybody has their own priorities. My priority is the 2d usage and occasionally some VR usage. I am on a PC anyway, because that’s my preferable way to go. I also love the SR1 for the powerful motor and the better variety of sleeves and Fleshlights I can use. If yours is VR and you don’t want to use a PC, that’s fine. Then stay with the Handy and enjoy your time with it.

That’s what reviews are for. Everybody can read through it and see if that is something they may like. They can make their own picture based of their own needs and priories.

4 Likes

Sure. That doesn’t make your statement that “there are really no downsides with the SR1” any less verifiably false.

3 Likes

No, it’s not false. Why is it false, if this is my personal experience and opinion on it? For me there is no downside. Maybe for you, I respect it.

2 Likes

I love the device because it handles much heavier and larger onaholes giving some weight to what’s happening in 2D/VR. It has significantly reduced my usage of the Handy.

3 Likes

Anyone Know ho to connect The FunSR1 to the ScriptPlayer ?

1 Like

You add it as a serial device to intiface, then connect intifact to scriptplayer.

Check out this tutorial here: OSR2/SR6 to Intiface Central connection unofficial rough guide

1 Like

thx i got it i tryed to go higher mine was set to 9600 i set it to 115200 and it works

1 Like

Thank you, code worked! Got mine about a week ago now, your review is spot on. It’s superior to handy without a doubt… however the handy is still king when it comes to online play that can’t be disputed. I shortly ordered their quiet SR6 as well to replace my current which is stupid loud. Hoping it as well built as this FUNSR1.

1 Like

What do you mean by online play? Does the FUNSR1 not work on FapTap or something?

It will work fine on Faptap, I meant that it is more supported on some websites, like Adulttime, who don’t currently support its useage yet I don’t think…However the performance alone outweighs that imo, as I use offline scripts the majority of the time.

2 Likes

If handy is a generic sedan
SR1 is a giant pickup truck.

Using heavy sleeves at high speeds is a
is a huge advantage.

4 Likes

This pretty much is a summarize of my review ^^

It should work with FapTap, because FapTap allows Intiface connection. SR1 won’t work on sites like Adulttime as @Endlessdream said. They have build in Handy support. But if you mainly use offline videos / scripts, there is no problem.

3 Likes