OSR2/SR6 to Intiface Central connection unofficial rough guide

Firstly I am reposting this as there isn’t an guide/confirmed method for this. The original post is on the Buttplug.io and Intiface® Support forums where Crispy found a way so that my SR6 (I don’t have an OSR2 to test on but I presume it should work) could be controlled via Intiface Central and also move as a result of a program using it ( I tested on Seal of Lutellaria - device integration to near perfect results after an adjustment) although simply turning on oscilaions allowed manual control of the device possible. That said…it only resulted in single axis movement (up and down strokes) so don’t expect multi axis stuff to work as this is a work around since OSR2/SR6 support isn’t in place yet but still in the works according to qdot.

Anyway now how to go about doing this, you’ll only need a program that can edit .json files like notepad++. (which is what I used) Since you just need to edit one file which is the buttplug-device-config.json. Now I’ll list quickly the steps for those who don’t want the fluff explanation and then have the explanation steps to follow.

Quick step list
  1. Find the file at C:\Users\$$$$\AppData\Roaming\com.nonpolynomial\intiface_central\config\buttplug-device-config.json and open it
  2. Use find function to find tcode-v03
  3. Change port’s default text to be whatever name is assigned to the port that your device connects through which should be something like COM random number. (find yours via multifunplayer)
  4. Do a test via Intiface Central to see if it moves device
  5. See if Intiface Central passes on information via seeing if TCode v0.3 (Single Linear Axis) appears on Seteria Player’s connected devices list
Fluff filled explanation

An quick way to get to it is to copy and paste the following (change the $$$$ to whatever your user account’s name is) C:\Users\$$$$\AppData\Roaming\com.nonpolynomial\intiface_central\config\buttplug-device-config.json into the open file function of the program or just remove file name from that and go into your file explorer to find the file.

Next you want to use the find function (CTRL+F) to search the file for tcode-v03, the first result should be what your looking for as you want to see the following text:

"tcode-v03": {
      "serial": [
        {
          "port": "default",
          "baud-rate": 115200,
          "data-bits": 8,
          "parity": "N",
          "stop-bits": 1
        }
      ],

What you want to do now is change default text to be whatever name is assigned to the port that your device connects through which should be something like COM (then some random number) you can find this out via multifunplayer since it clearly displays it jut below the connect button.

All you need to do from there is just save the change and then run Intiface Central, start server, start scaning and it should connect to your device for you to then give it a test via toggling the oscillations on it. (one bar changes stroke limits while the other is the speed)

To make sure that Intiface Central is passing it all on you should see in the Seteria Player’s connected devices list something like TCode v0.3 (Single Linear Axis) appear. Below is an image showing the player with nothing in the connected devices.

Hope this helps as I had been scratching my head about this for a while and found this method that once again Crispy posted which I tested on Intiface Central’s version 2.5.6. Let me know if anything doesn’t make any sense with alteration suggestions and I’ll make changes to improve this.

• Worked for me
  • Didn’t work
0 voters
5 Likes

There are some games that uses built-in Intiface CLI for device synchronization, such as SuccubusReborn.

For these games to work with the OSR2/SR6, first configure intiface to look for your device following the steps in the OP. Then, look into the game’s folder for “IntifaceCLI.bat”. Open as text file and you should see something like:

intiface-engine.exe --websocket-port %1 --use-bluetooth-le

Append the following startup parameters:

--device-config-file C:\Users\[Your User ID]\AppData\Roaming\com.nonpolynomial\intiface_central\config\buttplug-device-config.json --use-serial

Save and reboot the game. The game’s built-in Intiface engine will now use the configuration you’ve set, and should find your OSR when searching for “Bluetooth” devices.

I learnt this from @hue04476.test1, wanted to share it here as well.

2 Likes