Handy2: battery broke after 10 month (Earlybird)

DISCLAIMER
I’m in contact with support, and after some delay, I will receive a new device. The delivery is pending without information about the estimated arrival.

The Issue
After 10 months of usage, the battery of my device is broken. I can’t recharge the device and it won’t turn on without USB-C power. Right now it is working with USB-C power, but in the app the battery is shown as 0%.

Did any other user have this experience?

2 Likes
1 Like

Pretty common sadly

1 Like

I’m currently on my second Handy 2 Pro. The first one kept overheating, and eventually, I’m not sure if the motor fried or what happened, but it just stopped working. I did get it replaced through RMA, but this second one only lasted about two months before it unexpectedly died. I used it without any issues the day before, but when I checked it the next day to see if it needed charging, it wouldn’t turn on, even when plugged in.

I’m not mistreating this device. I make sure not to run it with demanding scripts and I clean it thoroughly after each use, avoiding harsh cleaners or getting any cleaning fluid inside the device. I also store it in a safe place where it won’t get damaged. It’s clear that I’m not the only one facing these issues, considering the numerous posts I’ve seen recently and the overwhelming volume of support tickets that Ohdoki has received.

This is the third time I have had to contact support regarding an issue with their products. I’m still waiting for a response; it has been almost two weeks of radio silence. Honestly, it’s becoming a little ridiculous.

1 Like

Hmm, okay. So this is a common issue.
The response time is 5–7 days per email, followed by clustered responses that could be summed up in one email (2–3 steps for various resets, export protocol, show issue in a short video) instead of three separate emails.
That can be improved.

1 Like

They say that the number of devices failing is a small amount this does not seem to be the case. This is like the red ring of death every device is a ticking time bomb.

mine broke a week ago, wont turn on even when its plugged in. was told I would get replacement but with no ETA. was early bird as well.

1 Like

Add another rather unhappy earlybird customer due to this battery not charging any longer issue.

After having inconsistent results with an Anker charger that meets Ohdoki’s specs for the Handy 2 Pro I succumbed and purchased their own “guaranteed to work” charger.

It worked a couple of times but will no longer charge my Handy, nor will the Anker.

In communication with tech support but it is rather slow. Pretty disappointing . . . .

1 Like

mine broke after about 1 month they said it was the charger i ended up buying another 2 then i gave up but now im going to moan again

1 Like

I’m on my 3rd failed handy 2 pro the longest any of them lasted was 3 weeks. The support process takes too long or I’m sure there would be many more. They can’t look anything up for themselves that they should have record of and I’m sick of investing my time and money into beta testing and troubleshooting their product I just want my money back. Handy 1 was a great device. They should drop the handy 2 and just make the handy 1 a bit more powerful. A battery is nice to have, but not necessary. No one uses this when they are jogging.

1 Like

For some reason they do not offer refunds it should be an option by shipping all your handy 2s to them or your latest replacement. You can definitely call it beta testing as no customer should go through this with a “finished” product.

I think as a community we need to start demanding refunds and we need to start refusing to provide videos of ourselves troubleshooting for them. Give us pre-paid return boxes, we send it back and they can spend all the labor hours they want beating a dead horse. I am a technical guy, I already spend hours doing what they are asking me to do before i create a ticket and I send them the results as part of the ticket. At this point that should be enough.

2 Likes