HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

Have you tried the button left from it? It opens the script host in the browser. Follow the instuctions there.

1 Like

This is a really cool program, and love the new features like hard mode and local server. One issue I have is when launching and trying to access the script folder menu, I always get 2 error pop up message: “Index was outside the bounds of the array.” Is there a certain location where I should run the program from? I’m currently running it from a folder on my desktop and the path of my script folder is correct. There is no issue accessing the Last Script menu. Any help would be appreciated.

One other thing that kind of bothers me, is some scripts where the action finishes before the end of the video, the video stops and doesn’t play to the end. A work around is to edit the script to continue to the end of the video. But it would be nice not to have to do that.

Hi @socks

Where is your script folder? I have seen errors if the script folder is located in a folder that is protected from the system somehow. Try to use an empty folder on drive C for example and place scripts inside. Maybe there is a script that causes trouble. Special symbols in the names? It would be nice if you can give me some feedback to find the error.

It is known from the devs that Handy looses its sync after over 1h. You can still use automatic mode and send commands and get response messages but Handy just does not move in scipt mode. Handy devs are saying that you need to unplug the power to fix this.

It thats not the case please send me the script + video so I can have a look whats going on there.

@Lucifie I guess the program doesn’t like my D drive. No errors when i move both program and script folder to the my C drive. Ideally I’d like to use my storage drive for my script folder, and not fill up my OS drive with videos.

As for the other issue. It’s not a matter of losing sync. I understand that happens and I have experienced that. A quick powercycle and and reupload, fixed. What I have found annoying is when scripts are timed short of the end of the video. For example Cock Hero - Asian Fuckfest The script ends at 19:42. The video ends at 20:39. When you use HC to play the script the video stops at 19:42, you lose the last minute of the video playing. Hope that helps

Thats something I will change. Good point :slightly_smiling_face: At the moment it stops when the script is finished. I could just disable Handy without stopping the video.

Thats weird :face_with_monocle: I might test some of my other drives too. Currently it’s not located on my OS drive and working there.

:page_facing_up: This is a new update for HandyControl V0.8.0

API Rework

I have changed much of the API related code to be more flexible with further updates and also to simplify the implementation of the features below. The commands will also give better feedback in the logbox now.

Command Line Support

You can now access the basic commands through command line arguments. HandyControl will act as if you have pressed a button in the app or the gamepad. There is a new button in the settings that shows all available commands and how to use them.

This feature could be used if you have another app and want to control Handy without the need to deal with the API itself. Feedback is currently only given in the logbox.

Currently supported: /mode /position /stroke /speed /load /upload /offset /play /resume /pause /stop /…

Examples:
HandyControl.exe /load "C:\myscript.funscript" /upload /play 30000
HandyControl.exe /stroke 80 /speed 50

Stroke lenght and speed adjustable with D-pad.

You can now change the speed and stroke lenght with the D-pad. I have added a new slider on the page that also follows the script speed. If you click the slider while a script is playing it will use the current speed and switches to manual mode. Right click set speed OFF or falls back to the script in MixedMode.
There are also new settings to adjust the step size of speed and stroke.

grafik

Pressing one of the ABXY buttons while holding the trigger will now ignore the speed setting of the buttons and only use the stroke settings.

API refresh rate

The latest API update now supports 120 calls / minute instead of 60. This now allows faster reaction for trigger speed changes. There is also a new setting for the API refresh rate as theHandy devs noted that the API call limit will be improved again in the tuture. In this case you can adapt this rate on your own now.
500ms = 120calls/min
grafik

Others changes

• Added support for .meta files (WankzVR) for conversion purpose.
  • Double click on jitter fields will use the SmartJitter settings even if SmartJitter is disabled.
  • Improved script import handling for unsupported formats.
  • The video now continues after the script is done.
  • Fixed SmartJitter not saving values.
  • Fixed tooltip spelling.
5 Likes

Hi @Lucifie,

This is excellent work! Really, I can tell how much time you’re spending on this, and it’s excellent.
Some people have said you should open source it. On the whole, yes, it would be nice if you release the source, but there’s no need to do it right now.

Right now, you are doing an excellent job of enhancing the program and, in my experience, the quality and direction of the tool will remain more consistent if you are the only one working on it.

What is important though (IMHO) if you want it to continue being used in the community, is that you open source it at some point before you grow bored of this. You might not always be as enthusiastic about developing and maintaining HandyControl - perhaps you’ll get some hew hardware, or a job change, or a big life change like relationships, or family which distracts you from this, or maybe you’ll just grow bored after a while - and then if the source isn’t openly available, it will stall and this app will be dead in the water. If the source code is available to others, they can pick up what you’ve done and develop it further, and that will be good for the community.

In the short term though, I can understand wanting to keep control over the codebase and I would support that if you choose to continue doing so. Just consider what happens afterwards at some point. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Lucifie @megamasha Using e.g. github it is possible to open source the code and still be in control. That way it isn’t possible to arbitrarily add new code without approval, but anyone can download the code and build it, suggest new code changes that will be merged into the code if approved etc.

1 Like

I understand this. I know that it could be a shame if an app does not get any support anymore because the dev lost interest in it. But at the moment it is just not in a state to do this. There is still a lot of code that needs a rework or more testing. I am also waiting for the big firmware update theHandy team is working on at the moment as this could change a lot.

I will try this github one day but please do not expect it in the next months. I want to have s stable codebase first.

If you have any feature request feel free to ask :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, @sentinel.

I’m actually pretty well acquainted with how GitHub works. I use git every day.

The point here isn’t feasibility - there are other reasons why someone might not be ready to put their code up for all to see. Code can be a very personal thing - especially code for sex hardware.

2 Likes

Thanks for this great software! After tinkering around with it, I found out that it only correctly works in Local mode if I deactivate my windows firewall. Is there anything to solve that? I have already added HandyControl.exe to my firewall exceptions to no avail. I don’t mind having to deactivate the firewall for a Handy session but I was just wondering if there is a more elegant solution.

Have you read the instructions in the script host test website?
You might have to open port 80 in your firewall or allow HTTP.sys
Depends on if your firewall can allow this type of file (untested as my firewall cant do this).

If you find a setting it would be nice if you could post it here.

Yea this program stopped working for me. This is what I get whether I try to connect via local host or handyfeeling.com :

An error occurred while sending the request.

I been away for over a week so Idk if something changed server side. Followed the troubleshooting instructions to no avail.

There was an API + Firmware update during the week.

I have just checked HC version 0.8.0 with the newest firmware and it still works with both upload methods.

:page_facing_up: This is a new update for HandyControl V0.9.0

Funscript Metadata Editor

This new form adds the possibility to add metadada to funscript files which are then stored inside the script. This data will then be availabe in other applications as well if they implement this feature too.

Currently following members are active involved in this project:
@gagax123 OpenFunScripter
@Liquid ScriptPlayer
@Khrull XTPlayer

The idea was to store information in the script so you don’t have to search for this information. So if you play a script and want to say thanks :heart: or give feedback :speech_balloon: then you can just follow the link back to the topic. The Notes section can be used to makes notes for yourself in case you keep the script and want to remember something for the next time.

grafik Open Metadata Editor
grafik
If you close the editor then changes will be saved to the script.

Metadata to Clipboard will create an EroScripts forum post from the data in the clipboard. Just paste the text in a new topic and edit it as you like. You can also copy & paste the complete metadata to other scripts.
grafik

Please be aware that there are already a few script available that have metadata included in a prototype version.

API command syncAdjustTimestamp

The new API update now finally supports this command. It is executed every time you jump to a script position or press play. This ensures that the video sync is more stable!

Drag & Drop

You can now drag & drop the script and heatmap from HandyControl to other applications or folders.
Hold Ctrl + Left Mouse and drag the item and drop it anywhere. If you drop the object in an EroScripts post then it will upload the script / image as usual.

You can even drop the script again on HandyControl. The dropped script will always include all modifications so the script can be mofified even further as the modification sliders reset to 0. The original script is not touched. Modified scripts get a _modified fielname extension with an index number.

Stroke Lenght Jitter Modes

grafik

Switch between random jitter and alternating jitter direction.
Alternating jitter feels more intense!
grafik Random Jitter (Default)
grafik Alternating Jitter

grafik grafik Change jitter behaviour for straight lines build from 2 timestamps.
This is soemthing that can be used on CockHero scripts or scripts with short pauses.
I have also noticed that Handy rarely have problems after long slow slopes and gets stuck for a moment.
grafik Enabled (Default)
grafik Disabled

You can combine those modes to create more variety. Just play with it to find the right settings for your script. Here are some examples from a baseline script.
grafik Random + StraightLine Off
grafik Random + StraightLine On
grafik Alternating + StraightLine Off
grafik Alternating + StraightLine On

Disable Video Commands

grafik
If your script has a video you can now disable all commands to the player.

Script / Video filename mismatch

You can now have multiple scripts in the same folder which share a single video. HandyControl will ignore the filename and just use the video if you load the script. You can build different variations of the script.
grafik

If the folder only has 1 script and 1 video then HandyControl also dont cares about matching filenames and just loads both files.

Matching video = Same filename
Using Video = Only one video found
grafik

Script export

If you export a funscript then the content is not longer reduced. The script will keep the full data structure including the rawAction. If you want to reduce the size then there is now a separate export option.
grafik

Other changes

New Context menu entry to open the script with a text editor (Notepad++ or Notepad).
API refresh rate default value from 500 to 250ms. API now supports 240 calls/min.
Script speed calculation now incorporates following plateau time.
Disabled updates for script speed overlays in Automatic Mode.
Changed font for the logbox for better alignment.
Changed funscript import handling.
Fixed import error for script with consecutive equal timestamps.

5 Likes

Quick question - can this play the video and funscripts at a slower speed if needed? say 0.75 or so? I dont have a Windows computer yet to test myself. Thanks, looking forward to install once I get windows 10

Currently you only can change the speed of a script but not the video. MPC does not support that the way I need it. I might get that done later when I change the player.

Thats cool still, better than nothing. At least I now know that I can download some regular/fast scripts and just play them at a slower speed.

Aside from lowering the speed you can reduce the stroke lenght. That also works very well if a script is too difficult.

1 Like

Cock Hero Conversion doesn’t seem to be working for me. I keep getting an error message.

1 Like