HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

It’s not working in the newest version. Only by sensor control.

Does it work on the older ones? I have downloaded 1.1.1 and can’t seem to get it working.

Thanks

Not sure why HandyControl no longer auto open MPC-BE when i hit start.

Could we have some hotkeys for stop/start sending commands to the Handy? Just stop stroking for a while but continue playing the vid, then resume stroking again

Hey Lucifie, HandyControl is still the king of Handy controllers, but DeoVR is no longer the king of VR players.

I’m trying to use HereSphere with HandyControl. It has a time server like DeoVR and apparently works with ScriptPlayer OK.

I tried to select HereSphere instead of Deo in HandyControl but the file selector is setup to filter on “DeoVR.exe”. I typed the HereSphere.exe name in manually but when trying to run the script, HandyControl complains that the script file is not found (despite sending it to the Handy without a problem). I suspect that it’s actually unable to find the executable. Can you check this ? Thanks!

I’ve only just downloaded HandyControl so not started to use it yet, but in the documentation it states that the spacebar is key mapped to pause and continue script playback…does this not work?

Or does it stop both the script and the video as well?

Hi! I use the gamepad in manual mode, I can’t find t
he stroke limit of the lower position. See the screenshot.
I reread the entire thread… I never found it.
Thanks.
Screenshot_688

Yes, it stops both

@gooner

ah…that’s too bad.

I’ve seen quite a few people request this, on Eroscripts as well as the Handy subreddit, and to be honest would have thought it would be simple to implement.

One of the Handy support folks had responded and created a bit of an unsupported skunkworks website for this…I tried it and it works but is a bit finicky.

Here is the reddit post and the skunkworks site:

Reddit Post

Unofficial, unsupported site

That is a Handy Firmware 3.0 feature. Control only supports 2.0 fully.

Is there an option to have the script/video autoplay when the upload to the Handy completes? If not, I would like to request it as a feature. Overall, it’s a great tool, thanks for making it!

Edit: Nevermind, found it under “Settings->Connection->Start Script After Upload” when I updated to the latest version!

1 Like

@Lucifie Today im getting an ERROR Message in HandyControl 1.2.3!

Error Message:

02:32:40.337 - Stroke Generator - Start
02:32:47.717 - setMode - Error - Success False - Machine timeout
02:32:47.844 - setSpeed - 45% (198 mm/s)
02:32:47.954 - setStroke - 34%
02:32:48.079 - setSpeed - 17% (95 mm/s)
02:32:48.205 - setStroke - 23%
02:32:52.325 - setMode - 1 (Automatic)
02:32:52.453 - setSpeed - 41% (183 mm/s)
02:32:52.499 - Error in : APIResponse.Analyse - Unable to cast object of type ‘Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject’ to type ‘Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue’.
02:32:54.044 - setStroke - Error - Success False -
02:32:55.004 - Stroke Generator - Stop
02:32:55.189 - setMode - 0 (Off)

I NEVER HAD this issue before… I cant play Scripts at ALL :cry: .
Not in HandyControl 1.2.3
Not in ScriptPlayer 1.1.1
and not even on Handyfeeling com

please help me out :pray:

EDIT:
I read the instructions PDF, which I didn’t notice (duh). I then figured out that I had not selected MediaPlayerClassic under Settings > Video Player > Global. Hope this helps someone else. It all works now!

Original Post:

Hi folks and Lucifie. Thanks for the amazing work on this tool. Pretty incredible.

The only issue i have is i can’t get the MPC-HC to open once i drop in the script and video into HandyControl 1.2.3.

I drop the files in, upload, and i have the setting set to auto-start, but MPC does not open automatically. Obviously i can open it manually and try to sync them closely by pausing and setting everything up, but being able to move around a video and have the sync automatically follow would be amazing (and how i think it’s supposed to work).

As for troubleshooting

1. I did try the link from an earlier quote and that command does indeed work to resume the video:

Blockquote
If HandyControl uploads the script it will use command line to open MPC and the video. Later all commands are sent by the web interface.
Start MPC with any video and pause it. Then click this command . It will resume/continue the video.
It that is not working then it’s not HandyControl. Maybe your IP/port is the problem.
I always use the localhost with the default port to send data to the web interface.
The script host fails mostly because of network blocks.

1. Media Player Classic path is set up under Setting > Video Player. “Path to Media Player Classic is set”.

I don’t really know what else to try.

@Lucifie

The Default API adress that i use (that has always worked) is:
https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/v1/

When i use the other API adress:
https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/handy/v2/

I get this Error Message:

setMode - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

22:39:13.458 - setStroke - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

22:39:15.040 - setOffset - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

22:39:30.890 - getServerTime - 09/24/2980 10:19:49 - Initial Offset: -33551305132561 - Average Offset: 63791267951081

22:39:32.493 - Script Upload - Error - Success False -

22:39:34.083 - Script Stop - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.
:cry:
When i open these API adresses in Firefox. Firefox tells me for: https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/v1/

Cannot GET /api/v1/

And for https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/handy/v2/

error
code 404
name NOT_FOUND
message not found

I ONLY have these 2 API adresses in HandyControl 1.2.3

Are my API adresses OUTDATED??? And not working anymore?

2 Likes

I have thesame thing, can only use v1.

Also, for some reason I can’t use Mixed Mode anymore. Had a change in Setup in terms of how my network is set up, but was able to create the script host just fine. I can start and stop, change stroke length, offset etc. without problems, but when I select a pattern using the controller and then want to go back to scripted, it won’t work and I get a failure message. To get back into scripted mode, I have to reload the script and start over :frowning:

1 Like

Whenever I attempt to use HandyControl with a local server, I always get this error:

08:51:51.798 - HandyControl Script Host: 192.168.100.213 - Ethernet (Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection)
08:51:53.020 - HandyControl Script Host: Unregistered
08:51:58.108 - HandyControl Script Host: Registered
08:54:00.435 - HandyControl Script Host: The server is already running.
08:54:00.438 - Downloading the script to Handy…
08:54:20.385 - Script Prepare - Error - Success False -
08:54:40.458 - HandyControl Script Host: The server is already running.
08:54:40.461 - Downloading the script to Handy…
08:54:45.068 - Script Prepare - Error - Success False -
08:54:47.494 - HandyControl Script Host: Connection test successful
08:54:47.496 - HandyControl Script Host: Name: handy
08:54:47.498 - HandyControl Script Host: IP: 192.168.1.221

Any fixes?

Are you using a custom server?

Yes, only API V1 works. V2 is for internal tests.
Have seen the mixed mode problem too. Probably because of API changes they made.

I am on fw 3.2 and HC works although there are some errors sometimes.

Dont use MPC-HC. Use MPC-BE.

Quick question, so I noticed my scripts have a pretty noticeable delay when using DeoVR, anything I can try to resolve this? MPC-BE syncs up perfectly, just having issues with DeoVR as of now.

Make sure you have the Port that your using Allowed in your firewall. That was my issue

1 Like