HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

Will there be a fix for the mixed Mode? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Currently not. I am working on another project.

Does importing via Excel clipboard no longer work?

I used to be able to do this but the latest version I get:
The data in clipboard is not supported

EDIT: Never mind; forgot I was using Google Sheets; only works in native Excel

There seems to be a bug on windows 11 that won’t allow me to select the exe as default program for .funscript files. It worked completely fine before

I tried with scriptplayer and it worked fine. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Screenshot 2022-10-10 191438

Oh nvm, it was an issue with Windows. I installed RegScanner, searched for “handControl.exe” and deleted the entries. This fixed the issue.

I truly wish this program was on github so that problems can be easily searched for and reported.

1 Like

@Lucifie Just found out that the old Handy API v1 will soon be deprecated

I cant use the new API v2 Adress: https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/handy/v2 :bangbang:

I get this Error Message:

19:33:40.533 - Stroke Generator - Start
19:33:43.127 - setMode - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.
19:33:44.621 - Stroke Generator - Stop
19:33:44.711 - setSpeed - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.
19:33:46.321 - setStroke - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

The old API v1 works like a charm: https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/v1

@Lucifie Could u please help me with that.

Anyone know if can use a Playstation controller instead of XBox Gamepad for bluetooth control?

My workaround for this DeoVR issue is, open DeoVR app web browser, load a script on handycontrol app. wait for it to load and play video, nothing should play. Close DeoVR app, now load a script and let the handycontrol work, now you can seek in handy control and it will work on DeoVR.

thx this work well for me

lil sad was thinking game pad control ment you culd play a game and difrent buttons are maped to difrent speeds

Sadly I get
14:53:07.254 - Downloading the script to Handy…
14:53:38.610 - Script Prepare - Error - Success False - Machine timeout
Tried HandyControl since I keep getting timeout with any wifi method.

I am getting cannot connect to the remote server error when I load a script. I’m not sure what’s going on.

1 Like

Yeah cant seem to connect at all with HandyControl. Kind of a shame because its the only player that plays larger scripts well, if anyone has a replacement for that im all ears

Got this working but the MPC player is just awful and rudimentary at best.

Any chance you could add support for the VLAN VLC player which has a web based connect for control?
It supports VR Headsets and will do 2D conversion for VR content as well as play any 2D content or container you can think of.

@lucifie

Cannot use HandyControl 1.2.3 since today. Getting this Error:

20:01:01.027 - getServerTime - 01/01/1970 02:07:41 - Initial Offset: -1697220045639 - Average Offset: -7728
20:01:01.292 - Script Upload - File is uploaded and ready for Handy to download, Filename: 20010.csv, Size: 20563, URL: https://scripts01.handyfeeling.com/api/script/v0/temp/download/01HCN35VMCQ1QP4K9ST0R12EN8, Orginalfile:
20:01:01.294 - Downloading the script to Handy…
20:01:02.843 - Script Prepare - Error - 404 - Not Found -

Error
Cannot GET /api/v1//syncPrepare

Is the API Broken?

1 Like

Fantastic program. I will not use anything else for flat screen playing. I even use it while watching on the quest 3. the control is awesome! I do have one wish: that I could save my gamepad mapping customizations. If I’m just ignorant of how, please tell me. It would be nice not to have to make the changes every time I open it. But damn you made a nice program!

Hello Folks,

I have a small issue and I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong.
I’m trying to shift a script in a negative direction, because it’s out of sync by like 6 seconds, but I always get this message:
Then I can pick between doing nothing and doing nothing.
Am I missing something here?
Edit: Positive values work, then I can enter negative values until I go back to 0, but I’d need to offset into negatives, which it won’t let me do even thought there’s like a 2 minute empty section at the start.

I have used this with great success on my laptop (too slow to play anything but low rez) but setting it up with video on my new desktop has got me stuck; i cannot find the damn file for MPC to even give it the path, and it wont find the exe either. Using windows 11 pro. I was so excited to finally make it work. Please help if you can.

Hi guys, not sure if this happened to any of you, but my handy just could not connect at all for some reason all of a sudden.
HOWEVER: the solution is to remove the “fw3” before your handy key. Hope this helps someone