HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

its been on PC. You can grab it on Steam

2 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

Is it possible to use this player to stream from the SLR site? And also to play the Naughty America scripts from hard drive (ie the scripts are hosted at handyfeeling.com) ? I’d love an all-in-one solution, I’ve been using SLR app for SLR and Whirlygig for NA, and it’s a bit annoying switching back and forth

See this post:

Naughty America scripts are basically a form of copy protection mechanism so that shouldn’t be possible either.

1 Like

Ok thanks man. Hopefully one day there’ll be an all in one solution

HereSphere update v0.7.1 for the Quest 2 is now available with HereSphere API changes, quality of life improvements, and bug fixes. This update is necessary to stream content with the HereSphere API for sites like CzechVR and POVR.

HereSphere API:

• Fixed issue with script streaming.
  • A synchronized peripherals icon will now be shown on thumbnails to indicate there are scripts associated with the video.
  • Authentication tokens can now be used in place of username and password.
  • A customizable web banner is available for sites to utilize.

Quality of life improvements:

• Tag searches enclosed in double quotes will now require an exact match. Tags that are selected in the categorized tags menu or video tags menu will be enclosed in quotes when added to the search or autoseek input boxes.
  • Added the stereo alignment right setting to the basic video settings.
  • Added “-180” and " 180" to file name detection
  • Added “_FISHEYE190” to file name detection
  • Fall back to alphabetical sort when items have equal sort values (like date added).
  • Thumbnail image downloads will no longer cause performance hitches.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed issue with video preview thumbnails taking too many resources, which could prevent 8k videos from playing.
  • Fixed issue with image thumbnails not being cleared from memory
  • Fixed “Toggle Force Mono” keybinding
  • Fixed issue with grip + thumbstick adjustments being allowed to exceed the min/max values of a number box or slider.
8 Likes

Still trying out heresphere, it is good and I will buy once I know I won’t have to repurchase from the oculus store (although as others have said far too complicated).
I have been able to get smb working, and the handy working.

I still can’t figure out how to end a video and go back to my video list.

All my files with different video formats have names that allow deovr to open them and display them properly.

In heresphere, the file name detection does not seem to be working for me.
i.e. LR_180.mp4 TB_180.mp4 open incorrectly. and require me to set the format manually, and even that fails as the image is still not correct - weird scaling issues which none of the settings for video format address - I have tried all the various combinations.

The files I have with this extension work fine, MKX200.mp4

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I think this is related to that it requires an underscore too in the name (read the whole post here).

Underscores are needed for “LR” and “TB”, though I can add a check for a space or hyphen in addition to an underscore. HereSphere doesn’t have a dedicated screen for selecting videos. You just open up the menu and select a new video from the menu, or press the next icon/shortcut to load the next video in your list. This allows you to have a video playing in the background while browsing for a new video.

1 Like

Ok, I confirmed if I rename one file to “some name 180_TB.mp4” it is detected and works.

But I have way too many files to think about changing names. Hopefully this can be fixed as even the various video sites are not consistent with their naming conventions.

This is the format I use, but there are many other formats in use so I would suggest a more robust pattern matching should be employed.

“Some Name LR_180.mp4”
“Some Name TB_180.mp4”
“Some Name MKX200.mp4”

Thanks for your help.

I’ll add checks for spaces and hyphens in addition to underscores before the filename suffix in the next update.

1 Like

Maybe this is a bug, or ?

When I name a file “Something 180_LR.mp4” it works and video looks “right” automatically.

When the exact same file is named “Something LR_180.mp4”, and I have to manually select “side by side” and “equirectangular” from the menu, the video is displayed incorrectly (the room in the video is much narrower than it should be). I have tried several videos and they all behave this way?

It’s because the player doesn’t detect the “LR” flag due to it missing an underscore. In addition to selecting side-by-side and equirectangular, you’ll need to also set the aspect ratio to 2. The player will default to an aspect ratio of 1 if it doesn’t detect the LR flag, since it thinks it’s a mono video.

Really great App, I will be buying when you can the ability to connect to synology. I don’t know if its my computer/internet but I’m getting major lag from SMB. Also some vidoes won’t allow me to zoom in and out? They appear locked for image editting. What could be cauing that?

In regards to SMB, a wired connection to the router is best. If you’re still getting speed issues, you could try using xbvr to setup a local http server instead. Else, I’ll be working on DLNA soon.

None of the videos should be locked for editing. It could be you’re playing a flat screen (perspective projection) video, so you won’t get the same VR video settings. If you want to zoom, you can instead change the screen height or distance in the video settings.

1 Like

So I am just reading up about this for the first time, and looking to steer to a new app and away from DeoVR. I don’t tend to use demos, so I am a “buy it and use it” guy.

I quickly read through and I see some things that people are saying, and I just want clarification before buying this:

1. I use XBVR for all my VR videos AND Scripts, will this work seamlessly with it like DeoVR? like I just type my IP address in and go? Will the scripts work from XBVR or Do i need to rename them all? (They are not name matched to their videos since XBVR worked for me)
  2. Answered in another post
  3. Is there a noticeable difference in quality between the native app and the Steam App? Or between DeoVR and HereSphere? I tend to download the higher quality (40+GB) version of videos, and I feel like I don’t see a major difference when using DeoVR… and thats why I’m looking at new apps to try out, but the scripting and XBVR are a must for me.

Edit: Should mention I am using a Quest 2 - Would prefer to use the Quest 2 standalone

Thank you!

Hi. I purchased your player some time ago and it’s great. Any plans to enable use of other toys besides The Handy? I have one, but my favorite right now is the Keon.

it work for me with an old Synology DS214 and a new DS920+…
smb all the way with no lag…

if it was DLNA only i would have pass on buying…

1 Like
  1. XBVR works with scripts for the Handy. Type in the IP address, after the page loads, press the icon that looks like a play button with 4 tiles to load the web UI view.
  2. Quest 2 standalone version is probably better with image quality, because the image doesn’t have to be compressed over USB or wifi.

I’d still recommend trying the demo before buying to make sure the app works for you. It has all the features of the paid app.

1 Like

Yes, I plan on adding support for other toys in the future, Keon being one of them.

4 Likes