How to script in OpenFunScripter - video tutorial

I click on the update waveform button but nothing happens. What should I do?

Sometimes it can take a while. Check if itā€™s still processing when you try to update it again.

So, I am trying to create scripts without any video tied to them. I canā€™t seem to figure out how to create a project with no video file attached, and if I try and start creating points, itā€™s limited to 1 second. The project tab at the top is greyed out. Any advice?

not sure if this is possible. but you can take any long video and make a script not based on actions

yah what they say verry true, already some templates around here just need to search a little

But if I only want the script to last a few seconds, as a repeating template, then the video I use would also have to just be a few seconds long to avoid a bunch of empty space yeah?

New to this. Is there a way for me to set 100 or 0 as the default values on a controller? Right now, it seems to be 50. I want it to function like this. That way, whenever I stop pressing the joystick, it returns to 100. Would make things a lot easier for me.

Is there an easy way to remove or add dead time on a script?

Like if I have a script that doesnā€™t sync to a different version of a video and I want to take off a minute of no action on the front to sync up with a remastered or other version, how would I go about doing that?

Error-Screenshot 2023-12-20 201854
I keep on getting this error when I try to use motion tracking on a video, is there a way to fix this?

Motion tracker stops at existing point by default you have the uncheck the option to get it to overwrite existing points

Sorry this was asked long ago. I just select the entire script (ctrl+A), cut (ctrl+X) then find the position where the script should start and paste (ctrl+V).

What happens if thereā€™s no numpad on your keyboard to insert points?

Remap the keys to other keys or buy a standalone numpad and connect it to your computer.

As @sentinel already mentioned remap the keys or get external numpad. Iā€™m a little surprised about this question, because the process of remapping the keys is showed somewhere around 1-2 minutes in the 2nd part of the tutorial.

Iā€™m following the tutorial but when it explains recording mode it has you add new and then check the box for mirrored mode. Thereā€™s no mirror mode box in my player. I donā€™t see any option anywhere for mirror mode. Is there some way to enable this or whatā€™s going on?

As the video states in the beginning, itā€™s made with OFS 1.1.5 and you are most likely using 3.2.0 now. There have been changes in the releases in between. Unfortunately I canā€™t answer your specific question since I only script frame by frame and havenā€™t used recording mode.

Watching that section of the video I donā€™t see the purpose of the second script (maybe Iā€™m missing something). Try doing as the video describes but ignore mirror checkbox and ignore this about add new script and remove script. Just work with your main script and see if that works.

Hey I canā€™t seem to find an answer anywhere so Iā€™ll ask here.

Is there a way, in OFS, to show the audio track in visual form?

I script in frame by frame and that usually means I donā€™t hear audio as I script (and even if I do, trying to specifically find the frame where I heard it is not easy. I drop a marker while playing the video in slow-mo but I feel it could be more precise) andsometimes thereā€™s slurping, smacking, etc (mostly in JAVs) that Iā€™d want to take into consideration.

Having a visual representation of audio cues would really help in that situation.

Right click on the points graph and select waveform > Enable waveform. I donā€™t remember if you also need to use waveform > Update waveform afterwards or if itā€™s updated automatically.

1 Like

How do you adjust keyframes quickly to be more exact? For example I want to do 96 instead of 90. Right now I have hotkeys set up from 0 - 100 and I cant do anything else.

You hold shift and use up/down arrow keys to move the selected point by 1.

1 Like