How to script in OpenFunScripter - video tutorial

The batch script doesn’t work with the ffmpeg downloaded from OpenFunScripter 1.4.3. The -intra option isn’t recognized. I can’t even find documentation on what this parameter is suppose to do in the first place.

I still recommend Fun Expander 2.5.1 by HeelsLover69 for daily use. The batch files are just a fun fact if you want to tinker about. However I’ve never had a problem with them. I know that there are some weird issues with some versions of ffmpeg (some features not working properly)

Need advice on ofs. Was mainly a jfs user but now studying ofs because of the motion tracker feature. I made a script and for some reason, the timings are off? I converted them to iframes version and scripted a part frame by frame. Basically i script them as they move down to the lowest point and script the lowest point right before they move up. Same with the other one when they reached the peak and start to move down. When i play them back, the simulator seems delayed. I exported the script and checked the jfs and the point where i wouldve put them is diff.

I’m running 1.4.2 version and just checked one of the scripts I currently work on and I don’t see a difference in points position between JFS and OFS, but I have some ideas that might help:

1. Do the point graph in OFS appear as spline or as straight lines?
    I always turn the spline mode off, which have an impact on how the simulator works, although it shouldn’t be that big of the deal anyways.

2. Make sure that you have offset in the “mode” window set to 0.

3. I don’t think that i-frames conversion is the problem here, but it’s worth asking anyways - how do convert your video to i-frames and do you use any specific options during the process?

4. I remember that I had similar issue back in the day where all points seemed delayed in JFS by about 2 frames, but the delay was always the same which can be easily fixed when using the script via offset option in most players, so if your case is similar I wouldn’t care too much about it.

5. If this won’t solve your issue it’s always worth asking the OFS dev to look into it:
    OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

1 Like

So 1. Yes it looks like its the same with spline mode. Ill look into that one for sure.
2. Dont have offsets but ill triple check to be sure

1. Converting to iframes, i just use the expander. I dont tick the 25 frames option unless its 60fps. Thats pretty much it.

Thanks for getting me started on stuff to look at

You have solved the problem. Things look amazing now!!! Its the spline. Thanks for that advice!!!

1 Like

Glad it helped! Happy scripting!

I been trying to figure out how to do that myself, have you figured it out?

Extremely helpful guide. Thank you! Hope I can find some time to put this knowledge to good use.

1 Like

I updated the 2nd part of the tutorial. Cleaned most of the sentences, redid some parts that were hard to understand and changed TTS.

Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @Husky

Small nitpicking:
I only scanned quickly, and dunno why I checked that part, but:
Your custom batch files for reencoding still use the “-intra” parameter that is not supported in the latest version ffmpeg. You could replace “-intra” with “-g 0”.

And to be considered for the scripts:

• Re-use ffmpeg from the OFS folder (i.e. “%appdata%\OFS\OFS_data\ffmpeg.exe”)
  • Rename the ‘optimized’ file to an extension different than mp4. The small advantage is that OFS can read it without a problem, but you don’t see the file when testing with DeoVR or Heresphere (I prefer to test with the original file).

For reference, this is the script I use (based, a long time ago, on your script). I can drag one or more videos over the batch file to prepare them for OFS.

@echo off
FOR %%A IN (%*) DO (
    "%appdata%\OFS\OFS_data\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%~dpA\%%~nxA" -filter:v "scale=-1:-1" -g 1 -qp 30 -acodec copy "%%~dpA\%%~nA-optimized%%~xA"
    move "%%~dpA\%%~nA-optimized%%~xA" "%%~dpA\%%~nA%%~xA.optimized"
)
pause

The ffmpeg is in the 3rd part so this is something I want to work on next. The idea here was to make the basics easier for newcomers, because let’s be honest, some explanations in the old guide were hard to follow / understand.

But thanks, I will keep it in mind. I will probably try to make the i-frames coversion part a little shorter in the update. But before that I will wait a bit and see if anyone has any suggestions or still thinks the TTS might be hard to understand.

Thx! Turning spline mode off helps a lot. I originally thought the device/script player automatically eases in and out to a extend but I guess this is not the case.

I was wondering if there is a way to move multiple strokes with different stroke lengths to the bottom but without altering the stroke length itself. Let’s say I have a stroke from 10, 70,10. If I select only the bottom points and move them down the stroke length will be 70 instead of 60 which I don’t want. If i select the entire stroke I can manually move it down but I can only do this for multiple strokes with the same bottom position. Because if you move a stroke down that is already at the bottom it automatically starts to move the top point thus altering the length. I hope my explanation makes sense lol.

Basically I’m asking if there is a easy way to move multiple strokes to 0 without altering the length if that’s possible.

Well, I made these 2 lua scripts back in the day, but not sure if it works with the newest 2.0 version of OFS (works with 1.4.4 and below for sure):

You can assign a shortcut to both scripts and quickly move selected part of the script.

1 Like

So I saw this and thought “Great! Maybe I´ll be able to script some of my own stuff every now and then! Can´t be too hard, manual, or tedious, right?” [goes to watch video of part 2] …A few moments laterrr… "Well… i guess I´ll just leave it to the professionals then… " :frowning:

I think the easiest way to learn scripting is to load the script that already exists into OFS, play it a bit and see how the points are working. It’s super simple in fact, the tutorial might be overwhelming because it goes into details of 4 different methods of scripting and most functions of OFS. I honestly think watching from 8:35-17:01 (~9 mins) should be enough to start.

I’ve made 4 scripts with the help or the tutorial and I only started maybe 2 weeks ago, it’s really quite simple. I do it frame by frame which takes the longest, but is pretty simple. Load your video into OpenFunscripter, then scroll through the frames with the arrow keys, and press whichever number key you think best suits the moment, or use the simulator if you wanna be super accurate. Just don’t over do it or the script comes out a bit jumpy. Try stick to top and bottom points unless its quite a slow section and i’m sure whatever you make will be fine

1 Like

Is there instructions on how to use new Bookmarks and Chapters functionality anywhere? I can’t make head or tail of how to use them since upgrading to OFS v3.2.0.

Short description of chapters and bookmarks

Right click in the grey area with the diamonds in the picture and you a popup menu will appear. The diamonds are bookmarks I’ve already added.
bild

There you can either add a chapter or a bookmark:
bild

If you select a bookmark then you can name it in the popup after right clicking on the diamond:
bild

If you select add chapter you get a first placeholder for the new chapter:
bild

Click on the next bookmark or just move to somewhere in the video using the progress bar above the bookmarks:
bild

Right click on the green chapter placeholder and select set size. You can also change color and set/rename the chapter in the same popup menu.
bild

The result should be that the chapter is extended to where you are in the video right now:
bild

You can open up a chapter window if you want using the Chapters option in the View menu:
bild

The chapters window opens up. Here you can also rename the chapter by clicking in the large blue box. The little blue vertical bar to the far right will delete the chapter if you click it. If you click the colored box you can change the color of the chapter.
bild

A final word of caution. Managing bookmarks/chapters isn’t part of undo/redo history so changes can’t be undone if you make a mistake.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Thanks. That helped. I did get some of that info on another forum since I asked but should be useful for others. It can be a bit fiddly adding chapters I found… but works if you are careful… also haven’t tested if the chapters/bookmarks actually “saved” somewhere yet. Will try opening in MFP and see if that can see them.